Fortune Teller Says

Summer's Serenade

"Bye Boss! See you tomorrow!"

 

Yue Ting watched as Ian leaves the bake shop. She looked again at him with that dreamily look in her face. "He's so handsome..." Yue Ting said. Mei Qi walked up to her, and hit her head. "Stop daydreaming and help me close the shop!" she shouted at him. Yue Ting rubbed her head as she followed Mei Qi. 

 

As the two went back to the counter, Wayne peeped from the window from the kitchen. "Mei Qi, Yue Ting, make sure to fix everything first, then you and Sunnee can leave. I'll take care of  closing the shop." he said. Mei Qi looked back at him with confusion. "You're not going home yet?" she asked. Wayne smiled and shook her head. "I need to prepare the bread for tomorrow. And besides, I'll be the first one to arrive here tomorrow to do the baking." he said. 

 

Sunnee heard what he said and looked at him. "Oh, so he's always the last one to leave the shop, and the first one to come in..." she thought. Then, Wayne turned to her, and he smiled. As she looked at him, she felt her cheeks turn red again. "That's it for today. You three can go home, and rest. Tomorrow is another battle." he said. Sunnee couldn't help but smile at him, as she nodded her head. "A-are  you sure you don't need my help anymore?" she asked. Wayne shook his head. "I'll be fine. Take a rest for tonight, all right?" he said. 

 

Sunnee looked at him, and find herself smiling at herself. She finds Wayne's dedication to his work quite amazing. Somehow, Wayne reminded her of her late father, who is just as hard working as he is. "Why are you smiling at me?" Wayne asked in an amused tone. She felt her cheeks became warm as she looked away from him. "Don't look at me like that, I might fall in love with you..." Wayne told her."S-s-sorry!" she stuttered. 

 

Wayne walked up to her, and patted her head. "Aren't you supposed to be going home now?" he asked her. Sunnee slowly nodded her head. He let out another smile at her. "Then, I'll see you tomorrow, OK?" he said. Sunnee nodded her head, and took her bag. "I'll see you tomorrow, Wayne." she said. Wayne smiled at her. "I can't wait." he said as he watched her leave. 

 

--

 

Mei Qi, Yue Ting and Sunnee went to the street market to buy their dinner that night. As they were about to go home, they passed by a fortune telling shop. "Sunnee, Mei Qi, let's try to have our fortunes read!" Yue Ting suggested. Mei Qi rolled her eyes at her friend. "Oh please, do you believe that? It's a scam." she said. "Who knows, it might come true." Yue Ting said. 

 

Sunnee looked at Yue Ting, and smiled. "I'll give it a try." she said. Yue Ting smiled, and clapped her hands. Then, the two of them looked at Mei Qi, who had a disapproving look on her face. "Count me out." she said firmly. Yue Ting sighed. "Fine..." she said. "I'll wait for the two of you at the milk tea shop." Mei Qi said before leaving the two. 

 

Sunnee and Yue Ting went inside the shop, and they found the fortune teller sitting before the crystal ball. "Welcome, I've been expecting you..." the fortune teller said. Yue Ting and Sunnee looked at each other, both of them were getting scared. The fortune teller gave them a warm smile, and opened her arms. "Have a seat." she said. 

 

Sunnee and Yue Ting sat in front of her as the fortune teller shuffles her tarot card. "You are here to have your fortune read, right?" she asked. Sunnee and Yue Ting nodded their heads. She turned to Yue Ting and smiled. "Do you want to ask if he will like you back?" she asked. Yue Ting smiled and nodded her head.  The fortune teller smiled as she laid the cards in front of her. 

 

"He will, but you have to work hard. I see here he's a man that cannot be swayed from his passions. You have to convince him to look at you. It will take some time, but it will be worth it." the fortune teller said. Yue Ting smiled happily at what the fortune teller said. Then, the fortune teller looked at Sunnee, and smiled. "I see, you had been hurt recently..." she said. 

 

Sunnee was surprised at what she said. "You never want to give your heart to someone, unless it's true love, am I right?" the fortune teller asked. Sunnee looked at her in disbelief as she nodded her head. The fortune teller smiled at her. "But did you know that you have met your true love? The one to whom you'll give your heart to?" the fortune teller said with a smile. 

 

Yue Ting looked at Sunnee, and smiled excitedly at her. "Sunnee! You met your true love!" she said. "I... I did?" Sunnee asked. "A heart melting smile, a warm hand,  and eyes that looks only at you. You had found him. All you have to do is open your eyes to see him." she said.

 

Sunnee began to think who that guy could be. She had never been close to any guys, and only had a few guy friends. How can she meet the one for her? "Could it be him?" she thought. The thought of her fiance being her true love boggles her. "Should I regret that I ran away from him?" she thought. 

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

Sunnee woke up at around 5 AM, and was not able to go back to sleep. Since that it the case, she decided to go to the bake shop instead. She made a note for Yue Ting and Mei Qi after she got ready, and went to to the bake shop. 

 

She was surprised to see a faint light inside the shop. "Who could be here?" she thought. She pushed the door, and saw that it was open. "Did someone break in?" she said to herself. She went inside the shop, and heard a faint sound from the radio. Inside the kitchen, she saw Wayne preparing their goods for the day. 

 

As he walked to the counter, Wayne noticed Sunnee by the kitchen door. "Sunnee? Why are you so early?" he asked her. "I can't sleep, so I decided to be here early. I didn't know you'd beat me to it." she said. She went inside the kitchen, and noticed the dough on the shelves. "Whoa, you did a lot of dough today?" she asked him. Wayne nodded his head. "We had a huge order of bread from a hotel, so I had to make them early so we can deliver them on time." he explained. 

 

Sunnee looked at the counter, and saw that Wayne is doing another batch of bread. "Whoa, you're doing a lot of bread today..." she said. "Do you want me to teach you how?" Wayne asked. Sunnee smiled and nodded her head. "Let me show you how." Wayne said. 

 

Wayne guided Sunnee as they made the dough together. When  it's time for her to knead it, she was having a hard time. "I can't do it." she said in frustration. "I'll help you." Wayne said. He positioned himself behind her, and held her hand. "You need to do it like this..." he said as he guided her hands. "I'm getting it!" Sunnee said happily. 

 

Then, she turned to look at him, and found him gazing at her. The two of them stared at each other for a long time. Wayne moved closer to her face, and Sunnee could feel her heart beginning beat fast. "You have flour on your nose." he said as he wiped her nose with his clean hand. 

 

She felt her cheeks became warm as she looked away from him. "T-t-thanks..." she said shyly. Then, Wayne held up her hand as he looked at her. "I realized you have such soft hands..." Wayne said. Then, he looked at her, and smiled. "This hand. I have no plans of letting this go once I held it." he told her. 

 

She became more redder as Wayne let go of her hand. "Papa... why is my heart beating so fast around him? Am I in love with him?" she thought. Then, she remembered what the fortune teller told her.   "A heart melting smile, a warm hand,  and eyes that looks only at you. Wayne had it all..." she thought. 

 

"Let's wait for the dough to rise for a while. Shall we make the pies next?" Wayne asked her. Sunnee looked at him, and nodded her head. But Wayne noticed she was in a dazed. "Are you all right?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. 

 

Then, Wayne held both of her cheeks as he looked at her. "Are you sure you're all right?" he asked her worriedly. Sunnee looked at his eyes, and he could see how worried he is. "Papa, why is he looking at him with worried eyes?" she thought. "I'm... I'm OK, Wayne... don'r worry." she said. 

 

Then, Wayne hugged her tight.