8th September

8th September

 

It was 6.00 a.m. in the morning and I still cuddling on my bed. Just as my brown orbs fixed it gazed on the calendar, I started to realize that today is the 8th of September. Without wasting any time, I rushed myself to the bathroom.

"How can you forget about today, Y/n..." I mumbled myself.

 

Standing in front of the mirror, I was admiring my own looks. I wore a light purple blouse and a leather handbag. For the finishing touch, I took out the silver necklace from the drawer and put it on.

 

As I opened the door, my mother approached me, smiling.

"Take care of yourself, Y/n. I know that you are a strong woman. Please send my regard to him and Woojin said that he will waiting for you. I will meet you there..." she said while gave me a hug.

"I will, mum..."

 

I was walking along the park, there, I saw a couple was bickering over a piece of cake. Seeing them made me remembered of you. When we first met.

 


8th September 2015

 

I was working out some orders when you came walking towards the counter, looking at me.

"May I help you, sir?" I asked politely.

"Yes, actually today is my birthday and I want to buy a cake," you answered innocently.

So as usual, I started to promote the cakes but I never thought that it will became this hard. When I was talking, you just stood there, shaking you head whilst saying that nothing met your expectations. Lastly, you ended up buying some chocolate cookies that even a six years old kid would not be interested in.


 

I smiled widely when remembering our old times together. Since that accident, with unknown reason, you ended up becoming my friend and I learnt that Bangchan was your name. I held the necklace, again.

 

Glancing at my watch, I started heading to the cafe across the road. Our favourite place. Just as I entered the cafe, a familiar man walked towards me and smiled.

"As usual?"

"Yes, as usual."

With that, the waiter walked away while I headed for an empty seat.

 


8th September 2016

 

I was waiting for you with your suprised present in the cafe but I still could not see you. Just then, the waiter walked to my table and handed me a small red box and a letter. In the same time, I received a text from you ordering me to read the letter.

"It is your birthday, Chan. Why am I the one who get the present?" I chukled slowly before reading the letter.

 

Dear Y/n,

 

It have been a year since we know each other. I know that I am not perfect but this fragile heart want to say something. Today is my birthday and today also will be the day that I proposed to you. Yes Y/n, I love you. To express the love that I feel for you is quite difficult as words are not enough to describe what can only be felt. You are the reason why I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I love you and I always will.

Y/n, will you marry me?.


 

"I guess it finally time to meet you."

I paid for the coffee and headed out. The weather out here became cloudy just as my heart right now. With a deep breath, I headed for my final destination, to meet you.

 

"Are you waiting for me, Chan?"

Now I was standing in front of you but I know it was impossible for me to see you. Were you there? Could you see me? Do you still remeber me.

I looked at your grave and let out a heavy breath.

"Happy birthday, Chan..."

 


8th September 2016

Were you proposing to me, Chan? Just then, another text came from you, ordering me to open the box. With that, I opened it slowly and tears started to form in my eyes. Inside, there was a silver necklace with our names engraved on it. I started to looked around and I saw you there, standing across the road while holding a bouquet of white flower. I was smiling but it did not last long. Suddenly, a car from nowhere lost it control and was heading towards you. You saw the car coming but you did not budge at all. You just stood there and you looked at me, smiling. You open your mouth and murmured something that I understand straight away.

"I'm sorry and... I love you.."

I just blinked for a second and when I opened my lid, the white flower had became a scary red roses.


 

"Why you just stand there, Chan. Why?"

One year, just one year but you already gave me love, you gave comfort and you left me with pain. 8th of September. The date of your birthday, the date that we first met, the date that you proposed to me. And the date that you left me.

 

"I love you, Chan. I will never forget you and I'm sorry..."

Tears started to trickled down my cheeks as the rain started to poured down. Before leaving, I put a card on your grave and the necklace.

"Thank you, Chan. I hope you're happy there. It's sad that our story doesn't end as what we want to but... thanks... and.... I miss you..forever and always."

I wiped up those tears and bid you goodbye.


WITH LOVE

~Y/n and Woojin~

~Invite you to celebrate their union~

8th September 2017

Three o' clock in th evening

The Riverview Garden

 

reception to follow