Drabble - 1

Waste it on me

A/N : Just because I can't get enough of Jungkook

 


 

There was one thing you came to hate more than the fact that Jungkook was a stupid gangster: his missions. At first, you did not pay much attention to it, thinking that it was nothing serious. 

Except it was damn serious.

One time, Jungkook came back from a supposedly trip to Brazil, a ‘business’ trip, he said, and yet, the moment he came back and you hugged him, he winced. Except Jungkook was not the type to wince and even less the type to push you away.

“The hell?” You asked and took a step back before looking at him.

“Sorry, I just-“ You did not let him time to finish, mainly because you already knew what he was about to say. Jungkook was ready to lie to you if it meant to keep you away from any worries. You appreciated his concerns but this time it seemed too serious for you to let it slide. You grabbed his shirt, pulling it up a little too harshly, almost ripping it. Your hands froze midway at the sight of his torso covered in bruises, some purple, some darker. Your blood ran cold, you were absolutely horrified by the sight and for a moment you forgot how to breath.

Jungkook knew it would eventually happen and he expected this reaction. He gently grabbed your hands, forcing you to let go of his shirt, letting it slide back against his skin and hiding the disaster. 

“I swear I’m fine.” He said, his voice soft, trying not to upset you

“You’re fine?” You scoffed

“It’s not as bad as it looks!”

“You’re being unreasonable. What happened? No, wait, I don’t want to know. You need to see a doctor!” 

Jungkook sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration. “Y/N, I repeat, I’m fine. I’ll live.”

“You better or I’m going to bring you back to life and send you back to hell with my own two hands.”

You thought that after this warning, he would take better care of himself.

He did not.

You should have known better; Jungkook was always reckless and despite being extremely good at his work, he would put himself in danger more than he should. But what could you do? It was part of him, a part that you fully embraced and came to love but it did not change the fact that you worried. What if one day he would not be lucky enough?

So when Jungkook told you he would leave for another two days, you had a very bad feeling. Whenever he would leave for more than a day, you could not stop yourself from imaging the worst. And maybe your guts were not completely wrong. Jungkook had disappeared of your radar for a week. A whole week without messages, without any sign of him still being alive. It drove you mad not to know. 

Until of course he came back like nothing had happened.

The moment you opened your door that dreadful morning and saw his face, your face paled at the sight of the young man. You felt relief washing over you. He was alive. But then, you could not help but feel anger boiling inside you. You just wanted nothing more but smash your fist right into his face -it was everything he deserved, but since you were a very nice girlfriend, you let him in without a word. 

“I’m sorry for not coming back sooner.” Jungkook apologized, feeling a little uneasy by the silence. Why were you not scolding him like you would usually do? The silence ended up scaring him more –and there were not many things that could scare him. 

“It’s fine.”

His eyes widened in shock. The tone of your voice was so calm, so low. Jungkook knew he was in trouble. But he did not know just how much.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

“On a scale of 1 to 10, how angry are you?" Jungkook eyed you as he asked his question.

You had been giving him the silent treatment ever since he came back from his mission, which was now two days ago. 

Jungkook knew you were upset; he knew it would happen even before he decided to pay you a visit. He knew how much you hated his job and how you hated seeing him leave and give you absolutely no news. But still, he just did not expect it to be that bad and he did not expect it to last. For once, he wished you would talk to him and yell at him, at least he would know what actually bothered you so much. But he never stopped trying. Just like tonight.

"Y/N, seriously?" He tried again. He took a step towards you, hoping to make you react, even a scowl would have been fine. Actually, anything would have suited him, except your face was completely blank and it scared him more than he wanted to admit. " It has been two days. Aren't you going to explain me what I did so wrong?" 

You glared at him, still fuming from inside. It had been two days since he came back and you were happy to finally see him again but in what state? Jungkook came back alive -thanks God, but his face and neck were covered with wounds, deeper than the usual one and you could only imagine how many others he had under his clothes. You had asked him previously to be more careful, but it was just too much for him, was it not?

Jungkook came back, looking like a kicked puppy and willing to do whatever you wanted as long as it meant you would talk to him again. How could you even resist those big eyes? 

"Jungkook." You finally spoke as you put your laptop away from your laps, the sound of your voice startling him. "You're a big idiot." 

"I thought we agreed on that one months ago?" He joked despite the fact that he was intrigued. What had he done again? 

You sighed, defeated, you approached him and before he could add anything else, you grabbed his face between your hands and squished his cheeks as if he was just a kid. He winced a little, his wound at the lip hurt more than he wanted to admit and you knew it. 

"1 to 10? I'm a solid 10 right now." You said, nevertheless a smile spread on your face. "I'm mad because you got beaten up. What the hell?" 

Jungkook blinked at you, surprised, probably a little taken aback and then it fully sank in his head. You were not really upset because he had done something bad but because you were worried for him. He felt a huge burden lifted off his shoulders. He closed his eyes for a second, before swiftly freeing himself from your warm hands and circling his arms around your frame, lifting you from the ground as if you weighed nothing. You shrieked in surprise, your arms instantly flew around his neck to make sure you would not fall. You wanted to glare at him and share a piece of your mind but the moment you looked down at his face, your mouth felt suddenly oddly dry. The look of pure fondness had you completely unsettled, your cheeks turned red under his loving gaze and your heart thumped loudly against your ribs. 

"What did I do to deserve such a nice girlfriend?"