Chapter 2

One Last Time

 

"JENNIE KIM!" I heard someone shouting my name. I look at it and found Chaeyoung walking angrily towards me.

Chaeng? I barely found her angry, and this is the first time i heard her shouting. And that is my name.

"JENNIE! WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?!" she angrily ask me. And pushes my shouder.

Wait! What did I do?! Even i myself is confuse.

"What did I do? What are you talking about Chaeyoung?" I ask her calmly. Some students are already looking at us. I notice that the crowd is getting thicker. So i drag her at the backyard. There were no students around. Most of them have classes this hour.

"You! You really didn't know?! Hah! I can't believe this! You!" I'm getting annoyed. I really didn't know. I can't understand what she was saying

"Enlighten me Chaeyoung" i said with stern on my voice.

"Jisoo." she look straight in my eyes

"Jisoo?" i ask her confuse

"Oh for fcuk's sake! Now you didn't know you're girlfriend's name?! Hah!" she looks at me as if she wants to punch me at the face. Hard.

"Chaeyoung! I know Jisoo! I know my girlfriend 's name! What i am asking is what about Jisoo?" i ask her more calmly this time. What happen to Jisoo? Now i'm getting nervous.

"You really didn't know?!"

"Fcuk Park Chaeyoung! I already ask you a couple of times! What happen to Jisoo?!" i ask her angrily

"She's been crying for days now! Fcuk!"

I was shock! Crying?! Why?! All i know is that she's with her family now. She said that she misses her family.

"What are you talking about Chaeyoung?! She's with her family since last week!" 

"Family?! huh?! Do you know that she's with me since last week?! She even said that she don't want you to know!"

What?!

"Park Chaeyoung. I swear if you are lying now." i threaten her

"Then call her" she gestures me to call her

I call her and she didn't answer. I look at Chaeyoung.

"I'll call her. I will put it on loudspeaker."

She gets her phone and call Jisoo.

"Hello?" i heard her raspy voice

"Chaeng?" 

I can't help myself to answer her.

"Jisoo."

"J-jennie? W-why are y-you with C-Chaeng?" her raspy voice becomes nervous

"I also want to ask. Why are you with Chaeng? Y-you didn't a-anwer my c-calls" i ask her angrily. But remembring what Chaeng said earlier that she's been crying. And hearing her raspy voice. I know.

She didn't anwer. 

Chaeng gesture me that she's talking to Jisoo. Without the speaker. I nodded.

"You both are STUPID! But what can i do? You are both my friends!" she said in defeat

"I know." i sigh

"Can i see her?" i ask her softly

She nodded. 

"Both of you needed to talk."

"Thanks Chaeng."

 

We enter Chaeng's apartment and she guides me where Jisoo is. She said that she will go to Lisa's apartment now, so we can have privacy. I thank her.

"Fix this." she look at me straight

"Yes. I will." i half smile at her.

 

I knock on the door before going inside. I saw her. I saw her eyes swollen. Her nose is red. Her hair is dishelved. Her bright face is now glommy. She didn't look at me. I think she knows that i will come here. I was sad seeing her like this. No. Not sad. I was devastated seeing her like this. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart that i was the reason why she's like this! She didn't  deserve it!  I want to cry. My eyes are glistering from unshedded tears.

"J-jisoo" i called her. 

She didn't look at me. I want her to look at me.

"Please Jisoo. Look at me. Please. Babe?" I pleaded at her.

She shuts her eyes tightly and shook her head.

I started to walk to her slowly. Like i was walking on a thin glass, a thin glass that if i walk wrongly it would break. 

"Jisoo. I'm sorry." i pleaded softly.

She still not looking at me. I sigh. I want her to look at me. Shout at me. I want her to be angry with me. Punch me. Slap me.  Which is i deserve. 

Anything will do as long as i can still call you mine. Please Jisoo.

"Jisoo. I'm really sorry. I didn't know i hurt you this much. I know this is all my f-fault." I stutter as i started to feel lump in my throat. I want to cry but i know that won't solve the problem. 

"All those promises i made. All those so called dates that we never finish. All those hurtful words i said to you. All those times that i made you feel neglected. All those-" i didn't manage to finish my sentence as i feel the tears that falls on my cheeks. But i have to do this.

"A-all those things that i m-made you c-cry. I'm really sorry. I know being sorry won't solve our p-problem. My p-problem. But please l-look at me, babe. I m-miss you so much. I love you so much."

I wanted to hold her. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to bury my face on her neck and tell how much i'm sorry.

She didn't react on every word i said. I'm feeling lost. I don't know what to do. I want her to look at me but i can't push myself to her. I don't want her to feel that i'm pressuring her. I want her to know and feel that i really regret all those things.

"Did you eat?" i softly ask her

She still didn't react. But i still want her to feel loved.

"I'll just cook. I will cook marinated chicken. Chicken is still your favorite right?" I ask her even though i know she won't respond.

I get up from sitting on the side of the bed. And carefully and slowly going to the door to go out. Before i can open the door i heard her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's break up"