chapter 3

dangerous

They say you are dangerous, but I don't care. I'm gon' to pretend that I'm not scared. 


After the moment they shared together that night, the pair were inseparable.

Sakura found herself clinging to the older girl, wanting to spend every second with her. Naturally, that meant that she began to develop similar habits as the troublesome student.

Sakura started to stray from her usual self, coming to class late and sometimes even skipping class altogether. She began to notice that she was also failing to get her work done on time because most of her time was spent with Eunbi.

Countless of nights were spent gazing at the stars and the city lights at their lookout.

Countless of days were spent riding on Eunbi’s motorcycle away from their school and into the unknown.

If she was honest with herself, following Eunbi’s lead worried her. But Sakura couldn’t seem to care anymore.

Because being with Eunbi was thrilling

Even though she knew it was wrong, she was addicted to it. Doing bad things with Eunbi sent a rush through her body. 

As much as Sakura wanted to stay true to herself, being with Eunbi gave her a chance to actually discover who she really was. Sakura was sick of always having to live up to everyone’s expectations, doing what they wanted.

But Eunbi made her feel like she was her own person.

Like she was alive

——————

Sakura smiled to herself as she replied to Eunbi’s text.

Ever since the two girls had gotten paired together, Chaeyeon noticed that Sakura was drifting away from her, becoming a girl that she didn’t recognise anymore.

As the best friends studied together in the library, Chaeyeon constantly tried to make small talk, but Sakura seemed so out of it. The whole time her eyes were glued to her phone, smiling to herself as she typed away.

Sick of receiving half-assed answers, Chaeyeon asked, “Are you talking to her again? It’s all you do these days.”

Attempting to defend herself, Sakura said, “Sorry i just-”

“Why do you even like her so much?” the younger girl wondered before continuing, “I know what you’ve been doing. You should stop while you can before it gets dangerous.”

Surprised that Chaeyeon would even say such a thing, Sakura carelessly answered, “Whatever. I’ll do what I want.”

Annoyed, Chaeyeon tried to reassure, “I’m just trying to protect you. She’s turning you into a just like her.”

“How can you say that when you don’t even know a single thing about her?”she asked, agitated.

“I know that she’s not good for you.”

“I don’t need this, I can take care of myself,” Sakura snarled, as she quickly packed up her things and stood up. 

Grabbing her best friend’s arm, Chaeyeon tried to stop her, “Wait, Sakura-”

Not giving her have a chance to continue, Sakura shook off the girl’s arm and stormed out of the library, not even looking back or caring about the confused students watching the argument unfold.

As Sakura walked off, part of her wished that Chaeyeon would get up and stop her, tell her to stay instead of simply being careful. Because truthfully, she was scared.

Scared of the things she was doing with Eunbi. 

Scared of how she was treating her friend. 

Scared of what Eunbi was turning her into. 

But she just couldn’t go back to being little miss perfect anymore.