six.

Delivery

Jimin woke up to her phone ringing. She sat up and groaned. She definitely had a hangover. On the bedside table, there was a glass of water and some painkillers with a note, but Jimin went for the phone first.

"Hey Jimin, did you get the email too?" It was Jongin.

"Hold on, I just woke up from last night. What email?" Jimin asked, reaching to read the note.

hi jimin, had to go home. my aunt wanted me and i got work tonight. drink the water and take the painkillers. you drank a lot last night so i know your head will hurt. text me when you wake up. - minjeong <3

"The university is sending us to a competition. We'll be representing it with our dance along with a few others too, so we'll need to meet up with everyone to practice a group dance. It's going to be held in Jeju for a week at the end of next month." Jongin said. 

"Wait... What? I'm not awake enough for this..." Jimin mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "Don't get me wrong, this is exciting, but I feel like I have the hangover from hell right now."

"I can tell." Jongin laughed. "Just read the email and we can talk about it when you're feeling more alive. You were never too good at drinking. Talk to you later, Jimin." And with that, Jongin hung up.

Jimin still couldn't take it in, so she took some of the painkillers, drank a little more water then went back to sleep.

 

A few hours later, she woke up again and decided it was time to stay awake. The first thing she did was read the email that Jongin had talked about on the phone earlier. She would be going to Jeju for a week at the end of the month to perform two dances, the group one that was yet to be made and the duet with Jongin. On one hand, she was excited, it was a new opportunity and it would get her more well known. But on the other hand, she was already feeling sad that she'd be away from her friends, especially Minjeong, for that week. All that was left to do was to tell them.

 

yu jimin created a new group chat.

yu jimin added kim aeri, ning yizhuo, kim minjeong.

yu jimin: thought it would be easier this way because i feel like from last night and don't want to explain three times and i know aeri and yizhuo will tell everyone else. i'm going to jeju at the end of this month for a week as the university has selected jongin and i to perforn our duet and a group dance with other students selected. we will be practicing the group dance until then so busy times.

kim aeri: that's great!! happy for you!!

ning yizhuo: yeah that's great we do love to see our jimin growing up and being successful!!

kim minjeong: good luck, happy for you <3

Jimin put her phone down and went into the kitchen to get some toast, before returning to her room to eat and watch a show on Netflix before subsequently falling asleep again until the next day.

 

9am came and saw Jimin at the dance practice rooms with Jongin and a group of students who had been selected for their dance skills to represent the university in Jeju. Jongin, being the most talented, was creating the choreography with Seulgi, another one of the most talented.

"We need the formation to be perfect, we need the strongest at the front, but also towards the back corners too. And we can always change the positions throughout the dance too so that everyone has their chance to be in the center." Seulgi was saying. "So, if you see yourself as one of the weaker dancers, put your hand up. We're all of very similar ability here, but you know how it is." 

A group put their hand up and Seulgi directed them towards the middle of the formation. Jimin ended up taking one of the back corners to start with, but towards the end she was at the front.

"You have a very memorable image, Jimin. That's why we want you at the front at the end. The ending pose is one of the most important parts." Jongin said.

"Just say I'm hot, don't be shy." Jimin laughed.

"Okay, you're hot." Jongin teased before ruffling Jimin's hair.

"Alright! Let's go through what we have one last time and let's meet tomorrow at 9am again to continue working!" Seulgi called everyone back to their starting positions.

 

Jimin arrived home at 8pm, exhausted. She opened the door to the dorm and walked in and everything went silent as Aeri, Yizhuo, and Minjeong all looked up at her from their positions on the couch.

"Since when were you all friends?" Jimin asked as she walked into the kitchen to get some water.

"Since you introduced us!" Yizhuo said. "Minjeong's very nice!"

"She came to see you actually." Aeri said. "We just kept her here because we knew you'd be home soon."

"Really? You didn't make her come by using the pizza place?" Jimin laughed. "That seems to be the most common way we get Minjeong here."

"Nope, I showed up all by myself." Minjeong said with a smile. 

"I see. Well, I was gonna take a shower, I've been dancing all day and I feel gross, so you three can keep talking until I'm done." Jimin said.

The three nodded and went back to talking about a show they'd all been watching whilst Jimin went off into the bathroom, undressing and turning the shower on before stepping under the water. She was about to close her eyes and just relax for a moment, when she heard the unmistakable sound of Yizhuo's very loud voice in the living room.

"So she's going off to Jeju at the end of the month! What are you going to do?" Yizhuo asked.

She heard another voice, too muffled to make out any words, but she knew it was Minjeong.

"She's gonna come back though.... Maybe you should..." Aeri's voice went quieter and Jimin frowned.

"Waaa! I'm so excited! I can't wait for it!" Yizhuo yelled.

The conversation then changed to something else, from what Jimin could hear from Yizhuo it was about food and Minjeong's job. She gave up on trying to hear after that.

Jimin left the bathroom after showering, glancing over at the three sitting in the living room as she went to her room with the towel wrapped around her, not missing the way Minjeong's eyes followed her the whole way. She was definitely checking her out.

"Stop undressing her with your eyes! It's gross!" Yizhuo whined from the living room after Jimin had closed the door to her room.

Jimin put some comfortable clothes on and let out an exhausted sigh. All she wanted to do was close her eyes and sleep, but Minjeong was here and she would always have time for her, so she decided to be extra lazy.

"Minjeong! Can you come in here please!" She called from the bedroom.

Ten seconds later, Minjeong came in and closed the door behind her.

"Hey, did you need something?" Minjeong asked.

"Can you help me brush my hair? Today was exhausting." Jimin said, holding out the hairbrush to Minjeong.

"Of course." Minjeong said, taking the hairbrush and sat next to Jimin on the bed and began brushing the other girl's hair gently. "So how was your day other than exhausting?"

"Fun, I like learning new dances. Jongin and Seulgi are good teachers. Some of the others are a little harder to work with honestly, but we'll get it done in time." Jimin said, closing her eyes. "I just don't like how long the days are... So much to do for the end of the month."

"I see." Minjeong said. "Do you take breaks? Lunch breaks?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah, we get an hour for lunch but most of us don't eat that much. It feels not so great dancing with a full stomach. But don't worry, I did eat before I came home. Jongin brought me McDonald's."

"Mm, I see. Well, let's make sure you get the rest you need at night." Minjeong said. "Are you ready for bed now?" 

Jimin hummed before nodding as Minjeong put the hairbrush down. They both got into Jimin's tiny bed together after Minjeong had turned the light off. Unsurprisingly, it only took a few minutes for Jimin to fall asleep in Minjeong's arms, but the other girl didn't move.

"I promise I'll take care of you. I promise." Minjeong whispered, kissing Jimin's cheek as the other girl slept peacefully.

 

Minjeong always kept promises. And right now she wasn't just promising to look after Jimin whilst she was busy, she was promising from there onwards, long into the future.