TSR: Chapter 8

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of everything that happened yesterday with Jongin, I barely had any sleep and I guess my body didn't want to sleep either. I woke up extra early with my mind still running around thinking about him. What a beautiful way to start my day. It was still dark outside but I could tell that the sun will be rising soon. I sighed and remembered yesterday again. Work has already been giving me a lot of stress and add that to the encounter at the diner with the whole 'Jongin might have found his soulmate' situation is something I'd rather not have witnessed firsthand.

Nevertheless, I'm still an adult with responsibilities and not a little angsty teenage girl. So I pushed myself off from my fluffy bed that seemed extra fluffier as I am sleep deprived then got myself a cold cup of water to wake me up. I can't really go back to sleep even if I wanted to. So might as well start my day early on. I went on with my very early morning routine that even after I finished, the time is still way earlier than my usual wake up time.

Jongin usually picks me up and drops me off to work, but starting this week he will be going to his sister's place to take care of the kids for her. His work in school just finished so he is going to take a break for a month before going back again to prepare for the next school year's classes. I'm so glad that I don't have to run into Jongin right now. I can even bear to see him without going into a spiral of sadness like yesterday. I don't really want anymore of that.

How can one single person cause a headache and a heartache at the same time?

I feel miserable. I wanted to place the blame on someone but who? No one is at fault, and I know it's not fair to blame Jongin. If anyone deserves the blame then it would be me.

Looks like I woke up extra early to have more time to feel miserable.

In an attempt to change my mood, I decided to walk to work today instead of taking the bus. Walking might help clear my mind off with all this Jongin thoughts haunting me. It takes me about 30 minutes if I speed walked so I would say its a bit far but thought to take this chance to benefit me in clearing my head before work. I grabbed a casual yellow summer dress from the closet, just to add a splash of color to my gloomy day start. 

The sun was already up by the time I left the house. Even though I was in a bad mood, I couldn't help but notice how peaceful and hopeful the morning scenery is. The warm early rays from the sun touched my skin as if it's giving me a warm hug. I'm glad I decided to walk today. I feel comforted. The birds chirping around in the background made me feel like a Disney princess.

It looked like the birds were following me around to cheer me up with their singing voices. I know it's highly unlikely, I just allowed myself to believe that since it work to lift my spirits up.

I took my time walking to work but I still somehow managed to arrive at the company building a little earlier than when I usually start. So, I got myself a fresh raspberry smoothie to pass time. I purposely didn't get a strawberry smoothie to not trigger memories of a certain someone. I continued to stroll around with the smoothie on my hand not really going far from the building so I won't be late for work.

Honestly, I feel way better now than how I started. I'm glad that I get to experience this good morning vibe by not taking the bus. Look how nice that I'm having this peaceful walk and on top of that I'm having my cold delicious raspberry smoothie.

I feel like I'm overreacting over the small good things today but please let me be. Just this once.

After a while, I see a lady from a distance dressed in a pale blue tracksuit waving as she jogged towards my direction. I looked around checking if she's greeting someone near me. But it's too early for anyone to be here, unless she's waving at the cat in front of me.

She sure is waving at me.

As she got closer, I recognized her. It's Lily. I panicked and I want to hide just to avoid her. I don't feel like having a conversation especially with her. Jongin's soulmate. More like potential soulmate. 

"What a surprise to meet you, Mina. Good morning!" Lily greeted in a bubbly tone.

I greeted her back but not as vibrant as she did. "It's Miseo by the way." I corrected her trying to hide my scornful look. I really don't want to engage in a conversation with her.

"Oh my bad." She brought a hand up to in shock and embarrassment. "Ah haha," She sheepishly scratched the back of her head and laughed. "Sorry, I'm really bad with names as you might have noticed.."

No Miseo, we're not entertaining negative vibes today. I mentally battled with myself.

"It's alright. It's better to get it wrong than never trying to ask. We might have a full on conversation with you thinking that I'm Mina the whole time."

"True enough. I actually just made a wild guess on that one, but I can't believe I got the first letter right! I mean, at least the first letter." She giggled. "I do a little trick rather than asking their name again I just guess it. If I ask, I'm just gonna forget the name again. I like making the encounter more memorable for me so I don't forget the name." Lily let out another chuckle after her explanation then kept swinging her leg back and forth playfully.

I wouldn't be as confident as her if I'm talking to a complete stranger, I guess now that we met more thn twice we're more like acquaintances? But her confidence and social skills amazes me.

You sure can feel her positive energy oozing out from her. Her personality is just full of colors and joy. Not gonna lie, she's lovable making me not want to hate her for something that she has no hand on, like the fact that Jongin's soulmate. Why are you being petty in front of a college student? Grow up Miseo, will you? 

But the thing is does Jongin really get mint from her?

"Do you live around here?" She asked breaking me from my train of thoughts.

"Not really nearby but not too far away as well. I work there by the way." I said pointing towards the tall building across the street continuing the conversation. "How about you?"

"I live in the city, it's a few minutes drive from here. I usually do my morning jog there, but I wanted to get to know this place since I just started working here now. Kind of like, killing two birds with one stone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter