the meeting

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                                                       

 

 

It seemed like Kai’s arrival was the reason the energy in the room changed. I didn’t blame anyone, Kai’s vibe was different from everyone. He was so energetic, the way he moved his body, the way he laughed- it wasn’t loud and annoying, it was just so… happy. I found myself not able to keep my eyes off him even when he had already turned away and I could feel the man beside me shift. For a moment I had already forgot that Yixing was there and I jumped as a hand landed on my thigh.

“You okay?” He asked and I shifted, turning back to face him with difficulty.

“Yes.” I answered, flashing him a small smile. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because I know what had happened to you and Kai.” He replied almost instantaneously and I blinked. Yixing saw the expression on my face and chuckled, retracting his hand and leaning back. His eyes twinkled between amusement and… pity? I struggled to understand the vibe he was giving me, but I also had to blame the alcohol for not making me as quick witted as I usually was.

“It was a long time ago.” I replied. “It’s all in the past, nothing to dwell on. You know Kai?”

Yixing nodded, his facial expression becoming thoughtful. “I’m not at all close to him. I was his boss when he was working here in Korea before he went to the States.”

My eyes widened at the information before I frowned. Nights and nights Kai would come home and complain. “My boss is such an , he is such a perfectionist.” He would grumble. “I made one mistake. One mistake, babe.” On some occasions he would mention, “He never comes to company dinners. He always says that it isn’t his “thing”. Sometimes I feel like he looks down on us. I know he’s friends with Baekhyun Hyung and all- sometimes I wonder how Baekhyun Hyung handles being friends with him.”. With all the memories flashing back I leaned backwards to look at Yixing, tilting my head to the side.

“I’m sorry but… you? I expected you to be an older man who looks like he’s mad all the time.”

Yixing laughed and shook his head. “What? Because I take my job seriously? In all honesty, young lady, if you ever do work for me- I’m sure I’ll be in a better mood every day.”

“Zhang Yixing, are you flirting with me?”

“Depending on your response.” His answer was simple and it made me laugh softly before a shadow came up to me and we were both surprised by a bewildered looking Baekhyun.

“Hey.. I’m so sorry, I didn’t know he was in Korea. I just heard that he wanted to surprise everyone and if I knew, you wouldn’t be here-“

“Oppa. I’m fine.” I said, patting his arm. “I’m an adult. I’m not going to fight him or run away.” I said, shaking my head at the older man and his features immediately softened. His shoulders relaxed and he dragged a chair over, oblivious at the look on Yixing’s face. Baekhyun was obviously drunk and Yixing was obviously not enjoying the chaotic energy that Baekhyun seemed to have. A drunk Baekhyun was always either an emotional boy or a grenade waiting to burst.

“I’m so mad at him.” Baekhyun said, chugging down the wine and I made a face as I felt the taste on my tongue just by watching him. “I’m going to fight him! I will demand-“

“Woah. Calm down, Byun.” Yixing said, patting his shoulder so the small structured boy could breathe. “How about we get you some water?” Yixing stood up and gestured to me that he would be back. I nodded and crossed my legs as I watched Yixing hold Baekhyun up who was complaining that he didn’t water- just more alcohol. I grinned to myself and thought about the many times Baekhyun had been stubborn when he was drunk when a voice up from behind me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter