Chapter 1 (A Lover's Quest)

A Lover's Quest

"Is this really where I belong?"   

Taehyung stood on the long stoned pathway infront of the huge University, designed with hazel bricks as a pinch of white lines in between with the large trees and the chirping birds living in the thick leaves, emphasizing the homey feel of the surroundings. The University was clearly out of the city's reach as Taehyung and his parents drove for hours to even set foot on the territory. It was blissfully quiet, relaxing even. The students walking aroud on the fresh green grass with maroon uniforms draped over their figures as a stack of books plushed between their arms and chest to keep every single one in place. This place doesn't even look like people filled with magical powers; it was just so normal to be like it. While admiring the features of the building infront, Taehyung subconsciously emitted a frost on the palms of his hands causing it to well up on the straps of his bag but soon his nervousness started to ease; when realizing he has a new life ahead of him. A sigh then left his lips as he let go of the straps and looked back at his mother and father.

"Yes, dear.. this is where you belong.. safe and sound" His mother finally spoke with tears starting to form around her sparkling eyes. She stepped closer to place both her hands on each of Taehyung's cheeks. "You'll be safe here, my love. Enjoy this new environment and fit in like the others" A tear finally left from her eyes as she brushed her thumbs softly on Taehyung's cheek. "Eomma" A tight grip appeared on Taehyung's heart as he sees the sadness in his mother's eyes, he lifted his hand to place it on top of his mother's own that is still placed against his cheek to hold it tight and hope to stop the tears to fall even further. "Thank you" He whispered as softly as he can for his mother with a smile lifting up on his lips. A relief brushed over his shoulders when he saw that loving smile back on his mother's face soon enough and they both pulled each other in a tight embrace, treasuring the last moments they would be together but of course they would still visit their son, just not most of the time since the distance is already too difficult to communicate with each other and Taehyung will surely be busy with his training around here soon. 

"Mind if Appa can join too?" The aged man then said once he finished taking out Taehyung's luggage from the car. A smile plastered on his face with wide arms to wrap it around the most special people in his entire world. Once their hug was over as they took a few steps back with Taehyung's father at his mother's side with an arm comfortably wrapped around his mother's waist and Taehyung right in front of them. "We'll miss you, son" His father spoke and placed his hand on top of his shoulder "Enjoy your life, Taehyung.. No more hiding.. You can finally be free" He said with a smile, he is now failing to hold back the tears as the thought of not seeing his son for a long period of time but nothing can beat his son's happiness and freedom.

It really was bittersweet. They have to sacrifice their future moments together for their world's happiness, Taehyung. The memories they had was already enough, nothing can beat any of those anyway and now here they are, at the point where they'll finally let go of each other and let their only son live on his own. Taehyung was never that kind of person to stay away from his parents because he is already a 'grown man', no, he wasn't like that. He spent those little moments with his parents and he isn't afraid to show his love to the two people who raised him since he was still a little baby. They were there for him and he is there for them. Nothing can change that.

"I'll miss you too" He said with the brightest smile he can give with the sadness deep in his heart. "Ill be fine here, eomma, appa.. Like you both said, Im safe here.. I can be 'me' here.. I can already feel the freedom. Thank you" He took a deep breath to endure his sobs inside because he wouldn't want this moment to be filled with sadness, he wants this moment to be a memorable joyful moment and he has all his will to not ruin that so now, the boxy smile remains. 

His childhood back then was really difficult for a young boy. He'd barely go outside and explore what it felt to play around with other children at the park. He was prohibited to have close contact with other people exluding his parents and his tutor, who homeschooled him until high school that they have to change every three months when Taehyung's parents notice when they grew suspicious of Taehyung's odd actions such as covering his hands most of the time and the cold air Taehyung produces whenever he couldn't solve a hard math equation. It was hard; not only for Taehyung but also his parents, looking at how their son grow so lonely and they felt guilty at that but they would always try their best to keep Taehyung company and give him the happiest moments. None of them even had a clue where Taehyung got his powers, they wouldn't also bear a chance to tell other relatives since they might take Taehyung elsewhere for experimentation. 

A day then came where Taehyung grew careless of using his abilities and went to the backyard of their house. Seeking more of what his powers can do, not noticing the new presense of someone else behind his back before an astonished hum was heard. Once Taehyung looked back in fear, he saw his aunt from his father's side. She didn't tell anyone about their secret but she did tell them all about the University right where Taehyung is currently standing that is filled with people of his kind. They never asked how she knew about the campus but all were grateful when knowing of the new information.

"We'll keep in touch, my dear!" Taehyung's mother waved from inside the car, leaving Taehyung be on the University's ground as he also returned the wave with his own and the last sound he heard from his parent's was the horn of the car to signal their leave. 

Taehyung breathed in slowly and carried his luggage again to face the large building infront. "Here we go then.." He murmured and went straight to his dorm up the towers. It wasn't high enough so he got there in an instant. Then there he stood infront of the wooden door. He placed the bags down to look back again on the card to confirm he is at the right door. "1720" He says and looked back at the door and yes, this is it. When he looked back down again, it says someone's name. He squinted his eyes a little smaller to read the lettering even clearer 'Park Jimin' it says, must be his roommate. He gulped down in his throat before taking the keys out from his pocket to unlock the door and when the door was completely open. It was definitely clean inside, very wooden and cozy also. This place is really into vintage designs, Taehyung thought in his mind as he took a few more steps closer to wander the whole flat and not so long, a pink haired boy popped out from one of the rooms. "Who are you and why are you here?" He instantly said and before Taehyung can comply, he stepped closer to the boy to talk with him properly.

"Oh, apologi-" Taehyung was cut off from his words when he suddenly couldn't feel his own body. He stood still with one foot while his other is still up on the air when he tried walking closer to the other, he couldn't budge. "What's happening to me?" Taehyung then said as he glared up at the stranger and he still has enough will to not roll his eyes when seeing the other have a victorious smile on his face with his arms crossed and well Taehyung found it cute since he is wearing a too large sweater on him as the sleeves cover half of his hands and Taehyung thought 'He's trying to threathen me with that outfit?' He huffed in amusement and have his eyes back on the other as he finally stood infront of him. "Why are you here?' He asked once again and Taehyung obviously noticed the height difference and nope, not that scared.

The door banged shut and it's now just the two of them in this quiet room. When the other didn't get an answer, Taehyung's head is yanked from behind and that left a loud groan leave his mouth and noticing the other didn't move a single muscle was very impressive. 'He can control anything huh' He said to himself and realizing the person he is belittling is actually very powerful. Yet another groan escaped from his mouth when he tried to lift his numbing neck back up straight and with no improvement, he gave up and finally spoke "Hey, I am actually your roommate" He finished and tried to move his head just by the sides to seek movement but nothing changed but a high scream and the contact of his body against the hard floor "Ow!" Taehyung yelled as he sat up on his bottom with a hand supporting his back from the pain. "Im so sorry, I didnt know" The pink haired said and went closer to Taehyung to help him get back on his feet. With the older letting go of Taehyung's arm and have his hand on his forehead to ease the stressful thoughts roaming around his mind "Was I too much?" The other asked worriedly and held Taehyung's shoulders to forcibly make him face the other "Was I?" And that made Taehyung in complete terror from how strong the other is also and with no other words, he just nodded on the other's words. "Oh lord, I'm really sorry" The other then said and paced around the room but not too long, he suddenly paced at Taehyung's way and shook his hand violently "I'm sorry for our first meeting but let's just put that aside, I'm Jimin by the way" He said in the fastest way possible with a very bright smile over his face at the end. 'Wow' Taehyung said and he just showed a forceful smile, maybe, but he's trying "I'm Taehyung and it's fine. I quite find your ability very amusing" Taehyung said with a satisfied nod at the compliment he just gave and Jimin's face turned twice brighter as it is now. "That's great! I can just control things through my mind" He said and suddenly the door swung open again and Taehyung's bags flew right in the dorm and is now placed down at Taehyung's sides "Wow" Taehyung couldn't keep in the words in his mind much longer as he eyed his bags on the floor "Yeah, its pretty amazing.. how about yours?" Jimin said and with that Taehyung looked back at Jimin as he lifted up his hand "Just ice" He murmured as an icy crystal appeared above Taehyung's palm as it then grew larger and larger as it started to form very sharp pointy edges and it kept getting bigger having the tips of ice scrape over the wooden walls but as soon as everything gets too dangerous the crystal disappeared in a strong cold breeze throughout the whole room having Jimin's own body get slightly pushed from the strong force, he stumbled a few steps back but he still stood up on his own two feet "That's very nice, Taehyung .. but quite dangerous" He said and Taehyung couldn't deny but shrugged. He should really control this soon before the time comes where he couldn't.

"Come, Ill show you the way to your room" Jimin offered with a smile as he made his way down the hallway "Didn't imagine my roommate can be so powerful" He blurted out not considering how Taehyung's reaction would be but seeing the tall one got caught up on his throat was quite something. "Uh- thank you" Taehyung said with a slight bow as they finally stopped infront of a white two-door. "Here it is, your room" Jimin said as he took a hold of the knob and turned it over to swing it open. It was a very cozy personal place Taehyung thought as he took a step inside, eyeing the sets of wooden furniture and the large bookshelf with an arm chair by it's side. It was defintely Taehyung's cup of tea. He sighed and sat down on the bed thats placed in the middle of the room with a huge window by its back, letting the sunlight subtly travel on the mahogany flooring, "I cleaned it up when they said my roommate is coming today" Jimin said as he walked towards the bookshelf to dust a few of the books, he missed when cleaning earlier. "I hope you like it though" He then said as he placed the book back at it's place before glancing back at Taehyung, who has been mesmerizing the warm quilt of his bed as he continues to brush the cloth with the tip of his fingers. "Yeah, I like it" He whispered softly but loud enough for Jimin to hear. 'Well, I'll leave you for a moment" Jimin said and walked back to the door as he once again managed to let Teahyung's luggage fly in his room. Taehyung's head then has been lifted by the soft thuds of his bags hitting the floor, already seeing Jimin by the door with that charming smile "I'll see you at dinner. I also believe that the Guardians would like to meet you as well" Jimin said as he then received an unsure nod from Taehyung. Once they have exchanged their farewells, Jimin finally left Taehyung on his own in his new room. 

"Great" Taehyung sighed and plopped down on the mattress with his arms wide over the plush pillows. "The Guardians? Taehyung murmured as he repeated Jimin's words over and over in his head that says that the Guardians would like to meet him. 'Who exactly are the Guardians?' Taehyung thought to himself as he toss and turn over the newly fresh made bed, having a few small pillows fall off the mattress as he tries to visualize the said Guardians in his mind. He then finally sat up and blurted out a few of his thoughts if it's actually normal to meet the Guardians in this place, maybe a welcoming remark. Who knows, obviously not Taehyung. He's been having his head lean at the side as he think even deeper to reach that thought he's longing to keep hold onto to finally solve his little problem he made for himself. It was kinda ridiculous if you ask him but who are you to judge. He obviously just got here and still have no clue on what to do in this large campus but to control his abilities in a stable method.

"Okay."

Taehyung breathed out and instantly sat back up on the mattress with his legs dangling on the end of the bed as he then looked around the room, studying where the closets, drawers, coffee table, rugs and where he can actually put his small collection of stones or where he can fit his other books. Taehyung swayed his head sideways in thought to think it all over again but just ended his mind with a shrug of his shoulders to let the wind lead him or something and finally, he jumped off his bed to unpack his bags. 

When Taehyung had arranged the last collection of his books, he took a blanket that was hanged on the armchair close to the bookshelf to put it over his shoulders and hug himself tight to keep him cozy when the night had come as he took a few steps towards the large window in his room, admiring the moon lit up in the sky. "Dinner might start soon.." He mumbled while he still kept his eyes on the moving individuals around the campus, observing every one on the way they act or behave. Taehyung just doesn't want to be left out or to be known inexperienced with other people.  

"Taehyung?" A knock from the door resounded the room as Jimin called out to him. "Care to join me to the dining hall?" Jimin asked sweetly, waiting for the latter's reply behind the door. Taehyung turned around to listen at Jimin's words and cursed once he finished, he didn't realize it would be this soon. "Alright, I'll be there. Just a couple minutes!"

Taehyung hissed and stumbled on the floor on his way straight to the bathroom and take a quick shower. He wrapped a towel around his hips once he got out of the shower and face the mirror to look at himself one more time before going out and hell, his mind went haywire as he thought nonstop of all of the possibilities that may happen to him at the first night of his stay but immediately he shook his head because he seriously doesn't need to be all dramatic when a stranger outside is completely waiting for him so he decided to just rub his face in distress with a heavy sigh "This is nothing, Taehyung" He stated to himself confidently before leaving the bathroom and wore comfortable loose clothes like he usually does for a day. 

"Oh, finally. I thought you would never come out" Jimin took out a small joke that made him grin as Taehyung scratched the back of his neck in shame. 'Sorry" he mumbled and Jimin gave him a hard punch at the shoulder that instantly had Taehyung make a face of agony and grip his shoulder but covered it all with a smile to avoid the latter to question "Oh, it was nothing" Jimin said, not noticing anything but led both of them out the door. 

"I'm really excited for you to meet everyone" Jimin cheered as he clasped both of his hands together while they walk down on the stoned pathway to the dining hall, that is brightly lit up except its dark area thats surrounding it with a couple of students at the midst of the dark talking under the trees and some sat on the benches as they talk and pass dinner time without any interest of eating at all. Taehyung watched the others have a great time with their group of friends while Jimin continued to talk with Taehyung minimally giving him attention but Taehyung then stopped his tracks with eyes squinted at one direction in the dark when he saw a glipse of movement far back. "Hey, anything wrong?" Jimin asked who was a step forward. 

When Jimin thought he isn't getting an answer any sooner, he peeked over Taehyung's shoulder and a black figure began to sprint towards them. Taehyung eyes grew wide and ready to lift his hands to protect himself.

"Hobi!" Jimin suddenly shouted causing Taehyung to look back at his roommate and saw that he was looking at the same direction the black figure was and before Taehyung can turn to look at the creature, it abruptly pounced on him, letting Taehyung fall back on the ground with an awful pang. When Taehyung got back his focus from the fall, it was a black wolf on top of him, tongue out in pure glee with dark brown eyes staring back at him as it then his head at the side before anything can process, he heard Jimin shooing the creature off of him but the wolf just had to swipe his tongue over Taehyung's cheek "Oh god.." he muttered.

Jimin gasped and quickly swat the wolf's head, making it growl at the latter. "Oh, Sorry.... but you shouldn't do that!" Jimin was quite taken aback from the threat but he stomp a foot with his fists on his hips as he narrows his eyes at the animal. The wolf whined and got off Taehyung with Jimin holding him out a hand to put him back on his feet. "You alright?" Jimin said, concerned that had his hands roam all over Taehyung's body for damages and Taehyung quickly took a hold of his hands "Yea, don't worry about it" He said with a firm smile.

Taehyung then hummed and averted his eyes at the now behaved wolf beside Jimin "And who is this tough guy?" Taehyung cooed and bent over to pet the wolf before Taehyung can even admire it's features, bones started to crack and the head he was just holding earlier wasn't all hairy anymore but a face appeared, a human. "I'm Hoseok" He said cheekily and Taehyung was stunned obviously but took his hands off the now human. "Taehyung" He said with a small smile "A shapeshifter?

Hoseok nodded as he instantly turn into a guinea pig, owl, and then a cobra that is also black in color as it directly went up to Taehyung, gliding up around his middle but rather than fear; astonishment was seen in Taehyung's eyes as he lets the snake look at him in the eyes in a distance with it's body still around his figure and it took Hoseok off guard before turning back into a human. "Yes; a shapeshifter that can turn into any animal.." He spoke with eyes trailing over Taehyung's expression but the latter only nod with a smile creeping up on his lips, having Hoseok return it with a bright smile of his own.

"Also sorry about earlier. You were with Jimin so I thought it was fine to just do that because y'know. He's your friend and I'm his friend so I think it was a green light for us to be friends also" Hoseok blabbered out and was quite unsure of what he said as he shrugged at the end. 

At the side, Jimin only looked at him with a face, not knowing what his friend was talking about either. 

"Okay, let's just get-" Before Jimin could even finish his sentence; Taehyung held out his hand for Hoseok "Yea, let's be friends" With a wide smile "Great" Hoseok pushed Taehyung's hand aside to pull him in a hug instead. Once they pulled apart, Taehyung mentioned he was astoned to discover Hoseok's ability.

They both discussed their powers to one another as Jimin led them to the dining hall and it didn't bother Jimin at all, atleast he knows his bestfriend and his roommate is getting along now.

...

The three finally entered the dining hall, a very large room with its ceiling up high with gigantic chandeliers hanging on top, lighting the whole area as the students eat that is sitting side by side on wooden benches with their platters on very long tables that reaches the entrance up to the front of the hall. The room had very large windows that is almost the size of the bricked walls as it also occupied a bunch of paintings of people Taehyung isn't familiar with, some were young and some were very old at the pictures but they seemed like they held up a great reputation around the University. 

"We can sit here, Taehyung" Jimin called him out of his daze and when he turned his head, he saw both Jimin and Hoseok sitting down at the edge of the table in front of the hall with the entrance far out back. He then sat down beside his roommate, eyeing the different kinds of dishes laid out neatly on the large table having a comfortable distance across the wooden flat top to the random student infront of him. He then took a hold of his utensils to fill in his plate and the three began on eating with a smalll talk around the campus.

While they ate, Hoseok nudged Jimin's shoulder and pointed at a specific person that sat on another table across them with a grin and Taehyung, who was curious enough leaned slightly on his side to avoid unwanted heads blocking his view and saw another man with ash grey hair and has a lean frame as well that is also accompanied with a few friends but he wasn't interested on talking to them that much as they want to talk to him but he did gave little responses.

Not so long, the latter lifted his head up from his dinner and came in eye contact with Jimin and unexpectedly gave his roommate a genuine smile. A man that cold can barely hold a smile, Taehyung thought as he furrowed his eyebrows and turned to look at Jimin, who blushed madly and returned the smile as well with Hoseok sighing aloud "Love birds" The shapeshifter said and placed down his utensils on his empty plate. 

So, his roommate is already in a relationship. Taehyung nodded to himself and looked back at Jimin's significant other but then saw him stand up and talking to another guy, who is noticeably taller than Jimin's lover and has pure black hair that is parted at the side of his forhead and Taehyung couldn't just ignore those strong features, especially that sharp jaw of the muscular man and hell, was he staring?

"His name is Jungkook" Jimin spoke and Taehyung flinched by the sudden voice as he then look at his side to his roommate. "Who?" Taehyung had to ask as he leaned forward to catch Jimin's words again. "The guy you were staring at. His name is Jungkook" Hoseok spoke for the other and Taehyung had to furrow his eyebrow in doubt. 

Was these two messing with him.

Jimin giggled and waved his hand to excuse this subject for another matter "Guess it's time for you to meet the Guardians"

"Oh" Taehyung said that wasn't audible enough as he then sat back straight on his seat to put down his utensils on the plate. 

The Guardians.. he almost forgot about that meeting.

Taehyung took down a big lump in his throat to conceal his nervousness before nodding at Jimin to answer his statement that he is ready to let Jimin lead him to the said Guardians. 

"Great timing, indeed" Hoseok uttered and stood up in excitement with Jimin and Taehyung followed in suit. With no clue why Hoseok said about timings and how great it is when Taehyung surely knows to himself, nothing good is happening from what he sees but he had to brush that off to ask Jimin where they would go to meet these people. "The Guardians are usually in the tower that is built in the middle of the lake at the back of the main building of the University.. but I guess, you haven't seen it yet" Jimin spoke as they walk out of the still crowded dining hall. "But no worries, me and Hoseok will lead you there in a jiffy" 

The three walked down the path away from the dining hall and the students when Taehyung had noticed that the area grew very quiet as far as they get. The chatter and movement of random students was left behind them as Taehyung started to look at their surroundings which seemed to be darker but the moonlight still guided them in their way. Only a few lamp post stood at the side of the pavement as they walked back even deeper in the campus and Taehyung never realized that this University owned a very large property.

The area was quite dull but Taehyung caught eye on the garden with a white fountain in the center with neatly trimmed bushes around it in a circle with aesthetically pleasing flowers engrossed at the side of mutiple paths to the fountain as it also held arches that is filled generously with flowers but it only stood at the main pathway as an entrance to the garden which it more spacious than the others. 

They kept on walking and Taehyung also saw a large field with a track and training dummies at the side but the whole area is placed on earth that must get pretty dusty or muddy on it's days when it is active. That must be where he will be trained soon but who knows, his abilities doesn't quite suit well with this kind of environment. 

"Apologies if we couldn't tour you at the moment Taehyung.. You see it's pretty dark now" Jimin explained letting Taehyung put his attention to his roommate as he replied with a nod, understanding where the other is coming from. "Yes, of course" He said before putting his hands in the pockets of his hoodie infront to warm his hands from the chilly night.

"And... here we are" Hoseok said with arms raised directly at the tower ahead which was seperated by a long bridge that is cemented just above the waters with poles at its side to have a sturdy flooring. It had a great distance to the tower so Hoseok spoke again "Ride on me, both of you so we can get there immediately" As he finished, he turned into a brown horse and came to stand infront of Jimin and Taehyung giving them the permission to get on his back as a horse. 

"So kind of you, Hobi-ah" Jimin said as he gladly hop on the horse with Taehyung sitting behind him and as they settled on the horse, Hoseok began to dash to the tower in full speed with Jimin chuckling and Taehyung having a smile on his face as how enjoyable it was to feel the strong breeze meet their way with the smell of the fresh water around them and the moonlight just above them. 

Hoseok slowed down his tracks as they got closer. The large wooden two door met their gaze as Hoseok finally stopped and the other two got down off the horse. 

The three stood in front of the bricked tower with Hoseok back in his human form. Not much lit up the area rather than the torches that is attached on each side of the large door. "Guess.. let's get inside" Jimin spoke to cut the silence and decided to take the lead as he pushed the door open. 

It wasn't drastic or anything shocking but it was a bit furnished, nothing much took it overboard as it only came simple and cozy with a huge staircase in the middle at front. They took a few steps in the foyer with Hoseok and Jimin leading the way to the staircase while Taehyung took time admiring the pictures filling the wall, kind of the same faces he last saw in the dining hall. They walked on a lot of stairs as they finally made it on top with a large pair of doors meet their way which seems to be too big as it reaches the ceiling but it didn't matter when both Jimin and Hosok pushed it open and the ceiling was much higher with a hallway below and another door is seen at the other side. 

When they finally made it to the other door. Jimin softly knocked on the wooden surface and it suddenly open by itself, letting the room be revealed and it was slightly lit by the torches and candles scattered around the room. They stepped inside even further and large bookshelves occupied the walls with armchairs and small tables at its front. There was also a small staircase which only had around four steps and as they used it, there were about six figures waiting for them and it took Taehyung to gulp as all eyes was laid on him when he finally took a stop on the floor. 

"It's good to see you" the middle aged man was the first to take a step forward with a hand reached out for Taehyung to hold for a handshake with Taehyung gladly complying and said his name in return. "Yes, I've known. I heard a lot about you" He said as he took a step back to sit on the couch before he held his arm up to let Taehyung, Hoseok and Jimin to do the same with the long couch across the large coffee table that is set in the middle between them. When they sat down, the other five figures took a few seats for their own then Taehyung saw the familiar faces and realized that one of them is Jimin's boyfriend and the other is the man he was completely staring back at the dining hall. 

"It's nice knowing that you two thought of escorting him here" The man spoke again to both Jimin and Hoseok. Jimin raised his hand and shook it slightly with a soft smile "It's a pleasure to do so, Woohyuk-ssi" He said and that made the man jumped on his seat a little as he remembered that he hasn't introduced himself yet. "Oh pardon me" He spoke and slightly shifted as he makes himself properly seated at the edge of the couch. "I am Jang Woohyuk, one of the Guardians that keeps all of the supernaturals like you, to be safe and trained to use your powers for good intentions. I'm also not alone, Park Bom and Nam Jihyun are here to help you all to be secured. We are only three Guardians for now.. The others are now safe .. above" He said and leaned back comfortably on the couch. Taehyung moved his eyes to look at the female Guardians with which the lady named Bom smiled at him as her eyes turn into crescents while the other has her eyebrows furrowed, spectating Taehyung closely as she then spoke "Do I look familiar to you, Taehyung?" 

The other was taken aback from the statement but he shook his head instantly. "I'm sorry but no" Taehyung said and kept eye contact with Jihyun as curiosity already built itself inside Taehyung's mind but as he stared long enough, the lady smiled and gave him a quick nod "Well then, let me introduce you to our trusted students that may take our positions in the future" She said with a proud smile as she stretched her arm to show the other three.

"Let me be the first to introduce" The tallest one said as he stood up straight "I am Kim Namjoon. I have the ability to read people's minds or even .. control them through there" He said and the man beside him followed which looks like Jimin's lover "I'm Min Yoongi. Earth Manipulation" He spoke still hasn't moved from his seat and then at the far left, there stood the black haired latter "Jeon Jungkook. I control fire" He bowed his head slightly towards Taehyung in respect before Woohyuk speaking again.

"Ah, yes. Fire. Can be the opposite of yours Taehyung.. nonetheless Jihyun's ability as water manipulation but yours is still powerful. Don't you think?" 

Taehyung gulped when he finally picked up that he is surrounded of several powerful humans but he soon nod as an answer for Woohyuk and let his anxiousness set aside for a meantime. "No need to be afraid, Taehyung. We are here to help" Namjoon suddenly spoke and that caused a tick of the tongue against the roof of the mouth from Bom as she also shook her head. "Namjoon, you shouldn't be getting in someone's mind without their consent" She stated in disappointment.

"My apologies" He said without another word as he let out a heavy sigh before sitting back down. 

There was silence after that but Woohyuk quickly spoke to cut the tensed aura around the tower. "As I have said, Taehyung. Your powers is the opposite of Jungkook's and we have discussed this awhile ago when you arrived and that came to us that you have ice manipulation. We then thought of letting Jungkook mentor you since fire is your biggest weakness, it may bring your abilities to perform at it's best when knowing it is trained with a difficult opponent"

It's honestly a great idea, Taehyung thought. He may know how to control his powers sooner if that so. He kept on nodding on each word as he listened very carefully to Woohyuk and it only pleased him more when he thought of wasting most of his time with a very attractive person around this campus. Also hoping Namjoon wasn't creeping in his mind to know that personal information and let himself get exposed to Jungkook already but he shrugged it off soon enough, it's unlikely a big deal anyways.

"That's very clever, Woohyuk-ssi. I do agree with that" Taehyung finally confirmed as a few smiling faces lit up. "Fantastic. Let's start tomorrow morning. Jungkook will be at your doorstep and guide you from there on.. Taehyung, we all know you have a good potential to be one of us in the future. We are here and called you to not miss such an opportunity. I hope you'll do well" 

That was a lot to take in for Taehyung but luckily all processed that Woohyuk said a bunch of good things so that's basically a relief and that he doesn't have to hold his breath any longer anymore. 

Except when understanding that he might be one of them soon sounds like a challenge. He should focus and be serious with his training tomorrow then. 

Taehyung looked up at his trainer, meeting those dark eyes which seemed too serious lingering at his as if he wasn't moving a single muscle and felt like his whole soul was eaten right there and then of how deeply he was staring into his own but soon Jungkook gave him a nod. 

"We should get going" Jimin said as he stood up and brushed the front of his thighs before standing back up straight. "Yes, of course. It's already getting late" Woohyuk replied as he stood up as well. Both Taehyung and Hoseok followed in suit then bowed at the Guardians as farewells. 

"Namjoon, can you them out?" Bom spoke and the latter quickly complied "Wouldn't be a problem" he said and took lead in front of the three.

When all of then were far enough from the others Hoseok asked a few questions at Namjoon if anything interesting happened around the campus or in his personal life and there Taehyung noticed the two were very close to one another. "Jungkook burned one whole bookshelf at the back yesterday and his excuse was for not finding the right book? I don't know" Namjoon said and finished it with a shrug that followed laughter from Hoseok and Jimin. Taehyung bit his lower lip to conceal his smile because somehow it came very cute to him that his questionably attractive mentor had issues. 

"Hey" a sudden figure came into view infront of them that is also panting heavily with a stack of books in hand but successfully still putting out a smile "Leaving already? I'm Seokjin by the way" the man said and took out his hand for a shake which Taehyung complied "Taehyung"

"Babe, you haven't finished cleaning up?" Namjoon spoke when their hands untangled and from the nickname, Taehyung felt like he was the only single person around here but yet again, it didn't really matter. Seokjin then took out an exaggerated huff and rolled his eyes "Of course, that bookshelf is huge" He said, emphasizing the word 'huge' and by bookshelf, he must be cleaning Jungkook's mess. "I got it anyways" Seokjin said with a grin "but also good luck for tomorrow" he continued and patted Taehyung's shoulder "I'll get going" he said and left by walking right through the wall which left his jaw drop. 

"Intangibility" Namjoon said and that basically explains how Seokjin can easily walk through that wall. "Interesting" Taehyung mumbled and his lips closed as they then continued to exit the tower. 

They then stood outside in front of the main entrance, saying their farewells to one another. "Hope we'll meet again soon" Namjoon said with a smile across his face. "Of course, we'll come over if ever we have time" Jimin spoke "As usual" he finished with a grin, letting Namjoon smile from that statement. "Have a good night then" and Hoseok stepped close to pet Namjoon's shoulder "You too, Joon-ah" He said before Taehyung bowing down his head and spoke "Thank you for tonight" 

"Just do well tomorrow" Namjoon advised as Taehyung nodded and gave him an assured smile "I will"