end.

never forget you (from the day i met you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina didn’t feel nervous.

It was her set day for the entrance exam into Gakuin Performing Art. She knew she could place in the top three -- no, the first spot -- easily and without any trouble. She knew that the girls surrounding her knew that too. She could tell by the way they all looked at her without trying to seem like they actually were; the way they quietly murmured and whispered as if desperately making sure she couldn’t hear.

There were eleven, maybe more, other girls in the practice room with her. The floors were pristine and the panel of spotlessly clean windows filtered in a bright, warm sunlight. The space provided was wide and open.

Gakuin Performing Arts really was the best of the best. The best campus, the best resources, the best teachers, the best stage plays.

There was a panel of exam proctors, each holding a clipboard. Mina caught a couple of them sneaking glances over at her.

Yes, the theater prodigy was here. Yes, she would take the top place of the dozens and dozens -- perhaps even hundreds -- of students applying for a precious spot on the 99th class’s roster. She would take it easily and effortlessly, as if it had always belonged to her, as if it had her name written on it since she was born fifteen years ago.

“Alright, we’re ready to begin preparations.” One of the proctors approached the group of girls, “Find a partner to stretch with and we’ll start the auditions in ten.”

It was Mina’s least favorite thing ever: finding a stretching partner. She watched, silent and unmoving as the flock of girls around her each found a partner to cling to. No one was going towards her. No one would even look at her. Her hands curled into fists at her side. Mina looked down at the floor.

“Myoui Mina, correct?” A lofty, slightly accented voice spoke, “Will you stretch with me?”

Mina looked up. A hand was outstretched towards her; a beautiful hand, with lean and long fingers. Her eyes continued to travel upwards until it landed on a confident face, framed by long and wavy brown hair. Mina stared at the girl, slightly stunned. She was pretty. Way prettier than anyone else in the room. The prettiest of girls that Mina had seen in a very long time.

“Well?” The girl asked, cocking her head to the side. Her voice betrayed impatience, but her expression barely budged. Her eyes still held a piercing gaze, staring directly at Mina. No one usually dared to look at her so forwardly.

Mina smiled, before nodding, “Sure.” A pause, “What’s your name?”

“Chou Tzuyu.” The girl responded. “Remember it. It will be the first place name on the list of admitted students this coming spring.”

“Hmm,” Mina responded, “Okay. We will see.”

“That’s it?” Tzuyu asked, arching an eyebrow, “Just ‘okay’?”

Mina blinked, confused. “What else am I supposed to say?” She asked.

“Well, you’re the genius prodigy aren’t you? You’re not going to relinquish your first place spot that easily.”

“Of course, I’m not.” Mina laughed, “But if you say you are going to be first place, I have no right to not believe you.” She settled on the floor, extending her legs in front of her in a stretch, “You will simply have to do better than me, Chou Tzuyu.”

“Is that a challenge?” Tzuyu asked, settling down beside her, “Because I’ll take you on.”

“I’m not sure,” Mina replied bluntly, “I have never needed to challenge anyone before.”

Tzuyu frowned, clearly annoyed. Mina felt a smile tug at her lips. This girl was cute.

“But you are correct,” Mina spoke, pausing in her stretching exercise to look at her partner directly, “I will remember you.” A pause, “You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.”

Tzuyu suddenly exploded into a fit of coughs. She wheezed for breath, knocking against her chest with her fist as she regained her composure. Her fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter