Yin and Yang

interconnected.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She felt a tingle on the back of her right palm, surprised by the sensation, she knew she had to check what would be written there tonight.

“I lost my airpods, should I buy a new one?”

It seems like her soul mate had lost his airpods, poor him…or her since she didn’t really know who or what gender is her soulmate.

It had been exactly 2 years since the first time she’d been receiving random sentences from her soulmate. Apparently, when you turn the age of eighteen you’ll start receiving random sentences your soulmate has said that day on the back of your palm. At first, she didn’t really believe the stories from her parents and brother but when she received the first random sentence, it was surreal and up until now she still wasn’t used to it.

She find it weird actually; every night she would receive random sentences but not a single one gave her a clue on who’s her soulmate yet. She didn’t even know if they’re from the same country, so basically she knew nothing about her soulmate.

Anyways, she didn’t have time to worry about it since university is giving her total stress and all she wanted right now is to survive all of her subjects and graduate as soon as possible.

——

“Excuse me, coming through…Excuse m-e" she was pushing her way through the sea of students flooding the hallway.

It was the only way to the study hall where her class is and she’s already 30 minutes late.

"Damn why did I overslept agai—whoops—” she was mumbling to herself and ended up on her bottom as she collided on a sturdy thing, someone rather.

Panicking, she stood up muttering a sorry and bowed an apology to the person she bumped into as she dashed away.

Finally, she managed to arrive at the study hall and she was bewildered at what greeted her.

The study hall was empty, not even a single soul inside.

She sighed, fishing her phone from her pocket as she checks the date today.

It was a Thursday and she doesn’t have classes on the said day. She automatically ruffled her hair in annoyance.

“I’m so stupid” she mumbles.

Closing the door of the study hall, she called one of her friends. It took a while for them to answer though but after a good 3 minutes they did.

“What do you need?” the person on the other end of the call asked, sleep evident in his voice.

“I came to class on a Thursday” She answered with a deep sigh.

“Oh? You woke me up to say that?"  He complained.

"I don’t have classes on Thursdays, remember?" 

"You overslept again, panicked, rushed to class but it’s a Thursday and you don’t have classes so you found the study hall empty. Great! You really are dumb." He said in one go.

"Thanks for making me feel a lot more worse; what a great friend you are" She sarcastically said.

His laugh can be heard and she can only roll her eyes at him.

"Come on, cheer up, let me just put some clothes on and I’ll treat you to a nice cup of coffee, okay?” he says.

“Yeah” she said and hangs up the call, not even letting him say another word.

Walking her way to the café where she works part time, she felt her shoulders slump. She’s still feeling bad about oversleeping and also the fact that she’s feeling a lot more tired than usual. Being a working student was taking a great toll on her.

Speaking of close friends, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul or Ten just like how he wanted to be called was actually a senior of hers who’s majoring in dance. She met him through a mutual friend, Johnny and unfortunately, they’ll be sharing a Chinese class this semester. Ten was a social bee and was friendly to everyone but was extra friendly with her because according to him they simply share the same interests but that still made her think otherwise because they’re nothing alike.

“Psst, Pink head here!” Ten called.

It hasn’t been that long since she sported a rusty pink hair but Ten’s already making fun of it.

“You haven’t taken a shower” She said, scrunching up her nose.

“Ya! I still smell nice though” he counters.

She reached for a cup on the table; the one with her nickname scribbled on it while the other had handsome10 written, to which she rolled her eyes at.

“You look extra ugly today, pink head” he said.

She almost spit her coffee but thought of a counter. “You might as well go to the doctors to get your eyes checked”

Ten chuckled. “Seriously though you don’t look nice”

“I’m not in the mood to joke with you en” She glared at him.

Ten immediately straighten up, looking at her with a serious expression. “Okay hands down. I’m serious; you look so tired and pale. Are you even eating properly?”

“She had been skipping lunch!” Taeyong, her co-worker who was behind the counter butts in the conversation.

She sighed. “Ya I didn’t! I’m okay and yes I’m eating properly” 

“Are you sure?” Ten asked, trying to look straight at her to see if she’s lying or not.

“Yeah I’m sure”

Ten didn’t buy it but he trusts her anyway. “Just promise you’re going to tell me if something’s wrong okay?”

“Okay?” She says, asked rather.

“I’m older so you can depend on me” he proudly says.

She rolled her eyes. “Shut up en, you’re only a year older than me”

“Still older than you though” He counters.

“Hey Tae, is it okay if I take over Jaehyun’s shift today too?” She asked Taeyong, ignoring Ten who pouted in return.

“Yeah, I think he would love that, he’s busy with his research paper anyways” Taeyong answers, tossing her the staff room keycard.

“Don’t you have classes today?” she turned to Ten.

“Oh yeah I almost forgot, I have ballet” he stood up, taking a hold of his cup of coffee.

“I thought so” she sighed.

“I’ll be going first okay? Text me!” Ten waved goodbye to her.

——

She immediately went home after her shift at the café. She forgot she needed to finish a plate due on Saturday so she needed all the time she could get to finish it on time.

As she dumps her drawing tools at her table, she felt a tingle on the back of her palm.

“I wanted to try Oolong Milk Tea.”

Oh so her soulmate is into milk tea when she actually prefers coffee.

She was about to go back to focusing on her plate when she noticed something on her wrist.

There she saw a small mark of a Yin; she couldn’t believe it and initially reached out to wipe it but it’s still there, scribbled in black ink.

to: shi10

h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter