Year Four: The First Task

Protego Totalum

Yewon woke up with a gasp an in an unknown room. She assumed that it was either a large storage room or an abandoned classroom. Or maybe the sewers under the school? 

”Uh...hello..?”

”Damnit...the spell was cast incorrectly..”

”Professor...Hwa-“

”Shhh! Listen to me you little girl.”

The man said to the girl who was tied up on a chair as he got in a bit closer. His wand in one hand, pointing towards her chest.

”I have a favor to ask of you.”

”What? No! Get me out of here!”

”Shut up or I’ll cast the crucio curse right now. On you.”

Yewon immediately let her struggles go and looked at the man with a scared look. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

”Stand still.”

”What? What are you doing?”

”What did I just say?!”

”I don’t care! Get me out of here!!”

”Imperio!”

He pointed his wand towards her head and soon Yewon stopped struggling. A sort of lightness, an indescribable feeling of euphoria filling her head. She felt all of her worries and anxieties go away. Just like that.

”Gosh finally...you really are a tough cookie, you know that?”

Yewon stayed silent as she looked at him. A blank stare. He smiled and patted the side of her neck gently.

”I need your help. You’re gonna act like none of this happened whenever I’m not around or whenever you’re around your friends okay? You’re going to act completely like your past self. Say yes if you understand.”

”Yes..”

”Good. But I have some questions to ask you and I have some things for you to do and information you have to bring back for me okay?”

”I understand..”

”Great! Now...I need you to tell me what Hwang Eunbi knows about me and what you know about me.”

*A/N: imperio “the mind control curse”

******

”There you are! We’ve been looking everywhere for you! Come on, SinB’s worried sick!”

Eunbi said and held her hand out for Yewon to hold. The younger girl said nothing and held her hand gently as they walked towards slytherin tower. 

“Hey...are you okay? You look like you’re sick..”

”No I’m...I’m alright..”

”Is it because of the first task? Gosh, Yewon, SinB’s gonna be fine! If anything she’ll thrive! That girl’s got some guts.”

”Yeah I...I think you’re right..”

”See! Nothing to worry about! I think you need a SinB hug, yeah...that’s exactly what you need right now.”

They eventually found SinB roaming around the slytherin section of the castle and SinB immediately engulfed Yewon in a tight hug.

”Where were you? Are you hurt? Are you alright? Yewon? Baby, are you okay?”

”Yeah I’m fine I...I just think I need to sit down or rest for a second...like I feel fine it’s just...that I don’t really remember what happened..”

”What do you mean? Did someone do something to you?”

”No! I’m fine! I really am!”

Yewon said as she slightly pushed SinB away. Her voice raising just a slight bit. Eunbi and SinB were quite surprised. She was usually very happy, rarely ever raising her voice.

”Baby?”

SinB held the side of Yewon’s face but she looked away, much to SinB’s concern. 

 

“Remember to act like your normal self. Like none of this happened.”

 

Yewon sighed and looked down as she closed her eyes. SinB didn’t know what to say or do and it was scaring her that Yewon was acting this way.

”I just ran into a really disrespectful Mahoutokoro student...kinda pissed...but like I’m fine. Have a headache but I’m fine.”

Yewon said softly and finished it off with a small smile. She hugged SinB and the older girl sighed as she was worried something worse happened. Something involving Hwang.

But something did happen.

******

“Welcome everyone to the tri wizard tournament!!”

The crowd roared with thunderous applause and cheers in an makeshift yet large arena built in the forbidden forest to house the first task.

”Please give a warm Hogwarts applause for our friends from the west, Illvermorny!!”

The audience responded enthusiastically and said school was cheering right back to show they’re school spirit. These cheers were heard inside a small tent by one of the entrances of the arena. Inside were the three champions, huddled around one of the officials of the tournament.

”Inside, we have three different dragons to choose from. Either one you pick, you have to collect their golden egg. Without it, you’re disqualified since it is a hint for the next task. Now, go on.”

Kim Taehyung, from Illvermorny, stuck his hand in first. When he brought it back, in his palm resided a small scaly creature. Metallic gray in color with red, sharp eyes.

”Ahh a Ukrainian Ironbelly! Be careful with this one...this one right here can grow to be huge! Alright, next.”

Minatozaki Sana, from Mahoutokoto, chose one next. Bringing out a smooth scaled, copper colored dragon with black markings. The official bit his lip and looked back at the Japanese student.

”Don’t get bit by this one please. It’s a Peruvian Vipertooth...very venomous. Now, you. Good old Hwang Eunbi.”

SinB gulped as she took out the last dragon. In her hand rested a black colored lizard like dragon with yellow eyes. The official whimpered a but and looked at her with immense worry.

”Dear oh dear...that’s a Hungarian Horntail...why did you kids get the hardest ones? Eunbi, that’s the dragon Harry Potter fought..”

SinB gulped as she know recognized this dragon. The most dangerous and deadly of all the dragons. 

“Well, put them back. I know that you students must be really tough to be put against these creatures so I believe in you! Good luck!”

He left with the bag in his hand and they all looked at each other with frightened faces. Soon the arena went silent and the first champion was called out.

”Kim Taehyung of Illvermorny! Please step out as our first champion!”

Taehyung sighed and jumped out of his seat he gripped his wand tightly. He huffed and left the tent, the arena erupted with cheers and then gasps as the dragon was let loose. SinB couldn’t see as she didn’t want to really but she could tell from the volume of its roars, this beast was absolutely massive.

******

”Minatozaki Sana of Mahoutokoro! Please come forth as our second champion!”

SinB gave her a thumbs up and she smiled back at her. She ran her hand through her hair and left the tent hesitantly. She heard the screeching of the dragon and felt herself get a bit scared. 

“Stop that...you’re gonna be fine...just remember what charms and spells you’re supposed to use for dragons...wait...the eyes..”

SinB had an epiphany. Dragons had strong bodies but their weak point was they’re eyes. If she could use some spell to irritate its eyes and get it to leave its eggs, she could grab it then and there.

”Alright...got it.”

******

”Hwang Eunbi of Hogwarts! Our last champion, step out!”

SinB bounced a bit, trying to physic herself up and get her ready. After a second she ran out and immediately looked towards the Hogwarts section. Looking for Yewon. She saw her with a flag, waving it around with a giant smile. The rest of the girls around her, screaming their heads off. That was the boost she needed to get the job done.

“Here is her combatant, the Hungarian Horntail!”

The dragon was let loose and SinB huffed, gripping her wand at her side. She closed her eyes for a bit and began to sneak around the arena. Assessing the situation and what she had to work with, planning out what she could do. She went for the stealthy route to minimize the dragon’s movements.

She hid behind rocks, slid off of hills and hiding behind ridges. The dragon could smell her, it constantly looked around yet kept in the vicinity of the golden eggs. SinB finally got impatient.

And just went for it.

SinB sprinted towards the back of the dragon, as close as she could get to it. The cheers getting louder and louder. As she was about to approach its torso, the dragon caught sight of her and let out a piercing roar. Next thing she knew, it was breathing out fire. Luckily she pressed herself against its leg just in time.

”Come on!”

SinB yelled and began to scale the creature. Getting as close as she can to the eyes while trying to not get tossed off. She was at its neck, holding onto the ridges on there. She yelled out as she was forcing herself to her limits. She finally reached its head.

”Alright, baby, open your eyes for me will you?”

The dragon roared violently and bounced around, flapping its wings, shooting out fire. Yet SinB still held on. As tight as she could.

”Come on you!!”

SinB finally managed to grab it by the horns and held out her wand as she screamed the incantation. The dragon was immediately screeching at the spell and began to thrash violently. SinB could see it was about to step onto the eggs and panicked. She yanked the dragon’s horns back. Making it move back, away from the eggs. She repeated this until the dragon had enough and began to flap its wings to begin to fly but SinB was quick.

She slid down its neck and tried to get down as soon as she could. Yet the wing still snagged onto SinB and as it was moved, it threw SinB off and to the floor. She groaned in pain but dragged herself off her feet before the dragon noticed.

”ing !!”

She could feel something was wrong, something was cut and bleeding and sore. She disappeared into the rocks and everyone thought she was done for. The drop had been too much for her. Eunbi screamed out with tears in her eyes.

”HWANG EUNBI PLEASE GET UP!!”

Then suddenly she popped out of the rock, a golden egg in her hand. The crowd cheered frantically as she quickly sprinted to safety. The dragon chasing behind her as she did. She jumped as she felt fire at her feet but by then she was already to safety.

She had completed the first task successfully.

 

 

______

A/N: I took the pottermore house test again to see where I’d be and for the longest time I’d been Hufflepuff so to see me put in Gryffindor???? Was such a surprise??? MY LIFE IS A LIE???