Episode Six

Episodes of Us

Days have passed and the three of us alternately stayed with Mina in the hospital. I tried bringing Jihyo with me but Momo was very protective she won't let her stay close in Mina's room. Momo warned her she'll lose the Student Regent position if she show herself again - because of that Jihyo decided to stay out of J-Lines sight.

I appreciate Momo's intense care for Mina but sometimes it's getting out of hand while Sana had been answering one calls to another. She had been explaining that Mina is fine here in Korea and Japanese stock holders have nothing to worry about. They kept Mina's situation very confidential.

Meanwhile, I attended my classes like they were just a passing time. My daily route would be home - hospital - school - hospital - home. I don't want to miss a chance to be with Mina and I want to be there the moment she wakes up even though Momo had been burrying me with sarcasm and unnecessary remarks everyday.

"How old are you?" Momo asked when it's our turn to look after Mina.

"23. Why do you ask?"

"You look old."

"That's because I am older than you. You should call me Nayeon-eonnie."

She stopped typing on her laptop and looked at me like I am some sort of specimen.

"Halmeoni." She said and went back typing.

Did she just call me a Grandma?!

I wanted to throw the book I'm reading at her face but I held my self, afterall, she's Mina's bestfriend and I have to appeal to her so she'll approve of me. So instead of rolling eyes, I gave her my sweetest smile.

"You look creepy." She closed her laptop and motioned to get out.

"Where are you going?" I asked her before she close the door.

"I'll report you to the Psychiatric ward because you're weird." She smirked before turning her back. I throw my book to her direction but it only hit the wooden door that she closed.

That witch!

"She should be thankful I like you or else I have already stranggled your bestfriend." I talked to Mina who's still in deep sleep. I went closer to her. "Hey, stay strong in there. You still owe me a date, remember?" I kissed her forehead and placed my cheeks next to hers. 

Atleast she's warm now.

"I never allowed you to do dirty things on my best friend." Momo went in unannounced. I jerked off from bed and stepped away from Mina. 

"I- I wasn't doing anything. I was- I was just.." I tried to explain but words won't come out.

"Save it. I don't want to hear your useless explanation." She sat back to where she was sitting earlier and opened her laptop.

"Uhm, don't we have a donor yet? I mean kidney wasn't that hard to find, right?" I asked. Momo was the one processing Mina's request and it worries me because it has been days already. Mina needs a new kidney as soon as possible.

"Kidney we have a lot but the one that matches Mina, we don't." She answered still looking at her laptop.

"I read somewhere that it should be a family member because there's a high possibility of a match."

"Her mother is missing, her father is in comma and her brother is under therapy for drug addiction. Tell me which kidney are we going to get - the one we cannot find, the one which is almost dying, or the one which is already rotten because of over drug dosage?"

I was dumbfounded. Did she just list Mina's family members to me? Is that what kind of family she has? I felt sad all of a sudden. Mina is so rich but she's so lacking things which money can't buy.

"Don't you ever let her notice you pity her. She'll feel insulted. And incase you can't see, I'm working for our request. So just sit down and our kidney will come in time." Momo went back working and the room was covered with silence.

"I like her." I said out of a sudden. "I mean, I used to really hate her but I ended up liking her instead, funny how the heart works." A smile escaped my lips.

"I don't care. She'll never be yours." Momo countered without looking at me.

"Why do you always say that? Do you like Mina for yourself? I thought you like Sana? Did I thought it wrong?" I asked in a series.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, I love her yes because she's my best friend but the reason I'm here in Korea is to make sure that the 7,000 families working under Myoui Empire in Japan will still have an heiress otherwise they will lose their jobs once the new Mrs. Myoui sell the company. So if you think you can have her? No, she's chained and owned by Myoui Empire." 

"So it's me against those 7,000 families? But it's not like I'm taking Mina away from them." 

"You really don't know Mina well and here you are saying you like her."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean Mina is very goal orriented. If she wants to save those 7,000 families then she'll do anything to be Myoui empire's heiress but if she chooses you, she'll let go everything including the empire just to have you. So it's either you or the empire."

"I won't make her choose. Mina can love whoever she wants without losing the empire."

"A corporate lady-heir of a famous company having relationship with another girl. That would be the headline on the news and how long do you think Mina will stay on top before the board file a request to decommission her just save the company's image?"

I got stuck in deep thought. 

"You maybe right, but as you said it, Mina does not mean what she says. I'm not even sure if she likes me or not." 

Momo leaned her back on the chair and crossed her arms while looking at me. It seemed she wanted to say something but couldn't.

"Cat got your tongue?" I asked.

She sighed and went back working on her laptop. 

Weird

I stood up and went to Mina's bed. 

"Don't come near her!" Momo warned.

I stomped my feet and went back to my seat. "If only the witch isn't here, I'll have Mina for myself, why does Sana has to team me up with her."

"I can hear you, Halmeoni." 

"It was meant for you to hear." Ugh, she's getting on my nerves. 

Mina please wake up already..

"We got a problem!" Sana barged in the room panicking. "They're coming."

They..

"What?" Momo stood up and thrown all her stuff on her bag. "Nayeon, don't just stand there, take off all those things from Mina."

What? I wasn't able to move, I'm dazed by the tension I am seeing on the two ladies. Momo fixing the room and Sana busy talking to somebody over the phone. She seemed rushing. She then hang up and went to take off Mina's apparatus. 

"Hey, what are you doing?!" I stopped her.

"We need to bring her back to the house. They can't know she's sick." Sana continued.

Mina coughed when her oxygen was taken off and she opened her eyes. I was so happy, I rushed to her.

"W-what's hap-p-pening?" Mina asked in a very weak manner. 

"They're coming, Mina." Momo announced. She's already carrying two bags on her back and she's carrying her suitcase in her hand. "Get up, we're leaving." Momo opened the door and checked if there's someone suspicious outside. "Clear, let's go." 

Mina didn't say a word, she forced herself to get up but couldn't. Sana and I had to help her stand. I put her arm around my neck so  I can carry her weight while she walk beside me. Momo lead us to the a long pathway and we went to a separate exit. Sana walked behind to make sure no one is following us. 

"Remind me again why are we doing this?" I asked Mina who's grunting in pain while pressing her side. 

She looked at me and she gave me a crooked smile.

"They want me. If they know I'm in the hospital, they'll surely use it against me." She tried to explain, "An heiress who's physically incapable cannot inherit the company and who do you think it will go to? Surely not to my brother, but to my step mother. So I should be at the house when they arrive and I should look like I'm having the best time of my life." 

"But you look horrible right now." I retorted.

"Oh yeah? So you don't like me now, Im?" Mina asked still groaning.

I didn't answer her. 

"Silence means yes." She commented.

I sighed, "I don't like you now. I like you better when you're on your usual self not this weak Mina I am seeing right now." I held her waist tighter because she's about to fall, her arm around my neck is loosing grip as well. "Can you really pull that act later? They might catch you being sick."

She smiled. "You don't have an idea how good I act, Im." 

Atlast, we reached the Mina's car. Good thing it's already dark and not so many people are around. I wonder how the doctors would react once they've found out that one patient broke out.

"I'M DRIVING." Momo eyed me before she went into the driver's seat, I mentally rolled my eyes on her. Mina and I positioned ourselves at the backseat and  Sana went to the front seat.

"My side is killing me." Mina groaned while leaning on my shoulder.

"It's your kidney talking." Momo glanced at her by the rearside mirror. "But we'll soon find a donor and you'll be fine." She assured her 

"Mina..." Sana peaked her head to us, "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that-"

"No need to apologize, Sana." Mina said softly, "You're just a victim just like me, they're both using us for their own gain. So rest your mind now, we still have a war coming. Where are they anyway?"

Sana sat back properly and put out her phone. Is she tracking them?

"They just landed. Àre you going to be okay? Now that I know they're giving you poison as medicines, I have no idea what cure to give you. I have always been dependent to Dr. Aikawa's orders."

"We'll never know the antidote unless we know what the poison is." Momo answered.

"I know someone!" I chirped. "She can help us identify the poison and with her knowledge, she may be able to come up with an antidote." The three looked like they're interested. "She escaped from Taiwan because they plan to send her for a space medical experiment and-"

"Please don't tell me you're talking about Taiwan's medical prodigy." Mina interrupted. 

My eyes widen, "You already know?"

"Well, all elites have heard of Taiwan's medical prodigy who went missing after boycotting a space mission. No one knows where he is right now." Sana showed me her phone and the news she searched about. "And he's a guy, a young guy, only at 19-20 yrs old I guess? But there's no single photo of him that was published."

"No! You may not believe this but Taiwan's prodigy is a girl and she's here in Korea- more specifically, she's studying in our school. She made up a cover name which Chou Tzuyu." I revealed the secret. I know I promised to keep the young girl's identity hidden but desperate time calls for a desperate measure, beside I know she'll understand the situation.

But the three just looked at me like I'm sort of an entertainment. 

"You're crazy." Momo whispered and went back focusing on the road.

"That'll pass as a good plot-twist." Sana clapped.

Mina also covered to suppress her laughter.

"Hey, I'm telling the truth!" I insisted. "Do you want me to call her now? I can do that." I took out my phone to dial Tzuyu's number but Mina stopped my hand.

 

"Save the effort, I believe you already." I doubt that! She've just said that so I won't feel bad. But she held my hand and brought it closer to her lips. She placed a gentle kiss. "Now shut up and stay still." She snuggled closer to me, her face burried in the side of my neck. 

This..

This is why my heart can't rest. Mina being soft is my downfall. 

It's dark inside the car but from my position, I can see Sana and Momo throwing glances at me, then looked at each other and back at me. They didn't say a word but Momo sighed and Sana shook her head. I just didn't mind them.

 

We stayed that way for few minutes, but when we reached a rural side of the town, I held Mina's head closer to me because the road became bumpy and her head is lightly bouncing.

"Do you have any idea how you make me forget things when you're holding me close like this?" Mina whispered and I felt all the hair in my body stood up. Her lips were touching lightly to my skin and whenever she speaks, her breathing had sent shiver deep down in my core.

 

"I-I t-thought you're sleeping." I stuttered.

"I slept for days already. What made you think I'm sleepy. Hmmm?" She sniffed my neck which sent tickles.

"Did you miss me? Did you worry too much? Were you scared?" She asked, her tone was very comforting. I miss this sweet side of her. "How have you been?"

"I-a-aghh-" I can't respond because she have been placing quick bites on my neck in between her words. All I can ever do is endure the sweet torture she was giving me and stifle the moans I'm about to let out. I panicked when her hand parted my legs and started to move from my knees, caressing up to my thigh, and it went under my skirt. "Ahh-Mina, d-don't.. s-stop." I grabbed her hand and pulled it out of my skirt.

 

"Don't stop?" I can feel her smile from the side of my neck.

 

"No. Stop it." I hissed lowly. Thankfully, her hand stopped but I almost lost my sanity when she started my neck. I'm confident the two ladies in the front cannot see what Mina is doing but I'm not confident that I can still hold it any longer.

 

"Let me touch you, Nayeonie." Mina's whisper was deep and husky. "Let me feel you.." My eyes widen after realizing what she meant, her hand was already back under my skirt and  lines and figures outside my underwear. I can't hold it anymore..

 

God, I want her... so bad.

 

But now is not the right time.

 

"Are we almost there?!" I blurted out of the blue causing Momo to step on the breaks. Mina retreated her hand right away before Sana can turn her head on us. Mina pretended she just woke up.

 

"Oh my god, Nayeon you shocked me!" Sana was clutching her chest and her eyes are wide in shock.

 

"I'm sorry. It was a bit loud." I bit my lips in embarassment.

 

"You can cause accidents, do you know that?" Momo reprimanded me while she's glancing at the rear view mirror. I mouthed sorry to her.

"We're already near the house. Why, you can't wait?" Mina asked , but I understood the double meaning that lies between her words. Her smirk and her eyes says she can't wait either.

 

"We'll reach the house when we reach the damn house. Chill." The raven haired girl was annoyed but she stepped on the gas nevertheless.

 

Chill...

 

Tell me how to do that when I'm practically sitting beside the devil...

 

And she's ing hot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

[♤]

》When I said moments, I meant this ☝ lol

》I know you guys/girls are sweet and nice, you'll forgive all my typo errors and grammar lapses

》You've basically read what's inside my mind right now. It's your turn to comment your thoughts. I'm reading.. 

》》Currently cooking the next update