a delightful morning

A Delightful Morning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The beach waves could be heard from the open window as two figures lay sound asleep in their bed – but not for long.

The light shone through the oval window, lying on the floor like sweet honey. Thin rays filtered through Seulgi’s thin eyelids, rousing her from slumber. Waves of brightness cast squares onto the glossy stone floor, reflecting onto several objects in the room which decorated its otherwise simplicity. She blinked a few times, in an attempt to adjust to the illumination directed right at her defenceless body. A lazy breeze swept into the room, grazing across her arms and causing goosebumps to rise on the surface.

Seulgi could feel the numbness of her right arm. She glanced down at the bundle of hair on her arm; the figure had used her arm as a pillow while her face was hidden in Seulgi’s neck. A fond smile grew the longer she peered at the tresses of raven hair. She longed for a camera, so she could remember this image in years to come.

She cannot resist taking a peek down at their intertwined bodies, just to make sure that they were truly there together and that this wasn’t just another dream. Her legs were tangled up with Joohyun’s and her other arm was protectively clutching her waist. Seemingly, they had both gravitated closer towards each other during the night.

She knows how special this moment is: Joohyun is here finally to share this sanctuary with her, lying in her arms – where she belongs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter