(_|_)

Behind Closed Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She had heard so many stories regarding her relationship with the chief executive of her company. The topic comes out naturally during lunch break or after meeting discussions and such. Although there were no signs of them being romantically involved with one another, workers still believed they are an item somehow. But then again, not all could see it as some stated that the said duo are wholeheartedly dedicating themselves with their work.

 

She doesn’t blame them though.

 

“Read my schedule.”

 

“You have a meeting with Chairman Lee at 9, another meeting at 11–”

 

They had a background together in which they attended the same high school back in the day. It was quite a rollercoaster ride to some when that information was leaked. No wonder they had a good chief and assistant chemistry together. Because they were once good friends to begin with. However she often heard them being compared as they are the same age with one of them working under the other one. The thought never bothered her because that never came across her mind. She loves her job and that’s just enough for her.

 

“Cancel the fourth meeting and don’t reschedule it. If possible, cut out all communication with them. I don’t want to make connections with those bastards any longer. Our company will have a bad reputation the more we invest ourselves with theirs.”

 

“Understood.”

 

She noticed she was being gazed upon when she had finished jotting down some notes on the notebook that she always carried around with her. The chief looked away after a while and they walked out from the elevator even before she could utter a word. Her legs were quick enough to follow suit. As usual they were greeted by their team once they entered the workspace. The chief greeted the workers and motivated them to do their work as per usual before locking themselves inside their own room.

 

As soon as the door closes, one of the workers came up to her with a coffee. “How’s her mood today, Assistant Kim?”

 

“Focused as usual.” She, took the coffee from the male and gave a smile. “Thanks.”

 

The telephone on her desk rang and she immediately picked it up. “Yes, Chief Kim?” She answered upon noticing that the line was coming from her chief.

 

“Come see me right now, Assistant Kim.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter