Chapter I

Chanhun's Universe

i. Training for Marriage

 

Chanyeol doesn't know what kind of expression he should wear now when Sehun was sitting innocently infront of him with the brightest smile he had ever seen plastered on. Nervously, he pick up his own chopstick and bring the food just above his lips - hovering for a second before finally Chanyeol open his mouth and put the food neatly inside his mouth. 


Chanyeol always knew Sehun doesn't likes cooking and the younger male never been good at it. But nowadays, ever since Chanyeol purposed at his younger lover, Sehun often spend most of his time in the kitchen; experimenting all kinds of food to feed Chanyeol. He said after they got married, Chanyeol will only eat his food - only his. 


"So?" Chanyeol doesn't missed the curiosity and anxiousness in Sehun's husky voice. 


It's bland, truthfully. The soup is bland - like water mixed with a bit of salt, the meat is not perfectly cooked yet; in short Sehun's skill in cooking still lack in every corner. 


Chanyeol being the lover boy he was.


"It's delicious. Next time, can you make a spaghetti for me instead?" But Chanyeol won't said that. Because delicious or not, if Sehun was the one who make them Chanyeol would never complain. 


Well, what do people always say? Love is blind. Chanyeol was long too blind for everything Sehun did was always perfect in his eyes. 

 

ii. Of Loss, Of Life, Of Love

 

The beep beep  almost sound deafening in his ear. There is Minseok sitting near the bedside with a cup of coffee on his hand. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo is out to buy dinner for them. He can hear Baekhyun's faint sob amongst the beeping sound and when he turned to look at his friend, Jongdae was standing next to him while patting his back and whispering words of hope. Jongin also standing at the corner of the room watching them with tired eyes and dark cirlces that started to show. If Yixing was here, the older surely will reading some short poem or maybe Sehun's favorite fairytale story. 


Chanyeol feel so out of place. Like he was standing in a place so foreign and odd without anyone he knew. And he must be crazy for having such thoughts because they were his friends - his most closest and precious friend. Not to mention the one who lay on the bed with wires taped all over his body was Chanyeol's precious lover. 


When he take his step gracefully, Chanyeol can feel their eyes on him. But Chanyeol paid them no attention as he knelt beside the bed and took Sehun's lifeless hand on his large callous ones. Cradling the soft pale hands as if they were fragile and if Chanyeol ever let this hand go, they will easily break. 


There was a creak, before a nurse come with files on her hand. Doing the familiar check up before she walked out. Leaving the man become more miserable knowing their precious maknae still in the same condition even after long six months had passed. 


"It's okay." Chanyeol whispered as he lay his hand back on Sehun's pale one. "There will be always tomorrow." Chanyeol will wait for Sehun even if it means he had to wait for eternity. 

 

iii. A Mate 

 

Sehun mentally rolled his eyes as the sight of Park Chanyeol once again waiting outside the college's main gate. The taller male attire was the same as usual - oversized hoodie and black ripped jeans, jet black hair messy under his black snap bag. Unconsciously, he let out a sighed. 


"Sehun-ah!" The older male beaming when Sehun finally confront him. It's kinda cute - save from Chanyeol's creepy way of always finding him wherever he was; Chanyeol is pretty cute when he doesn't acted like a stalker. 


Waving at his friends, Sehun put all his attention to Chanyeol. "What is it, Park? I've got no times for your bull." Sehun didn't meant to talk oh so rudely but this Park guy really hit him on the nerve. It's been - what is it six months already? Sehun regret his decision for saving the said male. As if Sehun's word wasn't lacing with harshness but with honey instead, Chanyeol once again showed him his wide bright smile. Sehun swear his heart always jumped whenever the Park guy gave him his smile. 


"Come, mate. I will you. There's too many dangerous thing out there. Especially the night creature." This is one of the other things that makes Sehun labelled Chanyeol with weird stalker guy. Chanyeol keep saying things about mate, night creature and whatsoever. Did he think Sehun was an animal? 


Sighing defeatedly, Sehun just let the guy him. Chanyeol is annoying - he is taller than him, wears all black everyday, smiles too wide for Sehun's liking, always spitting weird words; but the funny thing is Sehun doesn't even mind. He actually started to think the way Chanyeol said the whole mate stuff made his heart feel warmth and secure. 

 

iv. Bad Thing 

 

Sehun relish the hard rough but somewhat warmth hands of his lover. As he looked up, Chanyeol was smiling so wide and free - like the free bird flying across the skies. He looks so free and nothing can tied him down. 


The sound of someone - basically a stranger - shouting behind them, yelling them to stop because how dare these youngsters stealing in my shop! Become more distant as Chanyeol lead them away from the crowds until they finally arrived at the dark alley. Their breaths mingling together. 


"You okay, babe?" Chanyeol's voice is deep - like some sort of music and honestly Sehun hates music but if one day Chanyeol decided to become an idol or an artist - Sehun swear he will be Chanyeol's number one fan. 


Nodding his head, Sehun let Chanyeol engulfed him in his embrace - resting his big hands on Sehun's small back. His cologne dancing in the air - and suffocating Sehun in his own way. Chanyeol had plenty of piercing on both his ear, Sehun carves nicely on the side of Chanyeol's right neck - which makes Sehun's heart always flutter whenever the elder touch or maybe caress them fondly.


Park Chanyeol is an exact role model of a bad boy - piercing, tattoos, loud voice, colorful hair. While Oh Sehun the opposite - good grades, excellent in everything he does. But somehow, Sehun never mind even if Chanyeol do the baddest things in life. 


Because Sehun loves him just the way Chanyeol are. Unconditionally. 

 

v. If happy is her 

 

It's Sehun's fault in the first place. He loved him, yes with all of his heart. But a coward he is, Sehun never admit or even confess his love towards the love of his life. Now, he can only watch from the special seat prepared by the man he love as he watch the bride walking along the aisle and the man of his love reaching for her delicate hands. It's over. His first love is over. But Sehun glad if the happiness he can found is her - only her. As long as he happy, Sehun can be happy too. 


"Wanna go out from here?" His thoughts abruptly ripped away from the sight of his beloved saying vows at the unfamiliar voice. Looking to his right, a frown found itself on Sehun's brow. 


"I'm Chanyeol. You look bored with this reception. So, wanna go out from here and maybe drinking at the bar?" The wide bright smile plastered on this Chanyeol's guy unconsciouly make the corner of Sehun's mouth twitching. It's blinding but at the same time radiating warmth. 


Sehun immediately turned his head away. Afraid of those sparkling and honest eyes, instead he look back at the man that now standing side by side his bride as they bide towards the guests.  Sehun never sees how happy the man was as he stand next to his wife - the pure bliss from the thought finally become one. If happy is her, Sehun will learn how to let go and move on. 


"On second thought, will you be the one who paid at the bar?" And that's how Sehun and Chanyeol's story started. 

 


vi. Not Friends. Not Lovers. But something more. 

 

"Really, why did both of you always denied dating when all you two did was literally drool over each other?" 


Sehun and Chanyeol - both looked up almost at the same time. Frowing at Baekhyun's word, Chanyeol's other hand was still wrapped around Sehun's slim waist. 


"We're not dating, right hyung?" Sehun answered and looking up to the rapper. Chanyeol nodded. "Not just friends either." 


Baekhyun become more conflicted now. If they aren't lovers, aren't friends - then what is their relationship? He look up and saw how Sehun found comfort inside Chanyeol's embrace. He saw how Chanyeol's bright eyes shining with warmth, fond, love and all those kind of sappy feelings. He saw how they interact by only their eyes and the other party immediately know what they want. He saw the lover interaction. He saw the friends interaction. But if they weren't even friends or lovers, then what are they? 


"Hyung, you don't need to label yout relationship if you found comfort and found home in another person. Because ours are beyond than a lover was, beyond than a friend was. Just like this, you don't need any label." The maknae said oh so casually as he let Chanyeol spoil him to the earnest. 


Baekhyun was confused at Sehun's words. But when he looks how warmth Chanyeol's eyes for Sehun is, or how Sehun gave Chanyeol - only him - the privilege; he wonder can he find a love like that too? 

 

vii. Romeo & Juliet 

 

It's over. The enemies basically surrounding them all over the place. Chanyeol tightened his grip on his sword, glancing behind his back and growling as he saw Sehun's frightened expression. 


, they weren't supposed to be like this. Chanyeol curse under his breath for not taking Sehun away from this sick kingdom. So what if they were both men? So what if they love each other? They can't judge them like this. Not when the man behind this scenario was someone who get rejected by Sehun. No, not like this. Chanyeol want to live - living with Sehun away from this kingdom. 


"It's okay, Sehun-ie. I got you." 


"Hyung, I'm sorry. I love you." 


Chanyeol doesn't get to say his vow of love when Sehun push him onto his back and letting his body become Chanyeol's shield. Slowly, he can feel warm thick liquid seeping through his lover's clothes and affecting Chanyeol's too. 


Not even wasting another second, Chanyeol stand quickly while holding Sehun's limp body and move his sword blindly but still accurate. Pain of cries dancing in the air as Chanyeol ran off into the furthest wood. He's tired but the adrenaline pumping him make him keep running. His hold was trembling but Chanyeol will not let go. Jumping away from the enemies, Chanyeol cradle Sehun's face. 


"It's okay, Hun-ah. I'll find you in our next life." And he jumped from the cliff with hands entwining with Sehun. 

 

viii. Lost Love 

 

"He's gone. The night before . He was okay. It is Baekhyun who found him - cold on his bed." 


Sehun doesn't want to believe him. It was too sudden. Just a few days ago, Sehun was spending time with him - laughing, going out for a date, eating their favorite snack; they were happy. And now, when Jongdae told him that he was gone - Sehun gone astonish. 


This can't be true. No, no way. That's why, Sehun wrapped his thick duvet all around his body and crying - saying how the hell this happened?! Why didn't I care for him more? Like if I paid more attention to him, could Sehun prevent this? Maybe yes, maybe if Sehun loved him more, he would still alive - safe and sound. 


His bed make a creak sound and another weight occupied them. Sehun doesn't need to check who it was, because he knew it was him. Sobbing uncontrollably, he clench at the duvet. It's too sudden, how he was supposed to react to his sudden death?! 


"It's okay to cry, Sehun-ah. But I'm sure he didn't want you to be this sad. He's gone, but I'm sure he want you to keep move on in life." 


"But hyung, maybe if I loved him more, he will live." 


"Shh." Sehun can feel the older's hand caressing his head beyond the duvet. Calming but at the same time making Sehun want to cry more. "Didn't you see how happy he is with you? Maybe if there is next life, he would choose you again to by his side. Trust me, Sehun-ah, he really didn't want you to be sad like this." 


Is he telling the truth? Sehun eyes burning with new tears as the images of him running all over his head like a broken cassette. 


Sehun can feel the older's big hand softly pull the duvet away and Sehun instantly met with brown bright eyes, sparkling with unshed tears. Sehun knew how his loss also can effect this person infront of him. 


"Won't you look at him for the last time? I will hold your hand and go together with you." His voice is soft - fond even if it rough. Sehun want to decline but the thought that he will never see him again, Sehun nod his head. 


"I miss him already, Chanyeol hyung." 


Chanyeol took him inside his embrace. Petting his head like he was comforting a little child. "I know, Sehun-ah." 


His white fluffy friend is gone and Sehun can't even with him at his last moment. 


"Vivi..." 

 

 

 

Happy new year guys! So the last short drabble was basically happened to me. Instead of a dog, I've lost my rabbit. He died so suddenly and I wasn't even there with him. My eyes literally swollen - because of the tears! And the worst part is, it's happening just the beginning of new year. 

 

What about your first day in new year? Anything interesting? 


Comment and vote to let me know your opinion about this very short drabble. Should I post the next chapter or maybe stop at this instant?