An Interesting Job

My Heart Wants You. My Liar.

 

I stood on the bridge, watching the hideout. I needed a way in. That's when they came out, one by one, all wearing their significant outfits. Each of them had a football jacket, on the back they had BB in big letters, with their name underneath. Talk about trying to keep on the downlow. My head muttered.
I headed for them, lowering my head. I wanted to look weak, so they'd try something and in the end, recruit me into their gang on their own. I plowed forward, keeping my eyes focused on the ground. After a minute, I crashed into someone. I heard yelling and cussing. When I finally stood, I saw who it was. Zico. "Hey, you wanna watch were you're going, girlie!" He yelled at me.
I just started up at him and blinked. "Yah! Do you not understand Korean? You should apologize to me." He yelled again. I still continued to stare. "Yah! Are you foreign!" He yelled, grabbing my hand.
I then retaliated, gripping his wrist and twisting, cause him to fall to his knees and cry as I forced his arm further up his back. "You know this part of town, you should know better." I said.
"Damn, girls good." I heard someone mutter. 
"Alright, can you let me go now. This hurts." Zico growled.
"You gonna try and grab me again?" I asked. Glaring at him to prove I'd hurt him worse if he tried again.
"Ani. Let me up." He said. I released his hand and he got to his feet. He looked at me, respect forming in his eyes. Mission one: success. "What's you're name, girlie?" He asked.
"Lane. Lane Chung." I smiled. Offering my hand out. He gripped it tightly.
"You're strong, Lane. You should hang with us. We could sure use a girl." He chuckled, as he heard the protests from the others. "Shut it. She'll be an advantage." 
"Sure." I shrugged and smiled.
"Great. Come with us."
 
 
After an hour of them walking around town with me, showing me off I assumed. They took me back to the hideout. It was just what you'd expect from seven young boys. Not decorated, empty bottles and take away food cartons every where. It smelled like testosterone, beer and old wood. I sighed "You boys are filthy." I muttered as I inspected every little bit.
"Yeah." was the only reply I got.
"Do you live and sleep here?" I asked.
"Nah. We all have our own apartments, we just crash here most of the time." Zico replied, knocking some empty cans off of the couch and plonking down, throwing his feet up on the make shift coffee table as he did.
"Then what's the sense in paying rent on an apartment if you sleep here most of the time?" I asked, really baffled by these strange little creatures.
"We need them for when our parents drop by, or we have to look after family, or our hideout gets founds by rivals. We hide out in our apartments for a while." Kyung told me, plonking down next to Zico, in almost the same fashion.
"This place is filthy and it smells. Do you not have windows?" I asked, looking around as the other laughed.
"Ne. Over there" Zico threw his hand out lazily and pointed towards the windows.
"Aish." I muttered and went to open the window.
After about five minutes of struggling, the window finally opened and the room suddenly felt much brighter and healthier to be in. "Much better!" I exclaimed.
"So, are you going to become our live-in maid, as well as a member?" P.O asked me, chuckling as he did.
"Yah! I'm your nuna! And no, I will not be your maid. I have my own apartment thanks, I wont be staying here with you boys." I replied. Throwing a disgusted look around the room. No way would I be living here, my boss couldn't force that on me. "It's late children, so I'm going home. I'll be here tomorrow." I said, as I began to take my car keys out of my pocket.
"What time?" B-bomb asked, looking up from his dirty magazine.
"When I feel like it." and I left. It was going to be an interesting job this one.