Chapter 3

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

You sighed happily as you stepped out of the train after almost 15 and a half hours. It felt great to finally be able to move around without limitations.

“At least I got to see a lot, but my hurts.” You mumbled to yourself. You just wanted to find the nearest hotel and see if they had a room and then go out and run.

Home you usually ran a couple of times a week to do some exercise as your school didn’t really have PE unless chosen as an extra subject and you didn’t really want that.

You smiled as you looked around. You had taken the train all the way to Lanzhou. It was placed almost central in China and that way you were able to travel in all kinds of directions depending on what you chose to do.

But first you wanted to spend two or three days here before moving on to the next place.

“Excuse me, where do I find the nearest hotel?” You asked a woman at the station.

“Eh, just go down that road and then turn left.” The woman answered. You smiled.

“Thank you.” You said before you dragged your suitcase and handbag with you.

You followed the instructions given by the lady and soon enough you were standing in front of a little hotel.

You were just about to go inside when you looked to the side and saw an elderly lady having difficulty walking with two large bags filled with groceries and stuff.

“You need some help?” You asked as you walked over to her.

“H-huh?” The lady looked surprised at you.

“Do you need some help?” You said again and smiled while motioning towards the grocery bags.

“Sure, thanks.” You put your bag over your shoulder and took one of her bags and followed the elderly lady.

“Thank you so much for your help.” The lady smiled as she stopped in front of a gate, which probably led to her house.

“No problem.”

“Why don’t you stay for dinner as a thank you? My grandchild is coming but I think I’ve bought more than enough food for two people.” You hesitated.

“But I would be intruding-“ You started but the elderly lady stopped.

“Not at all! Come on in.” She opened the door and you walked in after her.

“Thanks.” You said. The lady just smiled.

Behind the gate was a yard with a small traditional Chinese house situated in the middle. It was very pretty looking.

You placed your suitcase the same place as where you placed your shoes and then followed the lady into the kitchen.

“Thank you,” The old lady then turned to you. “By the way, I’m Chen Li Fen.”

“I’m ____.” You introduced yourself.

“You are welcome to go sit in the living room or go look around.”

“You don’t need help here?”

“No don’t worry about that, I have it under control.” You mentally sighed but then slowly walked out of the kitchen and into the living room looking a little around at all the different things grandma Li Fen had around.

You stopped at a picture of a young man. He somehow looked familiar but then again where should you have seen him?

“Oh, that’s my grandson.” You looked over at the door where grandma Li Fen had stopped shortly before continuing into the kitchen again. You placed the picture at its place again before you went on to the next pictures.

-oOOoOOo-

“Now dinner is almost finished and the only thing we miss is my grandchild.” Grandma said as she placed another little plate on the table.

The table was covered with small plates with different things. It looked very different from the Danish food you were used to. In Denmark a meal usually were some kind of meat with potatoes, rice or pasta and then some salad.

You were looking forward to taste some of all the things grandma Li Fen had been cooking.

Suddenly the gate was opened and not long after a guy’s voice could be heard.

“Grandma, It’s me, sorry I’m a bit late. I lost my phone somewhere.” There was a little pause. “Whose suitcase is this?” Grandma smiled.

“We got an extra guest.” The guy stopped by the door as he noticed you. Your eyes widened. It was the guy from the park in Shanghai!

“Hello, I’m Wei Chen, sorry about last time.” He said and smiled apologetic. You were a little surprised he could remember.

“Hello, I’m ___, it’s okay.” You answered with a smile.

“You two met before?” A confused grandma Li Fen asked.

“Yeah I accidently knocked into ___ in Shanghai.” You then remembered something and turned to your bag.

“Is this yours?” You asked as you handed the phone to him.

“It is! How?- Oh I must have dropped it in the park.”

“I tried to call after you but you didn’t hear and then I wanted to go leave it at a police station but kind of forgot so I’m glad I met you again so I could give it to you.” You said with a smile.

“Now you two, don’t talk about phones, start eating.” Grandma said. You chuckled. You already liked this old lady.

As Grandma wanted the three of you started eating.

-------------------------------

A/N: A new chapter up! :) Hope you like it ;) Please feel free to leave a comment ^-^

PS. I haven't been to China so all the things I have in the story I have from wikipedia so if there is any misinformation don't hesitate to tell me and I will change it :) Also I don't know anything about Wei Chen's family so sorry for the lame name to the grandma XD haha