"Something more"

Something More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

July 2009 

"What are you wearing?" 

Jinyoung wasn't even able to step one foot inside the hall, and Mark is already eyeing him from head to toe. Well as far as he is concerned, there is nothing wrong with what he's wearing.

Jinyoung scans himself along with the outfit he chose to wear today: a white 'slightly' loose tanktop, paired with black ripped jeans. 

"Shirt and jeans?" He said in a tone which is sort of questioning, as to why the redhead is asking him, when Mark could clearly see what he is wearing.

"You don't usually wear this kind of outfit." Mark says, now with his hands on his waist. He looks like a child being nagged at by his mom.

Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung answered. "I don't usually come to parties. Only this one time. So don't ruin it."

Pushing past the redhead, Jinyoung managed to get inside the hall where their annual school party is being held at.

 

It's true. It's his first time to go to this party. It's his last year in junior high so might as well experience things he hasn't before.

"This is not a good idea." He hears Mark who he knows is walking behind him, following close.

"Why?" Jinyoung asked, turning his head almost abruptly. "Because I look ugly and I am hurting your eyes?"

He is frowning but instead of answering him, Mark hissed and turned around to some guys, (also in their level but different class) who are looking at... him? Why are they looking at him? But before he could process, the guys are already turning back and walking away. 

What was that?

"You're catching too much attention." Mark says, now looking at him. "And I can't afford to get in any fights right now so for the love of God, wear this."

Then he felt Mark wrapping his leather jacket around his shoulders. 

And as Jinyoung stares at his hand, now being pulled by Mark as they walk through the crowd, his face started to feel warm.

And that's when he knows... he knows he's in trouble.

 

 

December 2018

 

"Five more minutes!"

Jinyoung grunted as he struggled to keep the blanket over his head, to cover his face.

But the pulling continued, and he doubts it'll stop in any minute.

"Wake up, Jinyoung-ah! Or you're gonna be late for school!"

Another pull and he successfully dragged the blanket away from his face, allowing the sunlight to hit on it.

Jinyoung squinted his eyes. 

This annoying head. He thought as he tried his best to pull himself up from his most loved bed.

 

He sees Mark, wearing a black long sleeved shirt. And Jinyoung tried to ignore the fact that he looks hot on it.

Mark frowned and rolled his eyes as he glanced at his watch.

"We're running late. Come on, already!"

Unwillingly, Jinyoung stood up and got his towel. "Go wait for me outside!"

He headed straight to his bathroom to take a shower. After a few minutes, he went out of the bathroom only to find Mark sitting on top of his bed, doing something on his phone.

The redhead suddenly looked at him. He was surprised!

"Yah!" Jinyoung shouted and threw his hair towel at the guy. Goodness! He only has a towel draped on his waist!

"Hey--" Mark was about to remove the towel from his face when Jinyoung shouted again.

"I TOLD YOU TO WAIT OUTSIDE!!!"

Mark was still trying to remove the towel.

"GET OUT!"

 

The redhead didn't say anything and just walked outside his room with the towel still on top of his head. But before closing the door, Mark left it by his drawer.

Jinyoung sighed. That was really embarrassing. Mark almost saw... Gulp. He cannot imagine. Although they are bestfriends, it's still not comfortable for Jinyoung to walk in front of him without any clothes on. Maybe twenty two years ago, it's all fine but now that they're full grown adults, no, he doesn't think it's alright.

 

Jinyoung was about to start getting dressed when he heard a knock on his door.

"Don't stress yourself out too much, Jinyoungie. It's not as if I saw something."

His cheeks went warm.

"And it's not as if, I haven't seen it before."

Then his high pitched laugh.

He just made a mental note to smack his bestfriend later.

 

***************

 

"Aye, aye captain!" 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and resisted laughing as he heard Mark talk to his boss over the phone.

"I mean, boss. Yes sir. Yes, sir I am on my way."

 

Jinyoung finished attaching his nameplate on his uniform.

"How many minutes do you have left?" he asked the redhead as the stoplight turned green.

"Actually, it's already starting." Mark smiled as if Jinyoung hasn't caused him any trouble.

He sighed. "I am sorry for being such a slack."

Again with that same warm smile. "It's totally fine, Jinyoungie. Mr. Joon totally understands."


Mark is working as a marketing communication manager at IProsper, a top marketing agency in Seoul. He organized this conference for all the seniors and new members of the agency and because of him, Mark is late in his own event.

 

"Markeu..." It's what he calls the redhead ever since they were kids. He can't get rid of that habit easily. "I already told you, you don't have to take me to medschool everytime. I am only ruining your sched--"

Then there's Mark ssshh-ing him. And he finds it too cute. Those pouty lips blocked by his finger. 

As Mark parked his car, he gently held his hand. Jinyoung already got used to this. But his heart hasn't.

"Jinyoungie, I'll be doing this for as long as I can. Not because I have to, but because I love to."

And this is the part where he melts, right?

 

****************

 

Jinyoung is with his friends, studying for their exam next week.

Becoming a doctor is no joke. He already finished undergraduate degree, now he is on his second year in medschool.

Why did he choose to be one, anyway? If he just took up management, like what he and Mark planned when they were in highschool, it would've been easier. He would've had a job now.
 

"Jinyoung, uhm.. Will Mark be joining us for lunch today?"

He glanced at Taehyung who is smiling from his eyes.

Damn it, Mark.

He thought as he sees the blonde waiting for his answer with hopeful eyes.

See, his bestfriend really has a way with guys, or anyone who has eyes. He's that kind of guy who can easily win a someone's heart. Mark just has that something.

And he knows that too well.
 

Jinyoung just rolled his eyes, trying to get rid of his annoyance.

"I don't know. Can we just focus here? We need to review."

"Oh, right." Then Taehyung started reading again.
 

Before reviewing again, Jinyoung fetched his phone from his pocket and replied to Mark's message earlier.
 

Mark: I can sneak out for a bit. Lunch?

Him: Can't. I'm busy reviewing. Don't go here anymore. Just pick me up later.
 

He feels bad for Taehyung. After all, he just happenned to like his bestfriend.

But what can Jinyoung do? He happens to hate that idea.

 

Oh, Jinyoung. You got it bad.

 

**************

 

"Thank you, eommeoni!" Mark clasped his hands and bowed at his mom.

And now, the guy's clapping like a seal as Jinyoung's mom finished preparing dinner.

The three of them said their grace before eating. Mark of course is the most excited. Jinyoung just curled his lips up.

"What's a guy with a 6 digit salary doing? Eating at someone else's home."

He mocked the redhead. And that made him pout.

"Eomeoni, Jinyoung-ah is being rude to me again."

And that's when his mom slapped his hand. Playfully, that is.

"Be nice to Mark, sweetie."

And Jinyoung just made a face at them. What is he? A three year old kid? This seems like a scene back then.

Back when Mark is still that kid who always wet his shorts. That's why Jinyoung always makes fun of him.

 

"Mom! He can't eat here. He might wet the chairs!"

Jinyoung remembers his little self yelling across the dining table.

He mentally laughed at the memory and started to eat.
 

"So, Mark, how is your mom and dad doing in LA?"

His bestfriend is now eating the chocolate cake his mom has baked.

"Oh, they are perfectly fine. They call me everyday to check on me."

It is only Mark here in Korea. His mom and dad along with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter