Meeting in Two Weeks

Please Stay

 

            Taecyeon sighed as turned the keys in the doorknob.  After seeing the green light indicating it was unlocked, he opened the door to his apartment.  The moment he walked inside he noticed that the lights were on.  Next to him on the coat hanger was a white trench coat.  On the stand was a pair of keys with a pink teddy bear key chain attached to it.  A light daisy smell scented the room.  She must be here.

            After he took off his shoes, a slender figure appeared.  It was his wife of five years, Im Yoona.  Based on the gold Michael Kors dress and high updo, she looked like she was going out tonight again. 

            “Oh yobo.  Do you want to go out with my friends and me?” Yoona asked him as she fixed her earrings.

            Taecyeon could only stare at her for a second before he responded, “It’s okay.  I’m going out pretty soon.”

            “Are you seeing her?” Yoona’s eyes turned into slits.  This was the first time in the two weeks he was going out since they moved back to Korea.  He was always at work.  If not, he came back home silent and moody.  It was not new, but he was different.  She suspected him about a certain someone.  That same someone who haunted him. 

            “Why are you accusing me again?” Taecyeon growled back.  This was not the first.  Even when he came back home late and he saw her, she would say the same thing.

            “I know you are that’s why.  How could you do this to him?” she accused him.

            “Remember he has a name, it was Jin.  Don’t act like you cared-”

            “I did!  We’ve been through with this before.  Just because now Jin died too that doesn’t mean you can do what you like.”

            “Believe what you want then.  Screw this,” Taecyeon said as he threw his suitcase to the side and walked out.

-----

            “How are you and Wooyoung handling with the little one?  I can see the bags under your eyes, “ Gyuri joked as he pointed to Hara’s bags.

            “Seriously how did you handle Taemin?  All Hyuna does is cry.  How can a little baby as small her make so much noise?” Hara yawned as she stretched out her arms.

            “Remember Taemin is a good little boy,” Nicole reminded the group as she took a big bite of her food.  “I would know I am his godmother.”

            “You’re not the only one, we all are!” Eunjung re-informed her friend. 

            Every two weeks, Gyuri, Nicole, Hara, and Eunjung always had a late night dinner since Gyuri moved back from Macau.  For them, they chatted about what was going on, while enjoying great food.  It was not like it was only time they got to hang out, but it was fun to have a girls’ night out.  They all needed a break from their lives. 

            A waitress appeared in front of their table with a chilled glass of pink champagne.

            “Oh we didn’t order this,” Gyuri informed the waitress.

            “It’s actually from a gentleman.  He insists that you take it,” the young woman replied back as she was pouring the glasses.

            “Do you know who he is?” Nicole asked.

            “He asked to remain anonymous.”

            “I don’t know.  He could be some weirdo-” Eunjjung cautioned.

            “Actually he said he knows you, ladies.”

            Before the girls could protest, Gyuri stepped in, “Can you tell him thank you.  It is very kind of him.”  Before the waitress could leave, Gyuri gave her a handwritten thank you note to give.

            Once the waitress left, they gave a toast and enjoyed their drinks.  Everyone engaged in the conversation, except Gyuri.  She seemed quiet.  However, she was different lately.  It was difficult to tell.  More like she had something on her mind lately.  No one bothered her though because they knew she wanted to be left alone for now.  After the drinks and dessert, they paid the bill and went outside where the valet was.

            “Where to-” Nicole stopped when she slightly opened the door.  Suddenly she quickly pulled back the door in.

            “Cole what are you doing?” Eunjung asked.

            “Maybe we should uh… Wait!  There’s um um too many people outside at valet!” the nervous Korean American woman pointed her finger up in exclamation.

            “Be reasonable.  There are many people waiting for us to leave too.  You’re holding up the area,” Hara said.

            Before they could argue, Gyuri somehow was at the door and opened it.  Stepping outside, hoping to be free from the tight restaurant, she froze.  Her friends saw and went next to her side.  They realized why.

            Standing outside was Ok Taecyeon, looking sharp in his business suit.  He appeared to be waiting for his car with someone.  She was a pretty girl, who looked younger than him.  This girl had a tall figure with long legs, highlighted by the short floral printed dress.  She could be a model.  What caught their attention were the ringless finger along with her and Taecyeon’s interaction.  They seemed to be very playful with one another by the way they joked.  Everyone knew that Taecyeon married Yoona. 

            Eunjung, Hara, and Nicole could not help but whisper to one another behind Gyuri.  They were shocked by the fact Taecyeon was back in Korea.  Eunjung and Nicole were confused on what to do.  Hara wanted to yell at Wooyoung for not telling her this.

            “Is he cheating on Yoona?”

            “Maybe it is good Gyuri isn’t with him?”

            “That girl looks like a model.”

            Gyuri stood there.  She did not know how to react.  However, she did not suspect him.  There was something innocent about this.  Before anything could happen though, Taecyeon spotted her.  At first, he looked caught red handed.  However, he walked to her.

            “Hi Gyuri,” he greeted with his head kind of low with his hands in his pockets.  He had a nervous smile on.

            “Hi Taecyeon,” she smiled back.  Something inside of her made the butterflies in her stomach flutter.  She felt happy to see him again.  Since seeing him those weeks ago, she wished for another moment again.  However, she knew this was wrong somehow.  “Thank you by the way.”

            “For?”

            “The champagne, you don’t have to deny it.”

            “It was nothing.  Did you and the girls enjoy it?”

            “We did.  By the way, who’s your friend?” Gyuri noticed the awkward person standing near by as they were talking.

            Taecyeon motioned the girl to come closer, who seemed to be happy to be included, “Gyuri this is my sister, Jiyoung.  Jiyoung this is-”

            “Gyuri!  I’ve seen pictures of you and heard so much about you!  I hope I don’t sound creepy,” the hyper young woman greeted herself.

            “Oh Jiyoung, Taecyeon told me a lot about you too.  You look so grown up from the pictures he showed me.  You’ve become a very beautiful young woman.”

            “Don’t be so kind.  Your picture is an understatement,” the young one said.

            As the two women conversed with one another, Taecyeon and Gyuri’s friends watched from the distance.  Eunjung, Hara, and Nicole were still suspicious of the rich man.  Taecyeon could not help but think about how well his favorite two women in his life got along.  Had he married Gyuri, he could see his sister more.  Yoona and Jiyoung did not see on the same level, one could say.  To be blunt, they could not handle being in the same room together. 

            Then a black Lamborghini raced to the front of the valet.  Seeing that it was their time to leave, the sibling bid their goodbyes.  Jiyoung promised to grab lunch since they were family as they hugged one another like they were old friends.  Before Taecyeon stepped into the car, he was stood in front of Gyuri.

            “It was really nice to see you again,” Taecyeon said. 

            “It was.  You should get going though.  Your sister is waiting.”

            He nodded in agreement.  He wished he could stay longer, but he remembered Eunhyuk’s warning.  He could not hurt her anymore.  Those words stuck in his mind, he continued looking at her until he went inside his car.

            Once the car was gone, all of her friends gathered around her.

            “We’re not going home yet,” Eunjung announced to her.

            “You have some explaining to do.”