Meet Mama

Please Stay

 

After breakfast, Taecyeon and Gyuri cleaned up their mess together after "arguing" with each other who do the task.  Wearing her clothes and makeup from yesterday, Gyuri claimed the restroom first.  Meanwhile, Taecyeon read his messages.  Some were company updates.  Some were funny pictures and jokes from his friends.  A couple was from his grandpa.  A majority of them were from his parents.  He had an idea about what they wanted to discuss.

Hearing the shower stop, Taecyeon walked to the bathroom for his turn.  Gyuri held the towel wrapped around her and was looking at her phone simultaneously,  Both engrossed in their own business, they bumped into one another.  Almost dropping her towel, Gyuri blushed and tried adjusting her towel.

Taecyeon had a cheeky expression, "It's not like I haven't seen what's underneath that piece of fabric."  His fingers grazed against the side of her waist.  Electrifying was his touch.

Playfully slapping his arm, Gyuri scolded him, "Not now Taecyeon.  Besides my friends messaged me all day yesterday about my whereabouts.  Can you drop me off home?  Nicole is really worried."

Smiling at her, Taecyeon nodded at her, "First let us get ready.  Then we need to pick up my car.  I'll drop you off right after.  Do you want to wear one of my shirts?"

"That sounds good. Thank you Taec," Gyuri tippy toed and pecked his lips.  Instead of resisting like before, Taecyeon kissed her back.  Wrapping his arms around her, he slowly deepened the kiss.  Gyuri enjoyed this, until her towel was slipping.

"Get back to the shower boy," her finger traced his chest.

"Aww damn, it was getting pretty good."

Gyuri playfully shook her head and walked back to his room.  When he returned, she wore a large grey v-cut shirt with the black leggings from the previous day.  They continued to get ready, and decided to walk instead of hailing a taxi.  As they were walking, Taecyeon grabbed Gyuri's hand.  This shocked her that he was so affectionate, especially when his thumb rubbed her hand.  Unlike yesterday, this felt normal, balanced, soft, sweet,

Once they reached his car, they drove back to her place.  Even though Taecyeon had only been there a few times, he memorized the directions.  This impressed Gyuri.  Who would had thought that he knew or remembered so much about her?  During the ride, they talked about various things like favorites, dislikes, and their lives.

"What's your family like Tekken?"  Gyuri curiously asked.  She only knew his Grandpa Joon.

Briefly taking his eyes off the raid, he dimly responded, "I am the only son of Ok Hyunjae and Minhee.  My father is one the vice presidents at Legion Trading, along with me," his tone slowly turned brighter, "You know Grandpa Joon is the president of the company, but he also owns the hotel I live at, Legacy Tower.  Grandma died a few years ago.  I don't know my mom's parents too well.  They died before I was born.  I also have a younger sister, Jiyoung.  Right now she's studying in Hawaii.  Lucky girl.  You would like her.  You?"

For a moment, Gyuri glanced down, but she faced Taecyeon again, "No siblings.  I was raised by my mom.  I don't really know my dad."

Taecyeon realized that he had hit a sore spot, "I'm sorry Gyuri.  You don't have to talk about this if you don't want to."

Half smiling, "Don't worry.  Besides I asked you about your family first.  Not only that, but didn't we say we'll be more open?"

He admired that quality about hers.  The ability to lift herself up.  Not needing sympathy.  "I'm glad you told me though."

Gyuri squeezed his hand, "Thanks for understanding Taec."

"No problem.  Here we are!" Taecyeon turned into her apartment parking garage. Once they found a stall, Gyuri stepped out of the car.  On the other hand, Taecyeon sat in his seat, hands on the wheel.

"Aren't you going to walk me up?" Gyuri pouted.

"I would like to, but I don't want to face the wrath of Nicole. Once time I left your room and saw her in the kitchen.  When she saw me, there was a knife in one hand and an evil glare directed at me.  I had to get out, before my favorite appendage would be gone." Taecyeon shivered at this memory.

Laughing at this, Gyuri pulled Taecyeon out of the car, "C'mon. Nicole isn't your biggest fan, but walk for me please."

"Okay then," Taecyeon agreed.  Hearing this, Gyuri held his arm.

Opening her apartment door, Gyuri pulled him in.  Once they were inseam they were greeted by the annoyed faces of Gyuri's mother, Nicole, Hara, and Eunhyuk.  Taecyeon and Eunhyuk increased the tension in the room, exchanging glares.  Trying to settle Taecyeon, Gyuri squeezed him arm tighter.

"Where were you?" Nicole sternly asked.

Gyuri's mother, Sohyun joined in, "Who's this man with you? Why are you wearing his clothes?"

Eunhyuk was about to answer the question, but Taecyeon broke away from Gyuri.  "Ms. Park, my name is Ok Taecyeon.  I am one of Gyuri's friends.  I was not feeling well last night, so Gyuri helped me and stayed over.  I apologize for the trouble."  He bowed apologetically.

Inspecting this boy, Park Sohyun crossed her arms, "You seem more than friends."

Everyone in the room stayed silent, even Gyuri.  Then Taecyeon spoke up, "Yes I am seeing your daughter."

Eunhyuk butted into the conversation, "You're her boyfriend then."  Gyuri shot him a dagger look.

Turning to Eunhyun, then back to Sohyun, "I am not her boyfriend, but we are taking this day by day."

Gyuri was please by his answer, he was not possessive. 

Suddenly Taecyeon's phone echoed in the room.  Asking to be excused, Taecyoen made his way out.  Once he left a flood of questions unleashed on Gyuri.

"So that's Taecyeon not bad."

"Gyuri are you sure?  Him of all people," Eunhyuk said in disappointment.

"Unnie when this happen?" Hara squealed.

"Really? Don't you remember how many times he's hurt you?" Nicole crossed her arms.

Facing the questions, Gyuri first turned to Eunhyuk, "Why are you here?"

"When I found out you were missing, I came to your apartment straight away," Eunhyuk replied with his head down, not making eye contact.  True, when he received the call, he dropped everything to find her.  The thought of his Gyuri gone scared him.  He could not lose her.  At first, he suspected Taecyeon, but he could not handle such idea.  His girl and his rival?  No way... However, he had to face the music.

"Gyuri please don't be mad at him.  He was searching for you all night," Nicole pleaded.  "Right now other people. like Eunjung and Gina, are out too."

Wanting to say something, Gyuri was interrupted when Taecyeon returned to her side.  "Hey, that was my dad.  He wants to talk to me right now, so I'm going to his place.  Call you later?"  Taecyeon smiled and made the phone hand signal.   Then he squeezed her hand.  

Gyuri squeezed back.  "Okay, drive safely."

Taecyeon wanted to kiss her, but did not want to be disrespectful, so he held back.  This was difficult, but he needed to make a good impression since he had a few antis with this relationship.  Bowing down to everyone, even Eunhyuk, Taecyeon led his way out.  He and Gyuri waved each other goodbye.  The moment the door closed, a commotion stared again.  

Hara squealed again, "Unnie!  You and Taecyeon are so HOT and CUTE!  I had a feeling you two would be a couple soon."  At least one of her friends supported them.

Working in the club allowed Hara to see relationship between Taecyeon and Gyuri.  Like Nicole, Hara did not understand at first why Gyuri adored Taecyeon.  Sure she did see the sparks.  It was hot.  Then over time, Hara saw Gyuri develop these feelings for Taecyeon.  Sure Taecyeon did not reciprocate or become as obvious, and it infuriated her.  Her best friend deserved more than this selfish guy who never cared for her.  However, it changed one night.
 

That night, Gyuri asked for the night off to see her mom who was well.  Wooyoung, being understanding, gave her permission.  Later Taecyeon strolled into Bleu, looking like he had something in mind.

"Woo where's Gyuri?"  Taecyeon wondered.  When Hara heard this, she shook her head.  Great this guy probably is here to bang her friend.
Backing away from duties, Wooyoung responded, "She's not working tonight"

"Why?"

"Something came up."

Taecyeon was concerned, "Is she okay?"  Normally he was not like this with Gyuri.  Based on their conversations, Taecyeon never responded or ask simple personal questions like this.  Maybe he wanted something though.

"Don't worry Ok, I think she will be find.  She's tough."

"She is, but take good care of her."  Maybe there was more to Taecyeon than thought.


              Gyuri understood that not everyone was not like Hara.  It was reasonable to see why.  Her mom and Nicole thought Taecyeon was not good enough, despite his wealth and status.  However, her mom was slowly warming up.  Nicole, on the other hand, was going to take some time.  She only saw Taecyeon's bad side.  Hopefully that would change.  Then there was Eunhyuk.  Gyuri had an idea that both had some kind of hatred.  However, she wanted to balance them, despite being angry at Eunhyuk.  They needed to settle this if she wanted everything to work out.

"Eunhyuk can we talk?"

When Gyuri was in the shower, Taecyeon saw all his parents' messages.  They did not have a pleasant tone. He knew the reason.  However, he wished that his parents did not have to drag him from Gyuri.  Still when Taecyeon heard his father's voice while at her place, he knew he had to listen.

As Taecyeon made his way inside, the staff gave him silent warnings.  Even they knew what was to come.  Taecyeon was not that scared though.  He had better things on his mind.  Once he entered the mansion, someone immediately led him to the living room.  There were his parents sitting on the ivory couch.  His mother was disappointed.  His father was red.

"What the hell happened yesterday?"