Flying In

Please Stay

 

One Month Later          

             A month finally passed.  Ok Taecyeon finally arrived back home.  Boarding off his plane, he took a deep breath.  Now he could close a dark chapter in his life.  Lee Joon was now in prison for life.  Taecyeon was content with that.  He did not wish death upon on the boyish looking assassin.  However, that was over with and he needed to continue on with his life.

            As he took his steps, each one was heavier and faster.  He was in a rush.  Once he retrieved his carry-on bag, he started a mad dash.  He was lost in so many thoughts.  He was supposed to be celebrating the start of his freedom.  However, it was a storm of emotions.

            What seemed like forever, walking behind large crowds and waiting for turtle-slow like people, he finally made it to the luggage area.  However, the moment he stepped out of the doors, there she was.

            His Gyuri.

            She just stood there.  Arms crossed.  Her head was down.  Then it shot up.  It was like as though she sensed his arrival.  Taecyeon stood in shock.  Then their eyes met.  They walked towards one another.  Without second thoughts.  They were two sides of a magnet.  Being pulled to one another.  What seemed like forever, their shoes touched tips.  They both looked down.  Then they made eye contact.

            “So… you… came,” Taecyeon muttered.  His feet were antsy.  His hands were stuck in his pockets. “I need to tell you something-”

            Gyuri nodded, “Taecyeon it wasn’t what you heard or saw,”

            Hearing this made him wince.

            “Please listen to me.”

 

 

A Few Nights Ago

            Gyuri was out with her friends, Eunjung, Hara, and Nicole.  For the girls, it was one of the few times they could loosen up before Gyuri’s loving boyfriend would be back.  Even though the girls had fun during these times meeting new people, Gyuri was the mature one.  She would always take the backseat.  She would watch her friends.  She would reject all the guys.  Just the rejections alone kept her busy most nights out.

            That night, the girls decided to visit Wooyoung at Bleu nightclub.  The same thing happened, but Taecyeon’s friends were there too.  Hara was dancing with Wooyoung.  Eunjung was deeply engrossed in a conversation with Nichkhun.  Meanwhile, Nicole was playing games with the rest of the guys.  Gyuri on the other hand, just sat at their table. 

            She could not believe that time flew by.  At one time, she was only a waitress here.  Those days she was hopelessly in a one sided love.  Now she was on her way to becoming on the leaders in her career. With her new job, she could finally give back to her mother who single handedly raised her.  To top it all off, she was with the guy of her dreams.

            To be honest, she was satisfied sitting alone, even though it was uneventful.  Then she felt someone plop down next to her, snapping her out of her thoughts.  She was surprised to find her new neighbor.

            “Hey LeGyulas,” her favorite anchovy, Eunhyuk, cheerily greeted.

            Hearing this, Gyuri smiled, “Haven’t heard that for some time.”

            Elated to see one of her best friends, Gyuri reached over to give him a hug.  To Gyuri, they seemed locked together a little longer than usual.  Not only that, but Eunhyuk’s holds was much together and tender, as he rubbed her back more affectionately.  Even though this was strange, Gyuri brushed it off.  They were extremely close friends, who have not seen each other for some time.  To be honest, since she and Taecyeon started dating, her and Eunhyuk’s interactions decreased.  This made her guilty that she neglected him.  For Eunhyuk, separation made the heart grow fonder.

            After they broke apart, they observed one another, taking in and noting another’s changes.

            She was always bright and confident, but she glowed now.  Did she change her shampoo, so her hair shined more?  Maybe she whitened her teeth, for her smile dazzled despite the club’s dim lighting.  Was it strange that he noticed the way she moved seemed lighter like clouds travelling across the sky.  Just the way each motion was something to watch.  The way her petite hands would comb through her silky hair and return to her knee was so gentle and fluid.  Everything about her beautiful.  How could his Gyuri blossom even more? 

            In the opposite direction, Gyuri noticed something.  Sure Eunhyuk had his moments where he would stare mindlessly at her, however this seemed different.  His fingers his jaw in a v direction, meeting at the chin.  His free hand was patting his knee.  All the while, his legs shook.  Then she heard a faint hmm, despite the loud club electronic music.  He had something to say.

            “What’s up?” Gyuri waved her hand in front of him to grasp his attention.

            “Hmm… what? Oh okay…” Runhyuk snapped out of his Gyuri gazing moments.  Shifting his position, by straightening his back and pushing his shoulders, he looked like there was something at the tip of his tongue.  “Well there’s something going on right now, but tell me what’s happening to you>”

            “You know that I’ve been working at DSP, but a week ago I was promoted,” Gyuri announced.

            “Congratulations, I knew you would do well there,” Eunhyuk smiled.

            “Thank you.”

            “What about you and Taecyeon,” Eunhyuk blurted.

            “We’ve been fine.  Right now he’s in LA,” Gyuri stated since sheknew this was an awkward subject between the two of them.  Despite their friendship, she did not want to weird out Eunhyuk.

            “Oh I see,” he released a long breath, easing his tense body. His hands started to pat his knees a bit faster, and his legs shook more violently.

            “You have something to say.  Say it now,” Gyuri blurted.

            “What makes you say that?”

            She blunted stated, “You’re at Bleu, which is a dangerous territory for you because Wooyoung owns this club.  Two, you’re talking to me alone.  Three you only shake like that when you’re hiding something.”

            “I’m moving to Macao.”

            “That’s-” Gyuri was at a lost of words.

            “Tomorrow.”

            “Why so soon?  Why did you tell me?” she lightly pushed him.  Sure she was shocked, but that soon.

            “Grandpa Joon offered me a position to oversee the offices in Macao.  It’s a great way for me to take a break from here.  Especially from my dad.  No one in Korea really knows because I asked grandpa to keep it a secret.  Since I was going to be leaving, I decided to get it over with.  I guess that’s why tomorrow,” Eunhyuk sighed.

            There was sadness in her eyes.  Eunhyuk was always there for her.  Whenever she was sick, he would stop by with hot delicious soup.  Whenever she felt like going out, he would make time to spend with her.  Whenever she had boy issues, he listened to her problems.  Whenever she needed a ride, he would take her anywhere.  He was the best friend she could have.

            “When were you going to tell me,” Gyuri frowned.

            “Tonight.  That’s why I’m here, despite this being Wooyoung’s place.”

            “I’m going to miss you,” Gyuri warmly hugged him.

            They were like that for a few moments, until he whispered, “Move with me.”

            Wide eyed, Gyuri pulled away from him.  She thought he was crazy.

            This was an expected reaction, so Eunhyuk decided this was now or never. 

            “I love you Gyuri.”

            All these years, he finally mustered up the courage to say this to her.

            “Yes I love you,” he boldly confessed again.  “Ever since we first met.  I always wanted to tell you this, but I couldn’t.  Now I manned up and say this.”

            “Are… are… you-”

            “Serious?  Yes I am.  Move with me.  We can start fresh in Macau without being judged.  No more won’t I be knwonas Ok Hyungjoon’s bastard son.  You don’t have be known as the only child of the single mother, Park Sohyun.  If you want to bring your mother with us, please do so.  I only want to take care of you and everyone you love.  I want to make you happy.”

            She could only stare at him.

            “Hyukjae,” Gyuri stopped him, “I don’t-”

            “Please Gyuri, search deep inside.  Don’t you feel any sense of the same love I feel for you?” Eunhyuk pleaded.  In desperation, he grabbed her hands, grasping onto them.

            “I don’t-”

            “Let me try to convince you,” Eunhyuk challenged her, as he smashed his mouth onto hers.  It was so rough.  Even before, when Taecyeon was only sleeping with Gyuri, their beastly kisses were full of sparks and energy.  However, this was dead.  Gyuri tried to push him off, but he was much stronger.  Still she tried to tell him off in between.  This did not him until she felt somebody pull him off of her.

            “Could you not tell that she did not want you,” Nichkhun growled.

            Luckily, Eunjung and Khun were able to help before the sitatuation could get worse.  Eunjung went to Gyuri’s side to see if the troubled blonde was all right.  Meanwhile the Thai had a grim expression.

            “Leave now.”

            Full of confidence, Eunhyuk smiled in defiance, “No.”

            Before a fist fight could start, Gyuri entered the tense conversation.  “Hyukjae just go.”

            Finally deciding to listen to someone, Eunhyuk stood up and brushed himself off, “Fine I’ll leave.  Just remember what I said.  If Taecyeon ever does anything to you, I’ll always be there.  No matter what.”

            With these words he left.

            “I hope Taecyeon doesn’t get mad,” Gyuri started to tear up.

            Seeing her best friend in this state, Eunjung tried to comfort her, “I don’t know sweetie.  I noticed a few girls were taking pics of our table while Eunhyuk was… Still if anything Khunnie and I can back you up right?”

            The Thai nodded, showing his support.

            “Thanks, but let’s not tell Taecyeon right now.  It’s just that I don’t want to stress him with the trail going on,” Gyuri asked.

 

            “So when did you ever plan on telling me,” Taecyeon snapped.

            Looking at him wide-eyed, Gyuri never saw this side of him since they started dating.  She knew about this aspect, but still.. Sure she had to expect Taecyeon to be pissed by this, but he had to understand her.  As she thought of this, she maintained an excellent poker face.  However, Taecyeon noticed her left hand was tapping her leg, realizing she was ready to blow.  Then it hit him, he was being an .  Despite hearing her side, he still did not put that into consideration.  Suddenly the pang in his heart returned.

            “I’m sorry chagiya for not understanding.  It’s just that I was upset that someone sent me those pics of him and you… However, I can see why you thought about not telling me now, and that’s why I love you.  You always consider my being in every way possible.  I’m not mad,” Taecyeon humbly apologized.  His stature was slightly slouched, with his head hanging.  However, his head was lifted to make eye contact with her.

            Hearing this, Gyuri hugged him with her head nuzzled in his chest.  Sure ut did not take her long to forgive him, but for him to apologize took him a large amount of courage and humility.  Not only that she loved him so much, that she could instantly forgive him.

            Little did she know that Taecyeon secretly forgave her earlier.  Still he only reacted like he did was that he was afraid.  How could he forgive someone so fast?  Did love really make him that weak?  Still there was more to the situation.

            Gyuri noticed that his hands were still in his pockets as she hugged him.  Worried about him, she rubbed his chest with her right hand.  Then she whispered, “Is everything all right?”

            Listening to these words made Taecyeon wince, as he pulled away from her.  This time his posture and aura were completely different.  His hands finally escaped his pockets.  It seemed like his feet were battling one another as he stepped from side to side.  Now he could not make eye contact.  His throat was dry, as he was tongue tied.  A rocket could not compete with the speed and power his heart was beating at.  Still he had to tell her, for he could hide nothing from her.

            “I’m sorry.”

            “Why?”