An Email

Please Stay

 

 

            The sun’s rays shined against Gyuri’s eyes as she fluttered them open.  Once they adjusted to the brightness, she put her hand over her chest.  Her heart pounded powerfully.  Last night she and Taecyeon made love to one another.  Unlike before, he took his time to truly explore and appreciate her body.  His touches were like kisses from a butterfly.  Even though he was gentle these days, his love making was a different experience.  After it all, he whispered sweet words into her ear until she fell asleep in his arms.  All night he held her tightly.  Before she used to dream of these moments, and now they were real.  They were lovers.

            Turning to her right, she expected to find him sleeping soundly.  However, she realized that his arms were not around her.  She could not hear the rhythms of his heartbeats.  Instead, his side of the bed was hardly messy. 

            He was standing nearby the window.  Wearing a pair or long cotton pajama pants and shirtless, he looked like he had been up for some time.  His arm was against the window, while he rested his forehead on top of it.  Gazing below, his eyes darted at the streets.  Then they shifted to his telephone’s screen.  He released a deep sigh.

            Gyuri observed him, for he needed a few moments to himself.  Then she pushed herself up, covering herself with the sheets.  Taecyeon heard the faint ruffles of the covers, so he placed his phone down at the nearest desk.  He crept on top of her.

            “You don’t need to hide anything.  I’ve seen it all,” Taecyeon cheekily suggested.

            Slighted embarrassed, Gyuri slapped his arm, but she pecked her lips on it.  Taecyeon had a closed smile in appreciation.  However, she saw that he was trying to hide something.

            “Taec, what’s wrong?” Gyuri worried.

            “Nothing.”

            “You say you’ll let me in.  What I don’t get that if, you’re behaving like this… We won’t get anywhere,” Gyuri huffed as she turned her back to him.  Arms crossed with a frustrated pout, she wished that he would keep his promise like everyone else.  Then again, Taecyeon was not like everyone else.  Trying to understand him, Gyuri peeped, “Is this about something on your phone?
            “Yeah…”

            “Do you not want to talk about it?”  Gyuri was preparing herself to hear the expected from this old moody Taecyeon that was emerging again.

            Pushing aside her hair, Taecyeon hotly whispered in her ear, “Okay it’s just that-”

            Realizing that he was ready to open up, Gyuri turned around to face him.  Both sitting legs crossed, knees touching together, Taecyeon took Gyuri’s hands in his.  They were silent for a few moments, while he fiddled with her hands.  He took each fingers and admired them with careful attention.  Gyuri reassured him, “Do you still want to tell me?  You don’t have to-”

            “I should tell you though and I will.  An hour ago, I received an email from my friend, Jinwoon,” Taecyeon mumbled, “It turns out, a few months ago, they found Yubin and Donghae’s murderer.”

            Yubin… She still haunted Taecyeon in some way.  He may had not felt so strongly for her, but she affected his life so much.  Gyuri did not want to admit it, but Yubin held him down.  He was so damaged at times.  Still Gyuri could not blame the beautiful dead ex of his.  If it was not for her death, would she and Taecyeon had ever met?

            Taecyeon took in a deep breath and continued, “The trial is in a few momths, and the prosecutors want me to testify.  I’m worried though.  I know once I step in the stand, I’ll be blasted by that sick bastard’s lawyers.  They will question me for running away.  I might be the bad guy instead-“

            Gyuri pulled him into her arms, as he hushed.   His head dripped into her lap.  His hands laid on her calves, as his fingers traced imaginary figures.  Meanwhile, Gyuri her lover’s head, hoping it would ease him.  Silently, they both knew what had to be done.

            “You should go,” Gyuri quietly suggested.

            Taecyeon’s tracings stopped, “You’re right, but I’ll think about it.”

            “Maybe talk to Yoona too?”

            His breaths became lighter, “Why?”

            “Yoona will give you closure.  She probably knew about it, which is shy she wanted to talk with you.  Not only that, she probably needs someone who understands this situation.  If you want to, talk to her.”

            Taecyeon contemplated for a few moments, as he resumed to tracing shapes on his beauty’s body.  Gyuri continued rubbing his head.  Later, Taecyeon stopped and turned his back, facing Gyuri.

            “You’re right.  Let me find her number okay?”

            Gyuri nodded and her lover’s face in approval.  She helped him back up, and he made his way to the phone.  While waiting for him, Gyuri decided to check her phone.  A few were from her friends.

Did the goods to the trick ;)- Eunjung

Please don’t be going at it like rabbits at our place now—Nicole
Hope all went well unnie
J- Hara

            Scrolling down, Gyuri found other messages.

Are you okay?  You can always rely on me when you need help – Eunhyuk

Gyuri you look tired these days.  Come home today, so I can cook delicious food for you.  Also bring your cute boyfriend- Umma

            Even though the couple did not have any plans for today, Gyuri thought it would be a good idea to see her mom.  Despite Gyuri’s poor background, Taecyeon did not mind and was not bothered visiting her mom in one of the most rundown areas of Seoul.  It was refreshing for him to be loose and not dealing with upper-crust society.  There was no need for him to dress in suits or polos.  Instead he could freely walk around with Gyuri in jeans and a t-shirt, while they were in her neighborhood grabbing snacks and icy-cool homemade juice.  Sometimes some women would glare at the blonde beauty and harshly gossip about her.  However, Taecyeon would only hold her tighter, which made her feel better.  They appreciated simple times like this.

            Meanwhile as Gyuri was checking her messages, Taecyeon had to approach the lions’ den.  He did not want to do this.  Still, this was the quickest way possible to end the anxiety.

BEEP

BEEP

            “Hello?”

            “Mom, it’s Taecyeon.  Could you give me Im Yoona’s number?” Taecyeon cut straight to the chase.  He wanted to get this over with.

            “Oh, why yes my dear boy!  Cell phone?  Home?”  His was mother was in a jubilee.  Maybe her son finally had a change of heart.

            “Just her cell phone number.  Don’t think this is a sign I’m ending things with Gyuri.”

            On the other side of the phone, Taecyeon could hear a disappointed sigh.  Then a few page ruffles and name mumbling, his mother passed the information over.  However, before Taecyeon hung up, hid mother gave one last piece of advice, “At least give Yoona a chance.  From what I heard from her mother, Yoona seemed very interested in you.”

            Both families never eve n realized or knew about their connections to one another.  Maybe Yoona wanted to hide this incident too.

            Once Taecyeon and Gyuri were done using their phones, they turned to face each other.

            “My mom said we should come over today,” Gyuri grinned.

            “Finally got Yoona’s number.  Is it okay if I see her first, and then I’ll meet you at your mom’s place.   Maybe you can come instead…”

            “You’ll be fine.  It would be best if you saw Yoona alone, so you can talk it out,” Gyuri said.  She was proud of her boyfriend taking the initiative.  “Call her right now.”

            Taecyeon nodded in agreement and dialed the dreaded number.

-------

            Im Yoona was trying to figure out her day’s plans.  To be honest, there was nothing much.  Probably her mother set up another blind date.  Not another one.  She could not take it sometimes.  Those unnatural setups.  There was no one that could capture her heart like him…

RING

            Yoona immediately leapt out of her cozy bed and sped to her desk.  The number on the phone’s screen was unrecognizable, but it could be another one of her “friends” or suitors.  Taking a deep breath, she reluctantly answered the phone.  The voice on the other line surprised her.

            “Im Yoona.”

            She immediately recognized the owner’s voice, “Ok Taecyeon is it really ou?”

            “Yes.  I would like to see you-“

            “Oh!  That sounds great!”  Yoona was giddy.  Her heart was fluttering. “Meet me  in two hours at All Day Café.  Good.  See you soon!”

            Once she said those words, she instantly hung up.  She needed to know what to wear today.  A skirt and blouse?  Pants and a t-shirt?  A dress?  She needed to know.  After all, she was meeting with the Ok Taecyeon.  Sure her mother arranged it before, but that did not work well.  Now this was her chance. 

            However, was he with that girl from the last time?  She heard stories about them.  It was somewhat scandalous.  The rich young bachelor prince of society dating a low commoner girl.  Despite that, Taecyeon wanted to meet her today.  That could be a sign that he was over with that girl.  It could be time that he was finally being reasonable.  How could anyone resist Yoona?

            With those thoughts floating in her mind, she proceeded to her closest, tossing all the possible outfits for today.