First Date

Please Stay

 

            “You looked fine with the last outfit, I don’t see what’s wrong,” Hara sighed while sitting on Gyuri’s bed.

            “Yeah, but I want this to be… superb, fantastic, and possibly perfect.  A goddess needs to maintain her beauty,” Gyuri smirked at her best friend.

            Since Gyuri finished her graduate classes at the university, Hara rushed to Gyuri’s apartment for tonight’s date with Taecyeon.  Normally, Gyuri did not get excited for things like this, but this was different.  Sure she had seen and been with Taecyeon numerous times, but this was their first official date.  She felt she was back in high school again.  However, it was different.  The butterflies roaming in her stomach.  Words lost.  Mind scattered. She was the nervous one this time.  It was a new, but good feeling.

            “I think this is the one,” Gyuri posed in front of the mirror.  She turned and changed her angles.  She needed to guarantee that this was it. 

            Hara threw her hands in the air for victory.

-------

            “I can’t help, but to say you look gorgeous, Gorgeous,” Taecyeon was in awe.  From the moment he picked her up at her apartment, he was full of complements.  Who could blame him?  She was beyond stunning.

            Gyuri smiled and twirled in light blue spaghetti strap dress.  It was perfectly cut, the dress showed off her assets.  y, but classy at the same time.  Her legs were long and smooth like never-ending silk.  Her face was beyond words.  Flawless skin, lush lips, and mysterious sparkling eyes, Gyuri was something.  Definitely a show stopper.

            “What can I say, I was born like this,” she teased as her fingers grazed his cheek.  Furiously blushing, Taecyeon could not hide the happiness on his face.  Touching the same area, he smiled back and held her hand.

            “Well you look perfect, especially for tonight.  I think you’ll like the restaurant I chose,”  Taecyeon said.

            “I think you have good taste.  After all, you are dating me,” Gyuri confidently grinned.

            “That’s for sure.  Here we are,” Taecyeon stopped walking.  They were at the edge of Hys Gates.  Resembling an old fashioned castle, Hys Gates was surrounded by nature.  Trees and flowers covered every green possible.  At the front, there was a large pond adjacent to a waterfall that played rushed, but peaceful music.  A large window allowed walkers to view the grand interior of the restaurant.  Everything about Hys Gates was fantastic.

            “Seriously, I knew you would choose well, but this is one of the best places in town,” Gyuri gasped.  Her hand almost covered , but she stopped herself before she could unveil her true shock.

            “I guess you already like the date,” Taecyeon chuckled.  He later reminded himself to give his secretary, Seungyeon, a bonus for this recommendation.  Just seeing Gyuri’s shock was priceless.  However, she deserved the best of the best.

            Slapping Taecyeon’s arm, Gyuri responded, “I loved the date since you asked.”

-------

            “I can’t believe some people,” Taecyeon fumed as he pulled Gyuri out of the restaurant.

            What started out great went sour.  When Gyuri and Taecyeon arrived, they were quite noticeable.  How could they not be?  Both were a good looking couple.  Him, tall and handsome in a dark grey suit.  Her, beautiful and curvy in her blue dress.  People whispered their opinions of  how stunning, they were.  Not only were they attractive, they were attracted to each other.

            It was not like they were all over each other, but they were affectionate.  While waiting for their table, Taecyeon set this hands around her waist.  Gyuri responded by wrapping her arms inside his jacket, ending up in a hug.  Their eyes met, as their heads crooked to the perfect angles.  Lost in banter and conversation, they enjoyed each other’s company.  They gained more and more attention.  However, they did not fully notice yet.

            Once they sat at a table, they were at the corner of the restaurant.  Sitting across from one another, they continued talking and holding each other’s hands.  Meanwhile, more and more patrons were watching them, mainly because of Taecyeon.  Amongst their observers, few were connecting the pieces and figuring out who Gyuri was based on the rumors.  Unfortunately, the couple was the elephant of the room because of the Taecyeon-Gyuri-Yoona triangle.  Someone confronted it.

            “Hello Taecyeon, you haven’t met me yetm but I am Mr. Im.  I’ve had the pleasure of knowing your family,” a tall suited man towered their table.

            Taecyeon immediately stood up and gave a ninety degree bow,” Good evening Mr. Im, It’s nice to meet you.”  Could it get more awkward?

            Slowly turning his attention, Mr. Im asked, “Might I ask who is this with you?”

            Before Taecyeon could say anything, Gyuri took the reins.  Elegantly standing up from her seat, she gracefully bowed.  “Hi Mr. Im, my name is Park Gyuri.  It’s a pleasure to meet you.”  Accompanied with a handshake and smile, it was difficult not be charmed. “Mr. Im, if you don’t mind me asking, do you own Im Textiles?”

            “Why yes Ms. Park.  I’m shocked that you know about my business.  Not everyone knows has an idea about it.”

            From Gyuri and Mr. Im’s engaging conversation, Taecyeon observed at first like many of the others observing this scene.  Instead of criticizing, judging, or whispering about her; he was amazed.  Gyuri was really like a goddess.  With her expressive hand motions, savy words, and fantastic charisma, she knew how to hold herself.  Even Mr. Im seemed to enjoy her company.  Gradually, Taecyeon joined in, and by the time Mr. Im left, both had a smile on their faces.

            Grabbing Gyuri’s hand again, Taecyeon whispered, “You’re really awesome you know that?”

            Giggling back, Gyuri responded,  “Of course after all my nicknames include goddess and Aphrodite.”

            Even though they conquered one surprise in their date, they still felt slightly uncomfortable.  Everyone wanted some kind of drama, so they constantly watched the couple.  For Gyuri, she appeared to be ignoring most of it.  Her actions showed no sign of irritation.  She practiced well though years of experience.  Since she was a child, she dealt with unwanted attention.  Besides, she wanted to maintain her posture.  However, Taecyeon was ticking away.  Despite his status and reputation since youth, he never fully adjusted to their cons.  Especially since the Yubin incident, Taecyeon wanted to avoid any bad attention and intrusions of privacy.  He hated it when strangers joined in the more intimate moments of his life.

            Unfortunately, that was going to be tested when a couple of spoilt rich boys around Taecyeon’s age staggered to them.  Accompanied with them were a group of women dressed in skimpy cheap clothing.  Everyone in that group reeked of something, who knows what.

            “Hey everyone!  It’s Taecyeon!  Long time no see,”  the first individual, Lee Minho otherwise known as Boom, hollered.

            Being polite, Taecyeon greeted them back and was hoping they would leave.  However, the rowdy crowd stuck around and added fuel to the fire.  Meanwhile, the second male, Shin Donghee or Shindong, was greasily eyeing Gyuri.  She paid him no attention, and continued holding Taecyeon’s hand.  That was until one of the women started Taecyeon’s shoulders, making him squirm.  He tried to stop her, but she still carried on.

            “You have quite the muscles, Taec,” Hyorin purred close to his ear.

            Gyuri was not going to let this slide.

            “Please stop touching him.  He is obviously uncomfortable,” Gyuri asserted.

            “It’s not like you’re his girlfriend.  Everyone knows what’s going on,” the intruder snipped back.

            A combination of wanting a piece of Gyuri, being under the influence, and acting stupid, Boom announced, “Ladies, how about we stop the hate.  Let’s just love each other… If you know what I mean…” He jerked his head at Gyuri.

            Immediately jumping from his seat, Taecyeon roared, “You apologize to Gyuri.”

            Laughing at him, Boom said, “What can’t take a joke?”

            “Who said it was a joke,” Shingdong  nudged his obnoxious stooge.

            Taecyeon was ready to utilize his fists, but one of the waiters stopped him.

            “Mr. Ok, Mr, Shin, Mr. Lee, please resume your dispute outside of this eatery.”

            Shocked, Taecyeon questioned, “Seriously?  Did you not hear the comments these morons made towards this lady?  They should be kicked out of here.  My girlfriend and I have been trying to have dinner, but everyone here has been staring and whatever at us.  How do you expect us to feel comfortable?”

            “Mr Ok, you should expect this for you and your friend.”

            Now here they were, in his car.  Taecyeon took a deep breath and turned to Gyuri, “I’m sorry for tonight.  I wanted to take you somewhere nice.  Somewhere for us to enjoy.  I didn’t think all those people would be starting at us like we’re some kind of soap opera.  I’m sorry for those morons.  I’m sorry for exploding-“

            “Don’t worry Taec.  You have nothing to apologize about.  Now stop being a perfectionist,” Gyuri smiled at him.  It was quite radiant, just like her.  “Wanna walk around?”

            “Sure,” Taecyeon smiled back.

            Walking around Myeongdong, they blended in with the crowd.  Like many couples, they were affectionate like love sick puppies.  Taecyeon wrapped his hands her.  Gyuri clenched onto his left arm.  Once and while, they stopped by stores and browsed.  Then Gyuri paused.

            “The arcade?”  Taecyeon was surprised.  He loved the arcade, but did not expect her to like it too.

            Gyuri nodded her head eagerly.

            “You read my mind,” Taecyeon flashed a toothy grin, as Gyuri dragged him inside.

            After Taecyeon paid for their tokens, they played countless games.  From PacMan to fir person shooting, they were having a blast of fun.  Unexpected, but wasn’t many things for them unexpected?  Taecyeon did not even think, he would win the tiny mouse stuff toy, Mick, for Gyuri.

            “You let me win,” Gyuri slapped his arm with the mouse toy after the tenth round of racing.

            “Who said that?”  Taecyeon laughed.

            “Yeah, you’re right.  Maybe you just at driving,” Gyuri joked.

            “Hey,” Taecyeon playfully pouted, “Are you hungry?”

            “Starving.”

            “How about we grab some hot bowls of ramen at the park?  It’s great!”

 

-------

 

            A few minutes later, they arrived a tiny green and white tent, that was packed with hungry customers.  A tiny old women stepped away from the stove, and waved for Taecyoen to come to her.  Bowing back, Taecyeon walked to her, so he could hug her.

            “Hi ahjumma!” Taecyeon hugged tight.

            “Oh Taecyeon, I told you to call me halmoni.  I’m too old to be an ahjumma,”  the little lady chuckled.

            Releasing the tall man from his strong grip, the lady motioned Gyuri to come to the kitchen too.  When Gyuri arrived, she bowed down too, but was pulled into a hug.

            “Call me halmoni or Granny Kim.  You’re such a beautiful girl.  Taecyeon!  How come you never brought her here?”  Granny Kim asked.

            “Hi ahjumma, my name is Park Gyuri.  I see you have many customers, do you need any assistance?”

            Granny Kim pulled back from the hug and scanned Gyuri from head to toe like a protective mother.  Nodding her head, Granny Kim brought the hands of Taecyeon and Gyuri together.

            “You got a good catch.  A keeper, don’t lose her my son,”  Granny Kim advised.  Turning away from them, she reached for two large Styrofoam bowls and chopsticks.  Grabbing a large portion of noodles, vegetables, and barbequed chicken, she topped it off by pouring hot steaming spicy broth inside.  Then she handed both bowls to the couple.

            “Have something to eat.  You both look starving,  I recommend that you sit at the benches at the center of the park.  There are not many people there,”  Granny Kim placed her hand on Taecyeon’s shoulder, “Since I’ve known this boy, he’s always hounded  by people.  You need space.  By the way, these are on the house.”

            “No no, ahjumma, it’s okay,” Taecyeon tried to hand her money, but she refused.  Instead, he slipped it into her purse.

            “Please ahjumma, you’re always too understanding and kind,” Taecyeon pleaded, “Thank you for all of this.”

            “No problem, have fun on your date!” Granny Kim waved, as the couple left the tent, waving back.

            Moments later, they were at the center of the park.  Despite the fountain in the middle and the surrounding of trees, bushes, and flowers; there were not many people there.  It was s shame, since the sights were so beautiful to mankind.  Yet, that meant more time for the couple.  Sitting down at the fountain, they shoveled down their noodles and had their usual fun, flirty as usual.  Once they finished their meals, they layed down on the grass.  Taecyeon held his arms around her.  Gyuri squeezed his waist.

            “Gorgous, how did you enjoy this so far?”  Taecyeon asked as his hands roamed through her golden locks.

            Shifting her eyes towards him, she grinned, “Fantastic.  So tonight when you said I was your girlfriend… What did you mean?”

            “Did that bother you?  I’m sorry-“

                        “Who said I was bothered?”  Gyuri smirked.  Rolling on to her stomach, she inched closed to his face.  She pecked his lips.  He had a glossy cupid bow mark.  Taecyeon smirked as he squeezed her waist closer.  Their bodies touched.  Not even the thinnest magazine could slide in between them.  Pecking her lips, she pecked back.  This continued until, he rolled on top of her.  Then he deepened their kiss.  Hands roamed around their bodies and hair.  They were lost in each other’s arms.