It was Time

It Was Time (A LESol Short)

Solji looks at the girl in front of her silently, watching her have fun at the funfair. She knew her partner's fear of rides but she wanted her to enjoy the fun of amusement parks so she compromised and took her out to a funfair by the beach. It was no mean the exciting date as she would have wished for, the chance to hold her partner's hands during a thrilling ride or to hear her shout in fear at a haunted house before clinging onto each other in a hurry, so on and so forth. But a little outing to a less thrilling event was just as good. she had got to see the smile she loves hanging on the person she loves, the laughter and giggles that happens whenever they won something from the games. It was small moments like these that made her realize that maybe small gentle outings like these weren't so bad after all.

As she watches her lover winning the 8th game stall in a row, she patted the excited little bean who was hugging the teddy bear she had just won. She was thankful she had brought Hyojin along for this trip. She was almost afraid Hyojin would have turned down the invitation to attend a private birthday celebration with her but Hyojin who needed some time off from composing took up the offer happily when she heard that they would be going alone.

Silently, Solji sends a mental thanks for the other members' busy schedules. Hyojin would never in a million years act so adorable in public especially if there were people she knew and that included the other members who would for it. She was the only one Hyojin would show her pure, innocent charm to and at a private party like this where they could go on their date alone, undisturbed, she was eternally grateful.

As the day was slowly coming to an end, Solji took Hyojin to a corner of the beach which she had requested her friend to set up a private viewing booth for her. Hyojin was taken aback by the lavish decorations and preparations. The tent had a small open bar, a huge quality carpet in the middle of it all with a large sofa with a sleek glass table on top of it. Solji smiled at the surprised look on her girl's face and quickly dismissed the bartender who had just finished mixing a line of drinks for them and the servant who had helped lead them to the tent.

She slowly led the still in shock Hyojin to the sofa and grabbed a pair of drinks for the both of them. The two of them cuddled together on the sofa in a warm embrace as they watched the sunset slowly faded away in the horizon. As the night started setting in, the fairy lights prepared lit up in response and bedazzled the tent into a wonderland which left Hyojin in further shock at the dreamland she was placed in.

It was a sudden appearance but the Birthday figure appeared from the darkness outside the warmly lit tent and Solji got up to greet the lone figure with appreciation for her request being met. As Hyojin shyly hid behind the Sofa and waited for Solji to return, she was suddenly approached by Solji with a serious look and the other 3 members, Hani, Hyelin and Jeonghwa suddenly behind Solji. Suddenly, the speakers which were playing soothing melodies stopped and silence spread across the tent. Before she could react, Solji got down on a knee and took out a pair of small ring boxes.

It was two pairs of rings with one box labelled engagement and another labelled wedding. Both pairs of rings were shining under the fairy lights and the question popped. "With our three little gremlins members as witnesses to my sincerity and love for you, Will you marry me?" Hyojin was speechless. They had been working together for 7 years and dating for the past 2 years. They had gone through tough times together, supporting each other as teammates at first then as a family over the time passed. But she never would have thought the question would pop up.

Solji looked at Hyojin earnestly, awaiting the reply. She had been in love with the woman before her for the longest of time, falling deeper in love with her every day and night. It was during their dating period when she had fallen ill and Hyojin had never once thought of leaving her or taking a break from their relationship that made her determined to recover as soon as she could. It was the care, warmth and support that Hyojin showered her with during her recovery period that made her decide that this woman was the one she will marry when she has recovered. The woman who had shown her love and affections, sides that she would show nobody and never thought of leaving her when she was down and out. That was the woman she loved and now she kneels before her with the question she had long been waiting to ask.

As the 3 members held the bouquets of flowers and gifts excitedly in their white dresses that Solji had requested them to wear, they nodded furiously at the speechless Hyojin staring at everything.

Hyojin was overwhelmed by the situation but when she looked into the eyes of the one before her, she slowly nodded and agreed. She had never imagined that this day would come let alone in such a shocking style. She almost cried as she watched Solji place one of the engagement rings on her and she did the same to Solji with trembling hands. When the rings were exchanged, they both embraced each other with the members cheering excitedly. Suddenly firework went off in the distance and under the moonlight, the two kissed and the members who knew their places took their leave.

The members sent their congrats as they left the tent and headed towards the night funfair on the main area of the beach and LESol took a seat back on the sofa. The two watched the cooling night scene before them with the gentle breeze calming their excited minds and their hands intertwined for hours before they headed back into the fun fair to join the other members.

The End. ♡