sincerely.

To Minatozaki Sana

Dear Minatozaki,

 

I’ve always hated you. 

From the moment you stepped into my first period class, I could taste bitter sweetness in my mouth.

You were kind of clumsy, practically tripping yourself in front of the entire class as you attempted to walk up and introduce yourself. Everyone laughed and were whispering about how cute you were.

They were praising you like an angel.

After your attempt to greet your class with your Korean, I had the absolute pleasure of you sitting next to me. Fun.

You attempted to talk to me constantly. Always   stuttering on your words and grammatically incorrect phrasing.

I cannot put into words how thrilled I was when you finally halted your pesky shots towards me.

Finally, I successfully avoided your endearing and confident personality. The person in you that could make anyone crumble despite your flawed Korean sentences. 

I was able to ignore your smiles and laughter that lightened anybody’s day. I was able to ignore the look of focus when you’re doing your work. I was able to ignore the saddened stares you’d throw at me - for whatever reason I still don’t understand. I was able to ignore the feeling that started to grow as the days past whenever I was around you.

Then, I guess you finally got sick of me, and requested that the teacher moved you elsewhere. Probably somewhere next to your friends.

I guess he kind of obliged, but you weren’t moved that far from me. Just one row ahead and to the right. Far enough where I couldn’t smell your intoxicating smell of roses, but close enough where I didn’t have to turn my head to see you covering your mouth and covering that beautiful smile of yours.

I usually got along with most of my classmates, the only source of distaste was from you, but, for whatever reason, I started to hate the guy you now sat next to.

All his attempts at jokes had you dying of laughter, even during the quietest moments of class. One time, I saw you blushing at a dumb pickup line he threw at you. I could only scoff quietly to myself. I could’ve done better.

When the end of the year came, signaling the end of me having to deal with you and your boy toy, the feeling in my stomach was estatic. Honestly, I couldn’t stop counting the days til I no longer had to see you two together every morning. 

Seriously, I was sick and tired of seeing you two shamelessly flirt with one another in the hallways. It made me sick to the stomach. 

Next year, we surprisingly didn’t get any classes together. Not that it mattered to me or anything.

Though, I must congratulate you for making the cheer team and later being elected as the captain. Your hard work over summer really set you up towards the right path.

I remember seeing you do your tricks with your friends  across the street, I couldn’t help laugh to myself when you three tumbled down the horribly made pyramid.

You know, I didn’t think I could hate you more until that stupid jock asked you to be his girlfriend. You could do so much better, I practically threw up in my mouth when I saw you say yes. 

What’s even worse is how you roam the halls with him. Filling up my senses with just you and your roses. I thought the boy had to walk the girl to her classes, not the other way around? 

Does that dimwit not know how to treat a lady or something? 

That same dimwit also happens to share all of my classes, so now I would see you for at least two minutes every period. 

I would see your cute smile for a total of fourteen minutes everyday. I would see the angelic aura you radiate. I would see perfection.

I hate you for making me feel these feelings, Minatozaki Sana. 

For the first time in a long time, I felt pain and anguish towards others who were close to you. I felt jealousy towards not being the one by your side. I felt heartbroken that I lost my chance with you. 

I felt loved.

 

Sincerely, 

Kim Dahyun

 

[][][]

A/ N - idk where i was going with this lol? 

i’m back i guess. sorry. school and procrastination has been stressing me out. i needed to lighten the load from myself, so i died on the majority of my social media’s.