Four

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just like the deep and shallow expectations between us. Perhaps, it’s all misunderstanding.

[Fahrenheit – Misunderstanding]

 

“You’re couple with Sana, unnie?”

 

Chaeyoung ran to the living room to look at Tzuyu unbelievably, left the tofu that she was frying. hung open. The info that she just got nearly unbelievable to her mind.

 

“You’d burn it.” Tzuyu hummed, her eyes still locked at history book.

 

Chaeyoung seem didn’t care. “You really in one group with Sana? THAT Sana?”

 

Because she couldn’t focus anymore, Tzuyu looked up and looked at Chaeyoung with her squinted eyes. “Is there any other Sana? Come on, just fried the tofu. We gonna be late.”

 

Still not believe it, Chaeyoung back to the kitchen while shook her head. “Unbelievable and unnie agreed it?”

 

“Hey,” Tzuyu called her. Even her sister thought that way.

 

“I mean, wasn’t Sana always with Dahyun? Why this time they want to be separated?” Chaeyoung asked as she flipped the golden fried tofu.

 

“Don’t think about it.” Tzuyu put inside her books, then glanced to the basket in front of her that full of breads. “Why is this become so many?”

 

“Oh, we sold out yesterday stock and many students still ask about it, so Gong Min ahjumma requested a hundred of breads.” Chaeyoung answered as she walked with her hands held a plate full of tofu, and then sat next to Tzuyu.

 

Tzuyu nodded, then looked at Chaeyoung who now was taking some rice to her plate. For this year, Chaeyoung sell the bread made by their neighbor at school canteen. It’s not much, but it could help them to pay the house rent and Chaeyoung could save the money for sudden needs. Tzuyu never asked, but she was sure that the amount was more than enough to buy a smartphone, which wasn’t important to her sister.

 

Tzuyu took the plate from Chaeyoung, took two pieces of tofu then feed it to along with the rice. Back then, Tzuyu ever forbid Chaeyoung to sell breads. Their status as scholarship students is more than enough to be teased by their friends, add more a bread seller as their new title. But, Chaeyoung didn’t care about it. She did it happily, in order to press their parents money that decrease more and more after their parents died.

 

For a girl at her age, Chaeyoung was really mature. She didn’t cry when their parents died in a car accident three years ago. She didn’t mad too at the person who caused the accident who said that he could pay all the payment until they finished study in senior high school.

 

Three years ago, the person who caused the accident of their parents registered them to Seoul High School. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung got scholarship. They got subsided for school fee paid from rich students.

 

Almost two years after the tragedy, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu lived with their uncle and aunt—the only relative that want to look after them. Even though they never told it, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung knew that their uncle and aunt were having difficulties for raising them along with their five kids. Finally Tzuyu and Chaeyoung decided to rent a small house to live together. If only their parents know the important thing of insurance, maybe they could live better.

 

Suddenly, Tzuyu had hard time to swallow. The rice stuck in . Why did she have to remember all of this?

 

“Why, unnie?” asked Chaeyoung.

 

“Nothing.” Tzuyu reached the glass then drank it to help the rice went down. “You have practice after school?”

 

“Nope.” Chaeyoung shook her head. “I already told the coach for having practice before the school start and when the break time.”

 

Tzuyu nodded. Even though Chaeyoung was a year younger than her, her sister was really make her proud. Beside pretty and good in sport, everybody likes her. Not like Tzuyu who like being alone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter