Final

Momo Hirai, You Coward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

The moment Momo laid her eyes on Mina, the white dress gracefully flowing down to the floor, her revealed, she wanted to stop time and rewind it.

 

Rewind it back to do things differently, to say things differently. A time where it was once just about her and Mina. Innocent and in love. Not tainted by the thoughts of society. Not by the status of class, and by the wealth of money.

 

She wanted to rewind it, to the time where she and Mina would squeeze together under one umbrella to keep warm and dry from the rain, obviously too busy goofing around to fully stay dry.

 

To the time where she would endlessly play the crane machine, determined to win Mina something, until Mina dragged her away by the hand.

 

To the moment she first laid eyes on Mina, cliché high school first love, where Mina walked into room 2B Momo’s dreaded least favorite subject, history.

 

A time where she wasn’t looking at Mina, looking so elegant and so soft, about to marry someone that wasn’t her.

 

She knocked on the slightly opened door with her knuckle to get the attention of everyone that she was entering the room.

 

She saw Mina turn around, and her heart sank into the deepest pit of her stomach, hoping to hide away from the reality that was about to become.

 

She clenched her jaw together, and managed to force a smile onto her face.

 

She noted, that nothing thus far, has ever hurt as much as forcing that smile onto her face.

 

“Wow.” Momo swallowed the dryness in , trying to mask away her hurt. “You…you look beautiful Mitang.” Momo’s heart ached echoes inside her hallow chest.

 

She saw the glisten in Mina’s eyes, as she smiled, the pink blush filling in her cheeks.

 

“Ah thank you, I hope Jeong thinks so too.” Mina seemed unsure.

 

Momo took a sharp inhale. “She will.”

 

She better.

 

Mina stepped closer to Momo, locking eyes with her. “Do you really think so?”

 

Momo nodded, “Of course. Why wouldn’t she?”

 

I know I do.  

 

Momo took another deep breath, breaking eye contact she looked at the floor for a quick second. “I won’t be able to stay long. I’m sorry. I’ll probably be heading out soon. Just wanted to say my congrats.”

 

Mina pursed her lips together, she wanted to say “I understand.” But all she did was nod.

 

“MINA!!” The two were interrupted by the swarm of girls that grabbed Mina by the arm pulling her into a group hug of shouting, laughing, and tears of happiness.

 

“Only a few more hours until you become Yoo Mina!” The hollers echoed in the room.

 

They all poured champagne into a glass and Mina mostly just let out half embarrassed laughs. Her eyes moving to the corner to where Momo was every so often.

 

At this point it was like Momo had a hanger stuck in , the smile wasn’t natural but it was enough. It was enough to hide away the fact that she wanted to tell Mina. “Don’t do this. I love you.”

 

But she couldn’t.

 

All she could do was sit there silently, as she watched Mina celebrate with her friends. How did it end up like this, why did it end up like this?

 

The consequence of her fear began to seek her out the day she received the wedding invitation.

 

“You’re invited! Attend the wedding of Mina Myoui and Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

The words made her mind numb. She hated herself for losing someone, as special, as Myoui Mina.

 

“Momo?” Mina’s voice called her back into reality.

 

“Huh…oh?” There was a glass of champagne that Mina held in front of her.

 

“Would you like a glass?” Mina’s gentle smile displayed itself.

 

Momo finally smiled more genuinely in return for the first time that night. “I’m okay. But thank you.”

 

“Please? Just a glass.” Mina let out a small pout, enough to make Momo cave in.

 

She slid the glass around her hand, attempting to grab it without touching Mina’s. But there she was failing as their fingers lightly grazed against each other. Sending the same tingle down her spine it always did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter