Him

"Face"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I don't want to do this anymore."

Mark said as he slumped on the table where books, and papers are scattered.

He heard his bestfriend's grunt. "Gosh, Mark. You always say that yet I am the one who's failing and not you." 

Mark lifelessly rose his head up to look at Jackson who is tirelessly reading page after page of the book he borrowed a while ago. The chinese is also hitting his head with the pen he's holding as if he's trying to knock something out from his brain.

Without any word, Mark pushed his notebook which contains his assignment towards Jackson. The latter looked at it for a brief moment before turning at him and mouthed thanks.
 

Mark is in his second year of studying law - a course he unwillingly took because of his mother.

She loves him alright. She loves him too much that she can't even let him face the consequences of making his own decisions. In a few months, Mark will be turning twenty-three and still, everything he will do, he needs to consult his mom first.

Mark is a firm believer that a person won't learn anything without making a mistake. But his mom just won't let him make one.

 

"By the way, you're coming with me right?"

Jackson, already done copying his assignment gave Mark "the look". The look which says, "Do I even have any choice?"

"I knew your kindness is asking for something else." Jackson remarked.

"You're the best!"
 

*:.,..:*:,..,..:*.:

 

"Can you please hurry just a bit, Jackson? We're running behind!"

Mark shouted at his bestfriend once more while running literally, pushing some people in their way, and apologizing right after. Jackson on the other hand is having a hard time keeping up with his pace while holding two paperbags on both his hands. Mark too is carrying two paperbags. But he is desperate. In a minute, the gates will open and he'll finally be a step closer to seeing him again.

Mark muttered a curse as he almost spilled the smoothie he's holding while squeezing through the crowd who shares the same dream as his. In his head, Jinyoung's song Can't keeps on playing. He can't stand this anymore.

Finally they had their spot on the line. Mark fixed himself a bit.He probably look like a mess. Jackson is beside him. "Can you hold this for a moment?" he gave the smoothie to his bestfriend. Mark needs to fix himself. He cannot let Park Jinyoung see him looking like a mess.

"Why did you even think of bringing a smoothie?" Jackson complained.

Mark didn't mind him.


 

"Does it hurt?" Jackson asked worriedly while staring at his swollen hands. It's even red.

Mark just rubbed his hands together hoping the color and the swelling will subside. "I am fine." He really is. He already got used to it. It happens everytime he touches something cold. It doesn't hurt though. It isn't normal but for Mark, it is. He had this since he was a kid.

But Mark never did learn. Just like what Jackson said, why did he ever think of bringing a smoothie and not using a handkerchief to hold it?

 

"NEXT!"

Mark instantly smiled as he saw that they are getting near him. Park Jinyoung. He is an actor. A singer. A dancer. A songwriter.

And the one who never fails to make his day.

Mark has been a fan of him for over a year now. He just happened to watch Jinyoung in Weekly Idol. And when Mark saw him taking off his shoes while struggling to dance in two times speed, he doesn't know how exactly, but he started falling for him.

Him and his savagery, cuteness. His love for his fans. His aegyo (tho he denies he has it). His beautiful voice. His eyes which crinkled everytime he smiles. His smile which he always try to cover when he laughs. Mark feels blessed each time he gets to see it.
 

Mark inhaled before finally approaching him. He has  always been in his fanmeetings and fansign events but this is the first time he will actually get to talk to Jinyoung. He is very lucky.

"Hi, Jinyoungie."

Mark covered his mouth as soon as he called the idol by this nickname he just made. Idiot. Mark scolded himself. Jinyoung is often called "Prince Nyoung". Mark has practiced it a couple of times before going on stage but his lips still chose to mutter "Jinyoungie" instead.

But the raven haired smiled. His radiant smile. The crinkles finally showing at the side of his eyes. And Mark felt really blessed witnessing this.

 

"Hi. . . Mark."

His eyes almost widened but Mark remembered, he is wearing a nametag. All of them are. Nothing special.

Still embarrassed, Mark gave him the plushie that he was holding. It is a pink peach. It has "Prince Nyoung" embroidered on it. Jinyoung read it and smiled some more.

Now Mark knows why the idol is covering his smile everytime. It's for the sake of those who might see it.

"I thought I am Jinyoungie to you?" he even teased. Mark's face is flustered right now. He should be talking more, Mark knows, but he just can't.

Jinyoung got one of his cd's. His third album: YOU  

"So I'll suppose I'll be signing this one for you." Mark just nodded, still unable to speak. When he was done, the male idol gave the album for him to take but when he was about to, Jinyoung reached for his hand.

That definitely made his heart stop beating. Those deep set brown eyes were full of concern. That's when Mark figured out what the latter is thinking. "What's with your hand? Is it... " Jinyoung stammered a bit. "I mean, are you okay?"

Mark smiled and covered his hand with the sleeve of his sweater. "Yeah. Yes I am." He finally received the album from the idol. "Thank you."
 

*:.,..:*:,..,..:*.:


 

Mark did enough reading for today. His eyes hurt already. So he put his glasses down. It's only meant for reading anyway. His vision is still fine.

He closed the book.
The Rule of Law by Thomas Bingham

Jackson lend this to him. But Mark thinks it's more of a burden to him since he needs to explain to the chinese tomorrow what he just read today.
 

Sitting back on his swivel chair, Mark's eyes landed on the paperbags that he brought home three days ago. He was so busy with law school that he didn't have time to check his merchs. They're mostly pillows and plushies anyways. He bought some eyemasks too.

God, Mark. You are gaga over your Jinyoungie.
 

Being a fanboy is a lot of work, another thing... it's kind of odd. What Mark meant was, usually male idols get fangirls. That's how it should be. But here Mark is, a legal adult who is fanboying over some male idol. But does he regret ever knowing of Park Jinyoung's existence? Well, his answer is no.

Mark got one of the paperbags and looked for the album his Jinyoungie gave him. Upon seeing it, his cheeks went warm. "Face" it is the title track of the album.

He played it on his laptop as he starts to sort out his merchs.

 

♫ ♬♫ ♬ Haven't heard about you lately,
No, for quite a long time ♫ ♬♫ ♬
 

Mark continued to sort each merch. He put some on his bed, those pillows and plushies.

♫ ♬♫ ♬ I was wondering how you're doing ♫ ♬♫ ♬

 

Just then, Mark heard a knock on his door.

"Mark, sweetie-" it's his mom. The moment she peeked through his door, she rolled her eyes. "Really now, Mark? You bought more?"

But Mark didn't bother to hide all of it. After all, if there's one more thing he loves about his mom, it is how she lets him fanboy over his Jinyoungie. Yes. She pressures him into going to law school but at least, she lets him have this one.

Mark just smiled guiltily at his mom.

"Anyway, dinner's ready. Come down in a bit, okay?"

He only nodded. She was about to leave his room when she stopped for a moment.

♫ ♬♫ ♬ You gotta know, now that we're here baby
There's too much to do... ♫ ♬♫ ♬

 

"Is that his new song?"

Mark smiled widely. "Yaaaassss."

She nodded of approval. "It sounds good." Of course it does.
 

*:.,..:*:,..,..:*.:


 

"Can you put on a smile please?"

 

Standing beside him is Jackson. They are in his Jinyoungie's second fansign event and it's held in Mokdong. He's promoting his third album so his schedule is fully packed.

Mark sighed once more as he stared enviously to the fans in front of the line. The lucky ones... Can this day get any worse???

To start it off, Mark just realized that he wasn't lucky enough to get the special photocard with Jinyoung's special message and drawing. Some of the albums given on his previous fansign event contains it. But his doesn't. Unlucky, right?

And now, Jackson and him were not able to be chosen to get on stage and talk to Jinyoung during the fansigning. Like what he thought, unlucky.

 

They were near the gates when some staff with a megaphone started announcing. "We will accomodate the next fifty fans in line to get on stage with Park Jinyoung!"

Jackson turned to him automatically and starts shaking him violently. "You heard that??? You'll meet your Jinyoungie again!"

Prince Nyoung. Say Prince Nyoung. Mark's mind told him. Never will he make the same mistake again.
 

*:.,..:*:,..,..:*.:


 

Mark is holding the scrapbook that he made. It's filled with Jinyoungie... he meant, Prince Nyoung's pictures. It is also filled with his messages for the said male idol.

As he approached him, Mark tried to calm himself down.

Jinyoung rose his hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter