Bargained Brother

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or the time Haneul tried to strike a deal with her parents about her new baby brother

 

Naeun was busy folding laundry when Haneul entered the living room. Her favorite stuffed animal was dangling from her hand and she had a determined look on her face. She sat on the couch next to her eomma and sighed loudly for her to hear. Naeun, however, already knowing that her daughter wanted something, pretended to ignore her and continued with her folding.

Haneul looked up curiously and when she saw that her eomma has not noticed her yet, she sat closer to her and sighed again, this time longer and louder.

Naeun fought the urge to laugh at her attention seeking daughter and tried to focus on the shirts she was folding.

Huffing in frustration, Haneul scooted closer, her face already leaning into her eomma’s shoulder. She groaned loudly.

But her eomma was able to keep a straight face and pretend she’s not there.

"Eomma!" the little girl finally exclaimed in frustration.

Naeun feigned a shock expression as she put down a pair of pants she was folding. "Oh my! Lee Haneul! Wass-eo?”

The little girl put her arms across her chest and rolled her eyes. "Duhh!"

Feeling as if she was staring at the mirror, she saw herself in her daughter. Her young self when she would roll her eyes at everyone and say no to everything. She finally couldn’t help but crack up. Smiling at her daughter, she pushed back the loose strands of hair on the little girl’s forehead. "What’s wrong, aegi-ah?"

"I don't like boys," she said, frowning.

"What did Oppa do this time?" her eomma asked, pursing her lips.

"No, not Oppa" She moved closer, looking around as if someone would hear then whispered, "My brother Junho."

Naeun’s brows knitted together in confusion. Haneul had been nothing but a good noona to her brother. She always fussed about wanting to be near him and even helping feed him. "Wae? Don’t you love your little brother? You said you wanted a baby sibling, right? It was your wish!"

The five year old scrunched her nose and shook her head. "Eomma, I asked for a sister, not a brother!"

Naeun chuckled. "Aegi-ah, a brother is also as good as a sister! Isn’t Junho super cute?"

"H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter