Office of Student Affairs Email Correspondence

Playback

Bettaowl: This is a supplement to Chapter 1: Red of “if this is for love, i'll try defying gravity.” There are mild spoilers, but this may also be read as a teaser for Red.


 

Office of Student Affairs <[email protected]>                                                                                                                                 5:08 AM (2 hours ago)

Dear Students,

As the community is all aware, our campuses have experienced unprecedented abnormalities over the course of the 20XX Spring semester. While there were minor disturbances to your overall learning experience, the school board believed these aberrations to be benign.

It is the administration’s deepest regret to inform you that the abnormal activities have surged in frequency, intensity, and magnitude overnight. These forces appear to be much more hostile than initially conceived.

At approximately 7:52 PM on X/XX/XX, within the Jaden Jeong Center (JJ) Building, students and faculty members within the immediate vicinity may have noticed a fluctuation in time and gravity, levitation of objects, and violent discharge of lights. The campus police arrived on the scene at around 8:10 PM to facilitate an urgent safety evacuation from the building. Several of our students have received minor injuries and are currently receiving proper treatment.

Unfortunately, due to the disruption in the power system, we do not have the security footage during the interval of time between 7:55 PM and 8:15 PM from the building’s video surveillance necessary to review the events as it had occurred. Please contact the authorities should you possess any firsthand footage. If you have any such recordings, the administration would appreciate your contribution to the investigation.

As of the time of this email, eyewitness accounts report a sudden outburst of light bulbs and glass shattering throughout the JJ Building, as evidenced on the first and second floors. There are numerous reports of a moving shadow within the glass pane.

The JJ Building will be closed over the next few days as we clear the premises of hazards and restore the building to its former condition.

We understand that this news is unexpected, as you may have had classes in the building. Classrooms will be temporarily relocated to vacancies throughout the West and East campuses. Contact your instructors for more information. Please be sure to monitor your student email for updates and plan accordingly.

Instructors should be contacting students soon on schedule revisions, as necessary. It is up to your instructor’s discretion on whether paranormal activities are an acceptable class absence. It is the student’s responsibility to attend class, and to notify the instructor should they have any difficulty accessing their classroom.

We encourage all students with disabilities to check that the new alternate locations meet their accessibility needs. Your instructor and Dean will be able to assist you should you request relocation.

The administration is unaware of the origin of these supernatural occurrences. We are in the process of contacting paranormal authorities and field specialists to assess our current situation. Students and faculty are expected to be mindful of these professionals.

IMPORTANT: Buildings and areas affected by the abnormal issues (so far) include:

West Campus

  • STEM Student Library
  • JJ Building
  • KYJ Theatre
  • LEH Pavillion
  • NA Music Hall
  • KH Garden
  • GS Dormitories

East Campus

  • YSH Gymnasium

Again, please be vigilant of the risks observed in these locations, including but not limited to:

  • Gravitational Abnormalities
  • Visual Hallucinations
  • Auditory Hallucinations
  • Dream Synchronizations
  • Spontaneous Combustions
  • Time Anomalies
  • Flickering Lights
  • Power Outages
  • Exploding Glass
  • Levitations/Moving Objects
  • Abrupt Weather Changes

REMINDER: Our latest policies effective as of X/XX/XX:

  • Do not attempt to communicate with unknown entities.
  • Do not attempt to chase and/or antagonize unknown entities.
  • Do not drop objects, lethal or otherwise, from buildings for any gravitational reasoning.
  • Do not set up unoccupied film cameras on campus for any gravitational reasoning.
  • Summoning any paranormal entity is strictly prohibited on campus.

Students are reminded that jeopardizing the safety of other students and faculty will result in immediate suspension.

Additional policies may be found listed on our university website under Section XX: Paranormal Entities. Please proceed with caution. We highly advise that students take the utmost care in avoiding paranormal-active areas.

We hope this information helps answer your questions as our office prepares personal responses.

The University will follow up with an email to campus with further details on the incident.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns about this process, or if you would like to report an event or sighting, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at [email protected].

Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Office of Student Affairs.

 


The Office of Student Affairs is located in the ground floor of the Mi-Seon Building on the Jaden Jeong University, Seoul, West campus. The Office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding university holidays.