The Chances

Reasons to Love You


A few days later, Jungkook still had no progress on talking to Y/N. He became more timid about it. Y/N know how to avoid him. She always hanging out or walking with Jisoo. Jungkook cannot approached her with Jisoo around. Jisoo knew him and his hyungs well. Kim Jisoo is Kim Seokjin’s little sister. If he caught Jungkook try to tackle Y/N, of course he will be killed by his Jin-hyung. Plus right now, Y/N is befriending the other girls, Rose, Lisa and Jennie. Those girls are really savage and know about him and his hyungs being playboys. Of course he and his hyungs never mark on them as their prey because of Jisoo. 


“Okay class, I will end today topic, but I want you to work on pairs, and you will be making a project on natural disaster. I want the assignment to be submitted to me in another three weeks, 20 pages essay. I will determine your partner, no exchanging partners” Mr. Choi Minho, our Geography teacher giving us assignment by pairs. Y/N really hope that her partner is a girl. At least she can get Jisoo as her partner. She does not want to be partner with the other classmates. Jisoo hold Y/N hand, knowing she is nervous about it. Mr. Choi is reading the name list and as the list goes on “…….Kim Jisoo is with Kim Han-bin, and lastly Min Y/N is with Jeon Jungkook. Okay class, I hope you can give me a good essay,” Mr. Choi end his class and walk out. Y/N just sighed and face-palmed herself. “Why out of the others, I have to be partner with that guy, Jisoo-ah,” she leaned her head on the desk, half-whining. Devastated. “I am really sorry for you Y/N-ah, Mr. Choi never lenient with us, if he say he doesn’t want to exchange partners, he really mean it, don’t worry honey, I am sure he will not messing with you after you give him the cold treatment that day,” Jisoo patted Y/N’s back. 


Jungkook feel very satisfied after Mr. Choi arranging the partners. He cannot believed his luck. He get to make an assignment with Y/N. He promised himself to court on Y/N this three week until she fall on him. After making sure all of his classmates left the room, Jungkook walks toward Y/N that still keeping her books in her bag. 


“Hey Y/N, I am your partner, do I need to introduce myself, I am Jeon Jungkook,” he smiled widely and presented his hand. Y/N just nodding slowly and shake his hand. “I know you, Jungkook-sshi,” Y/N answered coldly. She took her bag and walks away. Jungkook stopped her “Hey, don’t you don’t want to discuss about our assignment, we don’t have much time, I am very busy with other activities,” Jungkook also try to act cool around Y/N. “Okay, I see you such a busy man Jungkook-sshi, how about I do all the 20 pages of the assignment and then I submit it to Mr. Choi, don’t worry, I tell him that we two make the assignment, how’s that?” jaw dropped, Jungkook just stand astonished. He never expected that Y/N will say that. Shot! He must insists in making the assignment together.

“No way, do you think that I am that shameless? I am responsible on my grades too. Please, just work together with me. If you don’t want, I just tell Mr. Choi that you does not want to cooperate,” Jungkook just said it coolly. Y/N face-palming hard on her forehead, really do not expect such things happened to her. Usually peoples will be glad if she offered to make all the assignment. But this guy, he is relentless. Y/N really wants to argue more but the thought of Jungkook might telling Mr. Choi about her behavior making her scared. So, she give up, “Okay, how about we just collect the materials for the assignment first, then the day after tomorrow we will discuss it after the class, how is that Jungkook-sshi?” Y/N sighed as the result of her surrender. Jungkook just smiled widely, nodding his head and making “ok” sign and leaving Y/N when he saw Jisoo approaching them. 


Jungkook now walking wholeheartedly after win the arguments with Y/N. He really confident that he can make the nerdy girl fall in love with him in this three weeks. He will make sure this chances will not be waste away. Jungkook smile widely as the thought of Y/N and suddenly a pair of hands land on his shoulders. “Waaa, someone smile like a fool today. Are we getting a good news?” Jimin ruffled Jungkook’s hairs. “Say anything you want hyung. I don’t care. I really like your Audi hyung, can I get it?” Jungkook starting to tease Jimin. He looks confused. “Oh, do you want to borrow my Audi?” Jimin asked confusedly. “No hyung, I want it in my collection. Also I want Ferrari from Taehyung-hyung, hehehhe.” Jungkook boasted again. Jimin smacked his head with his book. “Yah you brat! You get to be close to her right? That is why you boasting right now”. Jimin knows Jungkook so well. “More than close hyung, I get to make an assignment with her for three weeks,” Jungkook jumped happily. “No way. You say you want to make this game fair right. Bring her to us,” Jimin said annoyedly. “Yeah, yeah, I will hyung, just don’t waste this chances”. Jungkook and Jimin sat on the bench at the park as to wait their friends. 


Taehyung, Jin, JHope, Yoongi and Namjoon walk to the park. Today they will be composing their songs that they working on the school projects. From afar they can see Jungkook and Jimin waiting at the usual spot. Out of the blue, Namjoon hear someone calling for him, he looks for the voice, and it is Jackson, his classmate. Namjoon excuse himself and walks to Jackson. “Wae yo Jackson?” Namjoon asked his classmate. “Do you forget today we have discussion in art club?” Jackson asked seriously. Namjoon just smacked his head remembering the meeting. As the Art Club President he just forget about today meeting. “Aigoo, I forgot about it Jackson-ah. Thanks for reminding me. Lucky I have a vice president as you”. Namjoon praised Jackson sincerely while Jackson just smiled slightly. “You wait for a second, I want to talk to my friends over there that I have a meeting,” Namjoon walks to his friends. After a while he walk back towards Jackson.


“So they are ok with your meeting Joon?” Jackson asked. “Yep, they are ok with that, plus Yoongi can manage the song that we are making now,” Namjoon explain to Jackson. He know that his friend is worried for him. Jackson is also his good friend although they seldom hang out together because Jackson also have another music band that he is working on too. Suddenly Namjoon’s thought was interrupted by someone singing. “But sometimes I just want somebody to hold, someone to give me the jacket when it’s cold, got the young love even we old…….” 


“Ops sorry Joon, my phone ring tone”. Jackson just answer his phone. Namjoon really like the song but he curious about the singer. It is obviously not the real singer that singing that song. Jackson just hang up his phone. “Who is the singer of your ringtone Jackson-ah? I really like her voice.” Namjoon asked him curiously. “Oh, it is my little sister. I also like her voice, so I record it while we sing”. Jackson explained. “Wa, you never tell me you have a sister. I really like her voice Jackson-ah. You really have to introduce her to me. Who knows we can record a song together. Her voice really sooth me”. Namjoon cringed dryly. “Nah, she is not my blood sister. She is my cousin but I regard her as my own sister. As you know, my parents live abroad, so now I live with her family. I cannot introduce her to you Joon-ah, she is very shy.” Jackson talks while sitting down on the chair in the meeting room. “Can I have that song, Jackson?” Namjoon asks carefully as he does not want Jackson thinks badly about him. He really like that voice, nothing more. Jackson just nodded his head and shared the song with him.

 
Y/N walks home with Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa and Rose. She is quiet and does not talk much because of the stupid assignment. She really cannot focus on the other chats with the girls. Jisoo saw Y/N worries. “Y/N-ah, are you still sad about your assignment with Jungkook?” Jisoo asked caringly. Y/N just nodded her head wearily. “Yes Jisoo-ah, I even offer him to make the whole assignment, but he does not agree and wants to tell Mr. Choi about it. I have to make the assignment with him. It is stressful Jisoo-ah”. Y/N whined sadly. “Oh-no, Y/N have to be partner with that Jungkook guy? Y/N-ah you better be careful with him. Did Jisoo tell you already?” Lisa asked while looking at Jisoo. Jisoo just nodded her head. “I have told her that brat is playboy, don’t you worry Lisa-ah,” Jisoo patted Y/N back. She really does not want Y/N to become Jungkook’s victim. “Don’t worry Y/N. If he do something bad to you, I and Rose will kick his for sure. We have taken a taekwondo class”. Jennie interrupted the chats. Rose smiled widely as she mention about kicking Jungkook’s . “Yes, I really hate him. He make my cousin Eunji heartbroken. He make her fall in love with him and left her, that brat is really making me want to kill him”. Rose exclaimed angrily. Y/N just shocked and shake her head. She cannot believed that Jungkook is really that cruel. Playing with people’s heart. Y/N just really thought that she will be extra careful with that guy.