Blame it on the Alcohol

Blame it on the Alcohol

 

Blame it on the Alcohol

10:00

Silence was how Kibum liked it. There was nothing better than silence to him, other than books. Books were his favorite companions.  Other than a certain Heechul hyung. But you would never hear him say that aloud, oh no. To hear Kibum speak his feelings at all is like finding water in the Sahara desert. Exceptionally rare. But then, if not for these feelings of his, he wouldn’t have allowed himself to be dragged halfway across town to a club by a rather over-enthusiastic Heechul. It really wasn’t his fault that Heechul’s ual frustrations were getting the better of him again, but he was the only one who was willing to put up with his moodiness.

 

Kibum winced as the lights pulsed again. Honestly, Heechul just had to pick the loudest, most seizure-inducing club in town. He watched as Heechul danced quite suggestively against some girl wearing a short blue dress (Please excuse his language; the lights are giving him a headache). He watched as Heechul glanced in his direction, giving him a seductive smile, running his tongue on his bottom lip as Kim Heechul does. He left the girl, coming closer, beckoning him…

Kibum blinked as the lights flashed again. First headaches, now hallucinations?

It’s possible. Heechul was always the promiscuous one…but never towards me. Only towards Leeteuk hyung, Han Geng hyung…why never me?


Heechul shifted as Kibum shook his head, blinked, and looked away. He knew Kibum was watching him. Honestly, how much more ually allusive could he be!? That kid could be hit in the face with a romantic advance and still not recognize what was going on. And now, Heechul was stuck grinding up against some girl who couldn’t even compare with his level of beauty (or ego, for that matter). A little more than angry, Heechul was at his last straw.

The crowd was disgruntled as Heechul roughly pushed through heading in Kibum’s basic direction, leaving behind resentful dancers and one very confused girl.


Kibum blinked again as he saw Heechul shoving people around, coming towards him.

Oh dear lord, protect me from this monster that approaches-

Wait. Praying is Siwon’s job.

 “Hyung, what are you doing?” Kibum asked, shrinking back from the approaching storm. “Uh…are you all right?”

“Do I look alright to you?” Heechul hissed angrily.

Yes. More than alright in fact, more like amazingly gorgeous.“No.” Kibum swallowed nervously.

“Up, up! Get up!” Heechul grabbed his wrist and began dragging him to the V.I.P rooms, perhaps a little more roughly than necessary.

Heechul shoved him into a booth, then closed and locked the door behind them.

Kibum looked around in amazement. He was surrounded by shelves full of every type of alcohol imaginable. Vodka, whiskey, scotch, beer, cognac, champagne, both red and white wine-oh, the wines! Chardonnay, Syrah, Merlot, Pinot Noir, oh, a beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon, could that be vintage?

“Take whichever one you like.” Heechul waved his hand dismissively toward the wall of drinks, inciting a slight smile from Kibum as he took a wine down with reverence.

A sharp pop! was heard as Kibum uncorked the bottle, pouring the red bacterial grape juice into two glasses. He swirled his around, while handing the other one to Heechul, who drank it immediately.

“Hyung, you’re supposed to let the wine breathe before you drink it.” Kibum wrinkled up his nose as he continued to swish the glass.

“You and your ridiculous wine practices…” Heechul huffed as he poured himself a glass of vodka, drinking it in one gulp as Kibum finally took a sip of his wine. “Here, take a shot of this. It’s much better than that thing you call real alcohol in your hand.” Heechul forced a glass of vodka on to him, and watched as he drank it, making sure he got every last drop.

“You know, Kibum…” Heechul gazed at him with his feline eyes over the top of his glass, “You never did tell me why you left Super Junior for acting.”

“Hyung, you know it’s because acting is my true passion…”

“That’s just bull you fed to the media. I want the real reason.” Heechul watched as Kibum leaned back and sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Take as many drinks as you want.” Heechul purred, a self-satisfied smile slipping onto his face as he poured more vodka for the both of them.

12:00

“Hyung, did I ever tell you why Heebum got sick for that span of days where Yesung's turtle went missing?” Kibum slurred, his hand almost knocking over the bottles that had accumulated on the table.

“No, go on…” Heechul sipped his drink disinterestedly; after all, Kibum had been drunk for about an hour but still, the information he wanted had not come out.

“Well, apparently Ddangkoma had met a female turtle and, oh, you know, ‘things’ happened, and the female turtle laid her eggs in the tank, and then Heebum snuck into Yesung's room when he wasn’t there and you weren’t bothering him and he got into the tank and-“

“Oh, shut up! I’m tired of listening to you talk about stuff I honestly don’t give a about! Why don’t you just-“

“Then hyung, what do you give a about?” By this time, Kibum was on his feet as well, and looked much more sober than before. “Because obviously, it isn’t me. I don’t understand you at all. First you drag me to a club, and oh, I know you know I hate clubs, but I put up for it because it’s you, and then you yank me into this room, you know I’m going to have bruises in the morning, and then, you tell me to drink and talk, and I do talk. For once, I’m not afraid to talk, for once, I have somebody to listen to all the things I’ve seen over the years and you, and you were supposed to listen!” Kibum’s voice had gotten steadily louder, and he banged his fists on the table. “YOU! You bastard, you burning ! I’ve waited seven years, seven years for you to even look in my direction for something other than making me cook food for you, and now you come along and pull me to a club, listen to me rant and get drunk for an hour, and then stop me?! No, no. This will not happen. You will listen to everything I have to say! You have no choice in the matter!” Kibum’s voice broke on the last word. “No choice…at all…” he sat down again, crying quietly.

“Fine.” Heechul muttered quietly, sitting down, gazing at the hunched-over form before him. “Talk. I’ll listen.” Kibum lifted his head. “But first, you need to listen.”

“I love you. Fool. Idiot. I love you.” Heechul’s glare drilled holes into Kibum’s face, which had morphed into a somewhat shocked expression. “Now. You want to talk? Talk! Go ahead, just spit out all the you’ve been withholding over the years. Let’s hear it.”

“Well…” Kibum hesitated. He was unsure. There was somebody to listen. But, what to say now? When the person you have secretly admired for so long says that your feelings haven’t been in vain, what then?

“I thought you were supposed to be talking?” Kibum jumped as Heechul’s face, inches away from his, broke into his thoughts. “You’re taking too long…” He saw the ghost of a smirk on Heechul’s face as he closed the distance between them, ever-so-gently pressing his lips against his, and then settling back into his original position as if nothing had happened.

“Now, who wants a drink?”

 

[Author's Note]

Sorry that took a long time to finish...life just kinda hit me in the face. yeah.

Anyway, hoped you liked it! When it got down to it, it was pretty fun to write. keke. Anyway...yeah I love you all thanks for reading yeah yeah blah blah go chack out my other stories and COMMENT YOU PEOPLE COMMENT