Chapter 6: Movie Marathons and Unexpected Dates.

An Unappreciated Anticipation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made some changes in the previous chapter. So check that out first if you want to.

Song Recommendation: Infinite Can you smile?

                           Chapter 6:


“Want me to do it again?”

Even in this state, his mind and stomach back flipped. He swallowed, and noticed Jaehwan’s eyes moving to his neck.

He let out a shuddering breath and nodded, closing his eyes. He heard shuffling and soon he could smell his faint cologne, his warmth and then he felt soft lips press onto his forehead.

He let out a breath as Jaehwan settled back, a little too soon for his liking. His heart racing even in this state.

Jaehwan suddenly started laughing... Ravi threw him a  questioning glance despite the red in his cheeks.

“Your heart rate is accelerating. I know I’m irresistible but have some control Mr, Kim, your sister wouldn't be happy if she lost me to you.” Jaehwan joked, suddenly performing some stupid skit making his voice all funny in imitation. It was his attempt to cool the tension somewhat but the boy didn't need to know that.

Ravi cursed colorfully under his breath as he saw his heart rate displayed on the monitor. And I thought I haven’t embarrassed myself enough. But he laughed at Jaehwan's sudden imitation nonetheless, throwing his head back on the pillow and staring at the cieling.

After a few moments of comfortable silence he dared to steal a glance at Jaehwan, only to have his gaze locked with the older man. He thought Lee Jaehwan looked gorgeous. He was sick and in bed but apparently his mind was functioning enough to be aware of his presence. He stared at the ceiling out of sheer embarrassment once more before sleep engulfed him.
 

-


A few days later he was to be discharged from the hospital. Jaehwan visited once more in the past few days, and they ate together but he had to leave soon after. Jiyoon told him that he was busy with something.

He heard his manager and got out of the bathroom present in his room, all dressed. Come to think of it, he was gonna kill his CEO and Manager.
“Look Ravi I swe-- “His manager started with his excuses but was immediately shut up with a glare.
“Save it. Take me to my house and I’ll be taking more days off so you better cancel everything lest you want me to do something that will harm you all more than me.”

Ravi turned after he gestured the manager to pick his bags and he headed for the car, furious.

-

Hongbin was nervous. He was auditioning and it wasn't for a modeling contract or deal. It was for a musical. 

It had been quite sometime since he had tried out singing and even longer since he had sung for audition but he really, really wanted to try once again before giving up for good. The image of previous failed auditions flashed in his mind, of judges telling him off, saying his technique wasn't flattering, his range was too narrow or his tone wasn't good enough but he tried his best to throw all of that to the back of his mind. He'd been taking i nformal lessons from a vocal coach at his company during his free time. He was better than before.

I hope I am..

A muscial he really liked was finally starting auditions. And Hongbin just knew that he had to try. If he was REALLY lucky, he'd probably get some small role but he could care less about that. He just wanted to stand on stage again.

He was so lost in thoughts that he didn't notice his name being called. until someone tapped his shoulder and told him that its his turn now, He took a deep breath and entered.

The room was big and the judge wereting in the centre of it, six of them. Some people who were more or less confirmed were also present but behind the judges, sitting far and stretched. Hongbin had a spike of envy as he gave them a quick glance, before he was asked for his introduction.

"I'm Lee Hongbin, I've been a model for a few years now under Jellyfish Entertainment. But I want to be a part of this musical as its one of my favorites." He chose to leave out the part about being trained, just in case he didn't do well.

The presiding judge smiled, "Great, we are ready whenever you are." She spoke with a warm voice and Hongbin took a deep breath before starting.

Except he couldn't. 

He tried to sing, but his voice didn't come out. He tried again and again but his voice was stuck. Suddenly he felt short of breath as panic rose, the expectant eyes of the judges , the bright blinding lights, everything felt suffocating. It was too quiet and suddenly it was noisy, so much he felt ringing in his ears.

"Are you ready?" He heard the voice from far away belonging to the female judge. He stuttered back, ready to turn away, the stage fright getting too much to handle when a hand was on his shouder, and a water bottle was presented to him. He looked at the face  the arm holding the bottle led to and he felt his breath hitch. Jung Taekwoon.

"Have some water. Take a deep breath." His voice was soft but steady and Hongbin found himself taking the water bottle. He excused himself, took a large gulp and did the breathing exercise, strangely calming down. He glanced at the singer, finding him sitting in the corner of the room. He is probably confirmed for the lead..

Hongbin calmed down, and apologised once he got back in front of the judges. The lady nodded understandably but the old dude beside her didn't look too happy. He was given the que to start on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter