From a Distance

Cold Hands, Warm Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

Mina Myoui went home that night, tears streaming from her eyes.

 

“Why Momo…?”

 

She ran into her room slamming her door, she went to her dresser pulling out a frame staring at the picture.

 

It was her and Momo, smiling happily, Momo’s arms wrapped around Mina, and Mina smiling like nothing else in the world mattered but the person next to her.

 

“A vampire…” Mina stifled a cry. “All these years, you knew…you knew and you never told me!”

 

She slammed the frame down onto the table.

 

 

 

Momo sighed walking down the empty streets, hands tucked into the pocket of her jacket. Damn it all. Why did she have to be the way she was? She wished everything in her power from the day she had met Mina that she didn’t have to be a vampire.

 

But here she was, a year after the turning age and she lost all that mattered to her.

 

She entered the hotel, filled for people of her kind. A beaten look all over her face.

 

Her friend Jeongyeon coming to her instantly.

 

“What did she say?”

 

Momo looked at her, her eyes saying it all. “She hates me.”

 

There was a pat on the back to comfort the girl.

 

“Maybe just give her some time. She has hated our kind all of her life. Did you really think you could change that?”

 

Momo exhaled. “I was hoping so, if I were to be honest.”

 

“Cheer up, here. Have a drink.” Jeongyeon handed a shot glass of a red thick liquid.

 

Momo bit her lip, remembering Mina’s words.

 

“A SELFISH MONSTER”

 

The words cut deep into her heart. But she couldn’t fight off what was natural to her.

 

She took the shot glass and threw her head back, swallowing the “drink”.

 

 

Mina woke up the next day, blinking her eyes, hoping that the memories that were in her mind were all just a dream. Just a messed up joke that her mind played on her.

 

As harsh as it would be to say this, Mina had a better peace of mind thinking that Momo was missing, than to know that she’s alive and well living as a monster.

 

She reached for her phone. Looking at the time and notifications that displayed on it.

 

One from her current boyfriend and the other one from Momo.

 

Jimin: Good Morning Beautiful. Can’t wait to see you at school as always.

 

Momo: I’m not as bad as you think. Im me, the same old me who has known and loved you forever. Don’t let me being a vampire change that.

 

Mina swallowed hard shutting her phone off.

 

She wanted nothing to do with Momo. How dare the girl leave her, come back after a year and tell her something like that. Who did she think she was?

 

Mina got up and walked to the shower, turning on the shower waiting for the warmth to kick in before hopping in.

 

She took a longer shower than usual, trying to cleanse her mind, rid her body of the anger it felt, rid her mind of the hatred that tainted itself over Momo, but it didn’t work. Everything she once felt for her was gone.

 

She went downstairs to be greeted by her mom, and dad, and an two empty chairs. One for her, and one…her sister used to sit in…before she was taken from the world.

 

Mina’s eyes always watered at the thought, but she refused to let herself think anything further than that.

 

“Good Morning.” Mina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter