Chapter 2

....Then I met you

       A loud alarm blasted through the once peaceful atmosphere. The owner of the phone groaned in annoyance as he tried to roll himself into a cocoon, wanting to indulge within the safe haven of his bed. The continuous alarm started to tick him off, so he reached out his arm to grab the phone to shut it. Upon looking at the screen of his smartphone, his eyes widen as he squealed in delight, a habit that he tried to get rid of but seemed to stick onto him tightly.

 

YOU HAVE ONE UNREAD MESSAGE

 

       Chanwoo took a deep breath before unlocking his phone and clicked the notification. Sure enough, it was a message from Hanbin sent around a few hours ago. The message was simple and sweet. Just an ‘I’m glad you made it home.’ and yet it made Chanwoo grinned from ear to ear. He glanced at the time on the upper corner of his phone. Thankfully, he was not late for his class in the afternoon. After rolling around in his bed for quite some time, he got up and decided to get ready for the day. He took a brisk shower and wore his favorite baggy hoodie along with a pair of black jeans. After gathering the materials needed for his afternoon class, he finally went outside of his apartment. He made sure to lock the door and went to his university via bus.

       Upon arriving, he glanced at his phone once again. It was 11 am so he had plenty of time to waste around the campus. He decided to spend it over a cup of coffee in a café nearby. He wasn’t the biggest fan of coffee because of its bitterness but he drinks it anyways since ‘adults drink coffees’, apparently. However, his cup of coffee was never bitter as he probably puts around a gallon of sweetener in it. He remembered his friends making fun of him for having a child-like taste, but he didn’t mind. He never really cared about other’s people opinion anyways.

      He entered the café and ordered his drink. He then sat down on a table at the corner of the café. He looked around for a minute, lips curling into a small smile. He loved the atmosphere in here, so relaxing and quiet. There were not many people around, so the noise was kept at a minimal level with some soft murmurs and laughing here and there. Taking a small sip of the coffee, he closed his eyes, indulging in its strong scent and sweetness. He opened his eyes and smiled once again, genuinely enjoying these rare peaceful moments in his life. Usually, he would come here on a busy day where its so hectic and noisy, he couldn’t even hear his own thoughts! While he was lost inside his inner monologue, a figure suddenly stood in front of him. Confused, Chanwoo looked up and saw the man whom he met yesterday, Hanbin!

       Hanbin grinned proudly when he saw Chanwoo’s dumbfounded face. “Is this seat taken?” He asked while proceeding to sit down without any approval from Chanwoo. Still quite shocked, Chanwoo couldn’t say anything. His eyes seemed to grow larger by the second. “You…, what are you doing here?? Are you following me??” Chanwoo’s words were rushing from his mouth without much filter. Hanbin’s presence was something he was not expecting at all. Sure, he wanted to see him soon, but not THIS soon. Hanbin pouted yet again and folded his arms. “You really do have a habit of accusing people of being a stalker, don’t you?” Chanwoo blushed AGAIN and muttered a small apology.

 

       “It’s okay. Do you come here often? I don’t really see you around here.” Hanbin asked. “I usually come here in the evenings. When its much more crowded so I guess that’s why you don’t see me around.” Chanwoo muttered quietly, hands fiddling around the coffee cup in front of him. He took another sip in hopes it would calm down his nerves, but it didn’t work. The situation got a little bit awkward as Chanwoo and Hanbin both kept quiet. Chanwoo felt this heavy atmosphere and wanted to brighten it up just a tad bit. “Come on, brain. Work with me. Ask him something, anything really! Maybe about how he got home last night? Yeah, that could lead into an interesting conversation, right?” After thinking about it, Chanwoo made up his decision to just go for it.

 

       “So how did- “Both Chanwoo and Hanbin said at the same time. Both proceeded with gestures to offer the other party to speak first, and yet again, both started talking at the same time. They tried for a second time. It happened again. A third time. It happened again. Finally, Chanwoo groaned in frustration and said “Okay, this is really getting out of hand. If you interrupt me once again, I swear I’m gonna make you regret your entire existence.” Chanwoo’s cheeks were puffed and his eyebrows were almost stitched together to show his anger at Hanbin. Despite his best efforts to look scary, Hanbin burst out in laughter. He then proceeded to stretch his arms over to Chanwoo’s head and ruffled his hair. Chanwoo glared at Hanbin while pouting. “Kid, if that’s you being scary, please don’t act cute. I might actually die.” Hanbin said, hand still playing with Chanwoo’s hair. “I’ll start. How do you take your coffee?” Hanbin asked, not wanting to waste any more time. With the heavy atmosphere gone, a comfortable conversation could take place.

       Chanwoo learned a lot about Hanbin during their conversation. It turns out Hanbin was a senior of two years and he was currently studying music. He wanted to be a composer and a rapper. He also talked about his little sister, Hanbyul. The way Hanbin’s eyes lit up whenever his sister was mentioned showed how much he loved her. Chanwoo grew up in a poor household. His parents were constantly fighting whenever they were home and Chanwoo spent most of his nights in his room, blocking the noise out. He never had a chance of loving his parents truly, but he liked to imagine that they did care for him. Seeing Hanbin’s beautiful smile while recalling about his little sister made his heart swell a little. It’s not because he was jealous of Hanbyul, he just wished he had someone like Hanbin by his side whenever his parents were arguing, someone to wipe his tears and to lull him to sleep.

       Chanwoo’s face dropped a little bit and Hanbin noticed the sudden change. He tried to ask what was wrong or if he maybe said something that offended Chanwoo. Chanwoo gave him a bittersweet smile and shook his head. “Don’t worry. I was just suddenly reminded of something.” With that statement, Hanbin frowned for a while. He then proceeded to take Chanwoo’s hand and hold it tightly. Chanwoo was taken aback, his eyes were opened as widely as possible out of utter shock. After all, it’s not normal to hold someone’s hand after your second meeting. But the hold was tight, yet gentle. Hanbin looked at Chanwoo in such an intense way yet it was endearing in some ways. “You might not trust me yet, but I will do anything for you to never make that face again.” Hanbin said. Chanwoo’s shocked face soften, and he smiled brightly, showing his tiny dimples. He then started to laugh, leaving Hanbin dumbfounded. “Hey! Is this a joke to you?” Hanbin said, his eyes were darting all over the place and he was turning slightly red.

       “Of course not! I’m happy you said that to me. But you can’t deny how cheesy that sentence was.” Chanwoo said while laughing even more. Hanbin glared at him but was smiling in the end. Chanwoo looked at his phone to check the time. It was 11:55 am. His class starts at 12 pm so he was running out of time. “Uhh. Hanbin. I need to go. I’m seriously going to be late.” Chanwoo said while gathering his things. “Aw, we were having such a nice conversation. Well, text me whenever you’re free. We could grab lunch together sometimes. After all, we do go to the same-“  Before Hanbin could even finish his sentence, Chanwoo stood up. “Yeah, yeah. I will. See you later, bye.” Chanwoo said while rushing out of the café. Hanbin just looked at his disappearing figure. He then sighed. “For someone who didn’t liked getting cut of mid-sentence, he sure does that a lot.” Hanbin then ordered a coffee to go and left the café with a smile on his face.

       Chanwoo rushed to class on a lightning speed. He barely looked left or right while running, not even stopping to catch his breath. He had to make sure he was on time. His lecturer for this class did not allow any tardiness and will lock the door if someone was late. Thankfully, he made it exactly on time. He made his way to his usual seat. Not too front, not too back. Just slightly in the middle of the rows. Next to him was his friend, Kim Donghyuk, the genius. Sometimes Chanwoo wonders how they became friends but hey, some things happened. “Chanwoo! Thank god you came on time. I was worried.” Donghyuk said with worry written all over his face. “I was meeting a friend. Don’t worry too much.” Chanwoo said with a slight smile.

       Donghyuk raised his eyebrow slightly. “A friend? You have other friends besides June and me? That’s a surprise.” Donghyuk said while sneering at Chanwoo. Chanwoo glared at Donghyuk and hit his arms playfully. “Shut up! I can have more than two friends.” Chanwoo replied while sticking his tongue out slightly causing Donghyuk to laugh uncontrollably. While Donghyuk was laughing, his lecturer came in, causing Donghyuk to stop immediately to focus on his lessons. They started the class and students began to focus. Chanwoo tried his best to do so too but his mind kept drifting to Hanbin’s words earlier. In the end, he gave up on the lesson entirely. He could always ask Donghyuk to teach him. He’s pretty sure Donghyuk is a superior teacher than the lecturer.

 

 

 

 

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. I updated~

Also, thank you for 31 subscribers for this story! I can't believe people want to read this. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and please forgive me for any grammatical mistakes. >_<

P/s: Merry Christmas~