after hours

emotions of a robot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Byeonchi aneul sarangeuro jikyeojwo
Sangcheo ibeun nae maeumkkaji" 

 

"So Yunjin, what do you think? Does it still sound sad?" Chaewon asked with a desperate and frustrated tone in her voice.

 

"Honestly, unnie....it still sounds the same." with a look of pity to the girl in front of her.

 

"aAAAGHHHHH!! What do I do?? I've tried everything our mentors said but nothing has improved." looking like she's on the verge of crying as she sat down on the floor of their practice room.

 

"Hey, don't stress yourself out. It's probably due to fatigue since it has been a long day especially after helping Erii and Moe." Yunjin says reassuringly while patting Chaewon's back.

 

Chaewon sighs.

 

"You're right. Thanks Yunjin-ah" smiling faintly at the latter.

 

"No problem! We're a team aren't we?" pumping her fists enthusiastically as she suddenly stood up.

 

Chaewon laughs at the taller girl's actions.

 

"AH I know! I have an idea Unnie!" Yunjin said with a smug look on her face partnered with her thumb and pointer finger spreaded resting under her chin as if her plan was sure to work.

 

Chaewon's ears perked up upon hearing the younger girl.
"Really?? What is it? You sound like its a sure fire plan so it better work." with a hint of doubt in her voice.

 

"Eyyy~ Are you doubting you're dear dongsaeng?.......Soooo have you ever been in a relationship?"

 

"And I stand corrected...Why did I actually think you had an amazing plan?" placing her hand on her head in a disappointed way.

 

"YA! CHAEWON-UNNIE! Just answer my question"

 

"Yunjin-ah, do you really think I would have time for such things?"

 

"Hmmm even a crush?"

 

"I guess admiration but I don't harbor such feelings."

 

"...Unnie.....I think we just found the reason why you sing the way you do..."

 

"Eyyy no way. I can do this even without experiencing having a crush."

 

"Arassoo~ Let's get some rest shall we? We'll just continue this tomorrow." lending a hand to the girl sitting on the floor.

 

"You can go ahead Yunjin-ah. I'm gonna stay for a while. I'm really grateful for helping me out though." with her teethless smile forming crescents with her eyes and looking at Yunjin while fixing her music sheets, though one could tell how tired she is even with her cute expression.

 

"Aishh you better follow soon okay? I know you'll be able to do it." Yunjin said as she closes the door.

 

 

Chaewon continued to practice singing her parts with emotions countless times. She recorded it everytime but to no avail it sounded the same everytime she hears the recording for herself. She tried everything from breathing techniques to imagining liking someone while singing, but nothing worked. She felt as if she's going crazy and started making random noises and actions going around the room to vent out her frustration. As she was being crazy a tall girl with a half ponytail wearing specs peaked into the practice room. She didn't notice her and continued with her antics. Upon witnessing the crazy unnie the tall girl let out a giggle and that's when Chaewon noticed the latter's presence. She realized that the tall girl saw what she was doing and felt her facing heating up with ears and cheeks turning flush red.
 

 

"Y-Yujin-ah w-what are you doing here?" receiving more giggles from the said girl as she entered the room.

 

"Wow I never knew our cool and calm Chaewon-unnie could let out like that." looking really amazed at her unnie.
"Ah I was practicing our dance for Sorry Not Sorry when I heard weird noises so I checked it out since I was curious to who's still up this late and yeah...the noise. Turns out it was you unnie!"

 

"God I just want to disappear right now..." putting her head down from embarassment.

 

"It's okay unnie, don't worry about it. I won't tell anyone." putting her left hand on Chaewon's shoulder and her pointer finger on her lips indicating she'll keep it as a secret.
"What are you doing staying up this late anyways?" Yujin thought hard since she knew that Chaewon does well both in dancing and especially in singing.

 

"...I'm practicing my singing." the hint of sadness can be heard as she said it.

 

"EH! Really? But you're already really good at singing! Expecially with your honey v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter