waking up

Waking Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you really expect me to still love you after leaving me?”

Ryeowook cannot understand why his boyfriend is talking to him like this. “You know I didn’t leave you. I had to fulfill my mandatory service besides, we promised that we will both wait for each other”

The other cruelly scoffed before adding, “How naïve of you to think that I will ever keep a promise especially when there are countless of people way better than you.”

“Kyuhyun-ah, we can still fix this. My service is over. We can be together again.” Ryeowook cannot keep the desperation from his voice while reaching for Kyuhyun’s hands.

Kyuhyun slapped Ryeowook’s hand away, “Don’t touch me. You are too late. We’re through.”

Ryeowook was at a loss as he watched the retreating back of the love of his life, hoping that the latter would turn around take back all he has said. But he didn’t so Ryeowook just covered his face with his hands and finally let the tears fall.

When Ryeowook woke up, it was still dark outside. He was confused at first then suddenly remembered the heartbreaking dream that caused him to wake up in the early hours of the morning.

Seating up from the bed he uttered to himself, “Thank god it was just a dream.”

To further reassure himself, he turned to the other side of the bed but surprisingly found it empty and when he moved to feel up the empty space, it was cold.

“That can’t be”, Ryeowook muttered. He was sure that he and Kyuhyun fell asleep together last night.

His mandatory military service finally ended the other day and the couple spent Ryeowook’s return to their home talking and basking in each other’s presence without the looming thought that Ryeowook has to return to his base camp.

Normally, Ryeowook wouldn’t have bothered to check where Kyuhyun is at situations like this but his dream has left him a little unsettled so he stood up from the bed and went on to check where his boyfriend is.

Ryeowook searched all over the apartment but Kyuhyun was not in the bathroom, the guest bedroom, or the kitchen. By the time he closed the door to the office after finding out that Kyuhyun is also not there, the former is already in a full-blown panic.

Reeling from the feelings that his previous dream has given him, Ryeowook couldn’t help but entertain the idea that Kyuhyun has really left him.

There’s no other explanation why he wouldn’t be in the apartment at this time without notifying me, is there? What if the dream was a premonition? After longing for him for so long, how could it end like this?

Plagued with such thoughts and at a loss for what to do, much like how he was in his dream nightmare, Ryeowook found himself on the living room couch, wracking with gut-wrenching sobs.

He was crying so hard that he did not notice the opening and closing of the front door nor the suddenly worried and alarmed expression of the person who just came in at the heartbreaking sight of Ryeowook on the couch.

The person rushed to Ryeowook’s side to know what is the problem, “Ryeowook, what’s wrong? Are you hurt?” the man inquired with so much worry in his voice while checking Ryeowook’s body for any injuries.

Ryeowook who was just made aware of the presence of another person in the room, looked up and sobbed harder at the sight of the person who made him be in his current state. He has a lot to ask but the thought that this moment is the moment that Kyuhyun is actually living him is making speaking harder.

When the taller man was sure that Ryeowook is not physically hurt anywhere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter