Chapter 2

Choosing What's Best

I tried to calm myself down before meeting this Kang Younghyun in person. I looked at the sky wondering what went wrong during the 2 years of our relationship. I thought we were happy and planning to get married in a year. I wonder what people at the office would say if they knew. Jaehyun was from the elite community so many people were against us in being together and now that we had broken up, I was sure that gossips would start going around soon. I guess I need to find a new work place sooner or later then. Without realizing it, my tears began to fall again.

 

As I was deep in thought, I did not realize that someone was calling me until my shoulder was touched that I flinched and looked up to see who it was. I recognized his face immediately as it was the same as the wallpaper on the phone. I stood up in a hurry that I almost tripped backward. As I prepared to fall, I noticed that there was no pain and I opened my eyes to see that the man was holding my left hand and my waist to prevent me from falling. We were so close that I could see myself in his eyes. “Woops, I’m sorry for holding you like that but you were about to fall and I… Are you okay?” he asked. I quickly wiped away the tears. “It’s alright. I’m sorry myself for being that clumsy. Hi. I’m F/N.” “I’m Kang Younghyun. You can call me Younghyun. Well, now that we had met, I hope we can exchange our phones. I was really surprised when I the phone and different wallpaper was displayed,” he said. “Yeah, me too. Here is your phone. I’m really sorry for today. Nice meeting you anyway, Younghyun-ssi.” We returned back the phones and just stood there in silence for like a few minutes. I studied him for a while. He was wearing a black slack pants with a grey hoodie and a cap. He was a good-looking man in my opinion. Before he realized that I was staring at him, I quickly averted my eyes and pretend to look at the beautiful night sky.

 

I thought he was going to leave when he suddenly asked, “I’m not trying a busybody here but are you really alright? I thought I saw you crying just now and if you need anything now, maybe I could help. I can lend you my ears as well as I have nothing to do now.” I pondered for a moment and just agreed to what he suggested. I began to tell him about what happened at the restaurant, about our relationship and how stupid he was for letting me go just like that. “How could he do this? Unless he already has somebody else in which I know nothing about. I wanna ask you, do guys foget heir love so easily? How the heck can he change so suddenly? Or the signs were always there but I was blind to all of them?” I rant. “Well, if you ask me, I used to be in your position a while back so I don’t really sure how to answer your question. But, I do think he’s blind to just let you go,” he explained. “What! No way. How can a guy like you have the same experience as me? You seem such a good man to me. But, I guess have some bad days as well,” I said. Suddenly, I found myself calm and wanting to talk more with him. Then, I realized that he was just a stranger and I was taking up his time longer than what I was expecting. “I’m really sorry for acting like this when it was just our first time meeting each other. I’m sorry for taking up your time. It’s okay now. You can leave.” He said “No, no, no. It’s fine. Besides, how can leave a woman here alone at night? If I don’t send you home properly, I won’t have a good sleep tonight.” “But, I…” “No but, the least I can do is to make sure you get a taxi ride home. Where do you live?” he asked. “I live at P/N.” “Owh, it’s just along the way to my house. Come, I accompany you home,” he said. I wondered for a moment but I decided to just go along with it.

 

We walked to our destination. The journey home took about 20 minutes but it felt like 5 minutes. I had a pleasant time talking to him. He made me forget about the heartache hat I had today. I told him a bit about myself and I found out that he was a musician. He did not mention whether he was single or in a group or famous. After a while, I knew deep in my heart I wanted to get to know him but my brain kept telling me to back off and so I just back off. We arrived later on. “Well, here is my place. Thank you for your time today and it was nice meeting you,” I said. “Nuhh, it’s okay. Sometimes, I went out as well to find inspirations to write songs. Perhaps I could get some just now if I concentrate back. Then, see you later,” he bid farewell. I was surprised when he said ‘see you later’. Is there a chance to meet him again? I hope so.