Chapter 8: Day 7, Part 2

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Without any hesitation Taeyong ran out of the room and took the stairs straight to Seulgi’s hotel room. He knocked on the door several times but got no answer. “Seulgi! It’s me! Please, open the door!” he shouted but got no answer.

“I am so, so sorry for what I said earlier today. I’m sorry that I let my anger out on you. Those words I told you, I never meant them. Seulgi, you are not a burden, you never were. I’m actually thankful, I’m thankful that you took good care of me when I was sick, I’m thankful for trusting you when you catched Jackson. And, once again, I’m so sorry.”

Taeyong waited by the door for a few more seconds and had yet once again not gotten a reply back or at least a sign that Seulgi had heard his apology.

“Seulgi, please, at least show me a sign that you heard me,” he said and waited for a sign like he was waiting for a sign from God.

“Excuse me, sir,” a cleaning lady said to him and he immediately got out of the way for her to pass by him, but he got confused when she opened the door to Seulgi’s room. He managed to get a peek in the room and saw that no one was in there. “Where is she then?” he thought and went back to his room and told Joohyun and Youngho that Seulgi wasn’t there.

---------------------------------------

Seulgi smiled as she heard Taeyong’s apology from her ear piece. She had kind of expected it after Joohyun went away and decided to put a microphone by the hotel door. She also messaged Joohyun to tell her that she was going to the fashion show with Jennie and that she would meet them there.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Huh?” Seulgi said and turned to Jennie. The two of them decided to meet up just before the fashion show and just explore the city and walk down the streets. “Oh, nothing,” she said and took off her ear piece.

“Could it be a certain, oh I don’t know, Lee Taeyong that you’re smiling about?” Jennie teased and earned a playful hit on the arm from Seulgi.

“Shut up,” she smiled, “Okay, maybe,” she then said when Jennie wiggled her eyebrows at her.

“I wonder what it feels like to be in love,” Jennie sighed as the two girls were walking past some clothing stores.

“Tssk, I’m not in love, it’s just a small crush,” Seulgi said.

“Yeah whatever, in love or a crush, same thing,”

“I don’t think so, but sure,”

“I actually think he kind of likes you. Not like, in love or something, but you know, a small crush. I saw how he looked at you yesterday when he was out with his friend and they were discussing camera angles or something.”

“Didn’t you just tell me that in love and a crush were the same thing?”

“Oh my gosh. Sana’s way of thinking and talking has really gotten to me lately, hasn’t it?”

“Oh trust me, it really has.”

----------------------------------------

“Okay, you walk in that way and I’ll go and meet up with my colleagues.”

“Got it,” Jennie said and walked in to the building where the fashion show was held.

“Hey! Seul!”

Seulgi turned around and saw Joohyun waving at her while the guys were still waiting in the car. She waved back and went to them.

“Hey Seulgi,” Youngho said as he got out of the car, “Where were you the whole time?”

“Oh, I had to run some errands with the police, telling them to be prepared for Kim Jennie.” Seulgi said with a smile and saw Taeyong getting out of the car behind Youngho.

“But didn’t Boa already take care of that?” Youngho asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

“No, no she didn’t. She had only talked to the CEO of Diamond Agency and asked me to talk to the police,” Seulgi lied but Youngho bought it and gave her an ‘okay’ sign.

“So, should we get in?” Seulgi asked and pointed at the entrance.

“Absolutely!” Joohyun smiled and they all started walking towards the entrance when suddenly, Seulgi felt someone grabbing her wrist.

“Seulgi.”

She turned around and saw Taeyong.

“Seulgi,” he said one more time and released his grip on her wrist. “I just wanted to tell you that I’m so, so sorry for shouting and getting angry at you. I did not mean anything of what I said, and I know that I can’t take it back but I just want you to know that you are absolutely not a burden, I am so sorry. And you were right, how can I not catch Jimin when I’m one of the top spies at SM Agency? But, once again, I am so sorry.”

“It’s okay, I accept your apology,” she said and gave him a reassuring smile and he gave her a smile. But not any kind of smile, she had seen his usual smirk and his normal smile. But the smile he was giving her now was different, like he was relieved everything was going well between them. It somehow made Seulgi’s heart flutter even more and it, made her feel safe? Or did she just have too much hope? That he could possibly like her too? Was she wrong for thinking that she could be someone special for him? Liking someone really does change people as they say. But she didn’t care, seeing that genuine smile from him made her happy and safe.

Taeyong, on the other hand, didn’t know what had gotten into him for the past hours. He still felt like Seulgi didn’t care about the mission nor Jimin. He felt like she seemed careless about the situation. But still, he didn’t want to believe in that. He didn’t know what it was, but something in him made him want to trust her.

-------------------------------------------------

The fashion show was just about to begin and Seulgi went to sit beside Jennie while the others sat just in front of her on the opposite side.

“Oh my goodness! Girl, I love your outfit!” Seulgi squealed at Jennie, just loud enough for the others to hear. “Where did you buy it?”

“Oh thank you! I love your outfit too! My outfit is from the new chanel collection. It’s limited edition.”

“It is so pretty!”

The lights turned off and the music began blasting in the room and models were walking in and out of the room to show off the latest collections from different brands.

“Okay listen,” Seulgi whispered into Jennie’s ear. “They think that I’m going to put a tracker on you, which I am going to, just so that the police will find you later. But I’m also going to put a lipstick in your jacket that’s actually a hologram of me so that they won’t get suspicious when I walk away to Jimin. So just turn it on later by pressing the button at the bottom.”

“Got it. Now let me take a picture of this model, her dress is literal fire,” Jennie said and got her phone out while Seulgi carefu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter