Chapter 1

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong sat back on his chair and sighed deeply, he hadn’t been on a mission for almost three days now. Yes, three days was enough to make Taeyong feel bored as hell. He wanted to get out there and feel the adrenaline so bad. As for now he was stuck in his room with Fortnite being the only entertaining thing at the moment. He glanced at the clock on the wall, 14:27.

“I should at least go and eat something,”

He went down the stairs and made his way to the kitchen but stopped in his track. He sensed something… someone. This was one of his specialities, sensing someone from afar even if they stood still like a statue. He stood there quietly trying to sense where the person could be.

“I’m right here hot shot!”

He quickly averted his eyes towards the sofa in the living room and his eyes widened. On the sofa was a brown haired girl who was switching the channels on the tv.

“Who are you and how did you get in here?!” He asked her quickly and she let out a chuckle and held up a bobby pin. She then put the remote down on the table, satisfied with the movie she chose.

“You’re Lee Taeyong right? The top spy at SM Agency?” She asked while standing up and walking towards him.

“Why do you ask?” Taeyong said and she held out her hand.

“I’m Seulgi, Kang Seulgi. The newly recruited spy at SM Agency.”

“Okay, so?”

Seulgi chuckled again while putting her hand down since Taeyong decided not to shake it. She stayed quiet and walked back to the sofa where she had put her Gucci bag. She searched through it and found some files that she threw towards Taeyong which he quickly catched. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked through the files. At the first few pages there were information about Seulgi.. He flipped through them quickly, not really caring about her information. Then he saw files about someone named Park Jimin.

“Okay hot shot, since you missed the call to the meeting with the boss this morning, I’m going to tell you about our mission” Seulgi said, emphasizing ‘our’.

“Our mission?” Taeyong asked, “Aren’t you just here to tell me about a mission since I missed the meeting?”

“Nope, I’m here to tell you that we both have a mission, together. Junmyeon told me that you prefer to work alone, but it would also be good for you if you were assigned to a mission with a partner.” Seulgi replied with a smirk on her face.

“And he chose you to be my partner?”

Seulgi’s smirk turned into a frown, “Why do you ask?”

“Come on, I’m a top spy with years of experience, and you’re a rookie”

“So? Junmyeon still chose me as your partner”

“If you say so, just let me know when you’re tired”

Seulgi let out a sigh “Can I let you know that I don’t feel like working with an arrogant person like you?” She thought.

Taeyong put the files on the table and crossed his arms “So who is this Park Jimin?”

“For the past month hundreds of files from different spy agencies across Europe has gotten stolen. Files with information about the agencies’ past missions and criminals that they’ve catched. We suspect that Park Jimin is trying to get in contact with those criminals, get them out of jail and recruit them to his crew, we also know that Park Jimin has a crew with four other people and that their next agency to rob is Hawk Agency, located in Paris.”

Seulgi threw another file to Taeyong and he flipped threw them. There were information about Jimin’s crew. Kim Jennie, Jeon Jungkook, Minatozaki Sana, and Jackson Wang.

“Hawk Agency is arranging a party at Shangri-La Hotel tomorrow at 8pm and we suspect that Jimin and his crew are going to be there. Our mission is to catch Park Jimin and his crew and prevent them from stealing another agency’s files. We got 30 days to complete this mission, starting from tomorrow.” Seulgi took her bag and flashed him a smile, “It was nice to meet you Lee Taeyong, I hope we’ll get along.”

“Yeah sure,” Taeyong mumbled while Seulgi walked towards the door, she was about to open it but turned around and smirked, “Also, our flight is boarding at 10pm, so pack your bags hot shot, I’ll pick you up at seven.” And with that, she left his house.

                                                                                                      -----------------------------

As soon as she had left his house Taeyong saw his phone on the kitchen table. He must’ve been so into the Fortnite game that he forgot it there. He unlocked the screen and saw five missed calls. Probably from his boss trying to inform him about the meeting this morning. He put the phone back on the kitchen table and looked through the files he had gotten again and went through Seulgi’s file.

Name: Kang Seulgi

Born: February 10th, 1994

Past Job(s): McDonald’s

Taeyong let out a chuckle when he read McDonald’s. How do you go from a McDonald’s employee to a spy at SM Agency?

He put down the files and was about to make a sandwich when he heard his phone vibrating. He looked at the caller ID, Yuta was calling, he picked up and put the phone on speaker while making his sandwich.

“What do you want Nakamoto?”

“I heard that you got assigned to a new mission with the new recruiter,”

“Yeah”

“Yeah? Well, I mean how is he? I know how much you hate working with other people”

“I don’t think it’s good that I, a top spy with years of experience, am working with a rookie who worked at McDonald’s before becoming a spy.”

“What’s wrong with McDonald’s? He probably practiced throwing around cutlery and reflexes by avoiding the oil when frying fries you know”

“It’s a she, Nakamoto”

“A she?! Why didn’t you tell me?!”

“I just did”

“Well, is she pretty?”

Taeyong rolled his eyes at Yuta’s question, he was a great spy and friend, but he was such a big flirt too.

“I didn’t study her features that much”

“But you must know if she’s pretty or not”

“Well..”

Taeyong took a bite from his sandwich and thought for a while.

“I mean, she looks good I guess”

“Tsk, I know you think she looks REALLY good”

Taeyong smirked and took another bite of the sandwich.

“Maybe”

“Maybe huh? Well I won’t call dibs on her just yet then, how long is this mission?”

“30 days starting from tomorrow”

“Ok, if you don’t feel anything towards her like, ually, I’ll call dibs on her”

“Why do you think I’ll fall for her?”

“I didn’t say that, but if you do”

“Yeah yeah, anything else on your mind?”

“No, just wanted to check up on you since I haven’t heard from you for the past three days.”

“Yeah, I’ve been playing a lot of squad games on Fortnite with Chittaphon, Youngho, and Dongyoung.”

“Without me?! Come on man!”

“You’re never online anyways!”

“Yeah yeah, well do you want to go out for dinner today? Just us guys at the agency.”

“Sur- wait no, Seulgi is picking me up at seven today, we have to leave for Paris tonight”

“Oh, okay, it’s fine, we’ll facetime you, hahah”

“Yeah yeah, sure, I have to go and pack now, facetime me during your dinner”

“Of course, bye”

“Bye”

Taeyong finished his sandwich and went to his room and got his suitcase out from the closet. He just packed as many outfits as he could fit into the suitcase since he didn’t know how many days they would stay in Paris.

When he finished packing his clothes he went to the desk and loaded yet another game of Fortnite.

                                                                                                      -----------------------------

Seulgi pulled up in front of Taeyongs house for the second time today with her Mercedes Benz. She looked at her watch and it read 18:57. She sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter