Future

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two boys drowned in the comfortable silence while they’re looking at the ceiling in Luhan’s bedroom. Sehun had his right hand under his head while his other hand was placed near Luhan’s body. Suddenly the sacred silence broke by the younger boy.

“Hi, Luhan..”

“hmm” Luhan answered without really paying attention.

“Have you ever thought what kind of future awaits for us?” Sehun asked while his eyes still glued to the ceiling.

Luhan, even though he had been knowing Sehun for quite some times already still a bit taken aback by the sudden question coming out from his best friend’s mouth. After all, the younger boy was known for his simple mind. It’s not that rare actually for Sehun to throw out random questions or remarks, indicating his secret maturity and his depth of thought. But somehow it’s just a bit different from usual. Luhan just couldn’t place what it is.

“Well, sometimes I think about it. Why?” now Luhan was giving all of his attention to Sehun who seemed really comfortable with his position, not changing it even the slightest.

“What do you think about it? I’ve been thinking a lot about our futures lately.”

“hmm.. I think about what path that should I take when I become an adult. Should I continue my study? What kind of occupation should I consider aside from being an entertainer? Should I remain in the entertainment industry? While I’m not sure if I’m going to shine or not... and many other things. Why did you bring up this topic so suddenly? I mean I’m surprise you actually use your brain to think about something as complicated as future.” At this Luhan smiled cheekily. He’s waiting for Sehun’s outburst for teasing him which surprised Luhan when it never came. Instead Sehun only nodded his head lightly before giving the response for Luhan’s question.

“I’ve been thinking about our futures… and the more I think about it the more I’m getting scared of it.” Sehun then turned his body toward Luhan, searching the warm of the brown orbs that looked black in the dim light.

“Lu, do you think future is scary? I’m afraid. What sort of person will we become? I just hope that we could always remain like this. Not so innocent but still have our child like personalities as well. Even though I doubt it will ever change for me, but… I mean, no matter what I always want to be by your side. Never gonna hurt you. I want to protect you. It won’t ever change, right Lu?”

Luhan left out a soft c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter