Fin. 2

Irene or Joohyun?

A/N:

I am deeply sorry for the late update. This part of the story was supposed to be released around 7 December, but however due to the fact that I had to add more scenes and edit some major errors, it could not be released on time.

I couldn't have entered this app from 8 December onwards because I was abroad travelling around different landmarks till 15 December.

Just my bad luck, I fell sick the moment I returned back to my home country and had to take a short break from writing. I'm feeling better now, so my dear readers, do not worry about me:)

Once again, I would like to apologise for the very late update.

***

The electronic dance music that was slowly building up its  blared across the room, a thousand conversations told in a roaring voice and the deep laughter booming everywhere seemed to be competing against each other to see who was the loudest. Obviously, the rock music had long won the competition as the beat drops, dominating the entire atmosphere. 

Seulgi felt her nose stung and her eyes watered at the thick cigar smoke that artistically swirlled and twisted up in the dense air, illuminated by the dim, rainbow lights all around the enclosed area. Seulgi can't believe that after crying for the past few hours, she still had tears in her body. She shooked her head and sat on the bar stool, propping her arms on the bar counter and whimpered to the bartender near her,

"Give me the highest alcoholic drink you have here."

The bartender looked at her, clearly surprised but nodded his head and proceeded to make her order. He gently placed her drink in front of her, softly sighing at the girl. Kids these days.

Seulgi held the glass filled concoction, contemplating if she should drink. It did not take long as the thought of Joohyun lying to her was enough to make her blood boil. She downed the entire glass quickly, grimacing at the bitter liquid that slid down the back of  like lubricant. Why the hell do people even like drinking this substance? 

She soon found her answer as she groggily raised her hands and demanded for five shots of vodka, the alcohol kicking in a full speed. It made her feel good, as if her life is perfect; the bitterness that she once scowled at slowly became a satisfaction to her.

Seulgi looked around soberly, noticing that she wasn't the only one that got heart-broken and came here for a safe haven. Like that girl opposite her, pint and shot glasses left unattended as she was far drunk and had already passed out on the counter. She spun her head to the left and noticed a few couples causally hanging around, chewing on peanuts and chips, with beer by the side. Seulgi turned her head back, feeling hot water dripped down her eyes and onto her cheeks. 

That could be us if she didn't lie. Seulgi thought and chugged down the shots of vodka, blinking her eyes in hopes of getting rid of the tears.

The jangle of voices; crying, shouting, swearing, threatening, with the addition of the funky music started to make her head throb. I should probably head back now. Was what Seulgi's mind had been screaming at her to do but she pushed it back and was about to down her last shot when a hand stopped her.

"My lady, I think it's time for you to stop, don't you think so?" A manly voice whispered into her ears. 

Seulgi turned and snarled at whoever was stopping her, "Mind your own ing business, you ing dog." 

"Getting rough, eh?" The man, who was beside her leaned his body against the bar counter. He looked about 6'1", hair sticking out, his business suit looked like a mess; tie dangling around his neck, ed white shirt and balzer crumpled. He was rather well toned and Seulgi, in that groggy state, wondered who would win if she put Kim Jong-Kook and that guy into a battle ring. Seulgi stared at him for a while, raising her brows to see what he would do next. 

"I've been observing you from afar and it seems like you got a bad heartbreak. Maybe I can help you get rid of what's on your mind?" He lowered his head, facing directly in front of Seulgi, "maybe.... I can take you back to my suite and make you mine." He sensually whispered before taking Seulgi's lips.

Seulgi tried pushing the man off but the man forcefully took Seulgi's hands, preventing her from distracting him. Intoxicated, Seulgi's mind was fuzzy and all she could do was to whimper under his touches.



"You ing bastard, get your mothering hands off her right at this moment!" Seulgi heard a clear and familiar shout amist the buzzing in her ears.



Everthing was a blur to her, but all she knew was the touches disappeared abruptly and through her blury sight, she saw a familar khaki brown haired person beating up the guy and that was the final thing she saw before she completely  out.

***

Seulgi cracked opened her eyes, the bright ray of sun shining directely at her made it impossible for her to get back to sleep, not to mention the ache in her skull felt as if someone had used an axe and cut her brain into half, her dehydrated saliva that she kept swallowing did not help to quench her thirst. No wonder people hates hangover....

"Oh, you have already woken up. Let me just get you some painkillers and a hangover soup. Just stay where you are and don't move." Wendy instructed her and scampered back into the kitchen. Seulgi hears some rustling from the kitchen before Wendy appears out again.

"Here, drink the hangover soup first before taking the pills." Wendy said in a motherly tone.

Seulgi accepted the bowl of soup and drank it. Seulgi ate her food silently and she noted that Wendy was watching every move of hers but Wendy respected Seulgi's decision of keeping quiet and Seulgi appreciated that.

"Don't go to the bar again." Wendy spoke up after Seulgi had finished her food. "You were drunk, a dude started hitting on you and he almost went in your pants. There was a bartender, he is my uncle and he recongised you when you asked for a drink. He was the one that called me when he realised that you were starting to get drunk. Luckily, I went there in time, or you would have been taken away by him."

Seulgi hunged her head low, clearly guilty of what she had done yesterday. "I'm sorry, Wendy," She mumbled.

Wendy just gave her a small smile and patted her best friend's back. "Don't be. Now get some rest that you need badly."

***

It was a Monday morning and Seulgi was preparing to head to school and getting ready to face her if they ever crossed path.

She fixed her top and run her fingers through her hair, letting the silky hair rest on her chest and headed to the living room where she spotted Wendy patiently waiting for her.

Now, both of them rarely go to school together because of their different schedules, Seulgi may be a little dim-witted, but she knew Wendy was just doing this to make sure she went to school safely, and maybe to avoid Joohyun. Seulgi was morre than grateful to have such a friend to stick with her thick and thin.

Wendy made sure both of them took their own sweet time heading to school. Heart-broken was an understatement of how Wendy felt when she saw Seulgi in such a vulnerable state. Anger, was such a vague word to describe how Wendy felt towards Joohyun. Hatred, resentment, vexed was what she would describe her emotions. She hated how Joohyun lied to Seulgi, making that poor naive girl go through another roller coaster ride of a heart break.

Wendy was not a very violent person, but if Wendy sees Joohyun now, she knew she wouldn't hesistate to break that flawless face of that  and sent her down to the furthest depth of Hell.




The duo arrived in school five minutes before Seulgi's lesson started. The moment both of them stepped into the school compound, murmurs were heard and the sight of some students trying to hide their finger pointing at Seulgi made Wendy scoffed. Seeing Seulgi's head hung low, Wendy quickly grabbed Seulgi's arms and dragged her into the building before any snarky comments entered Seulgi's ears and made her cry.

But Seulgi knew before she heard it, it was about Irene. It had always been Irene that escaped their mouths. She should have known better than to fall for her trap. 

"Seulgi, your class is starting very soon. Hurry head in and ignore these gossips. I'll pick you up after your class ends." Wendy motherly instructed her. Seulgi as always, abided Wendy's instructions and headed to her classroom. 

Seulgi gripped the handle of her classroom door and was about to open it when she heard someone calling her.

"Seulgi! Seulgi!" 

She spun her head and saw Joohyun running to her. She chose to ignore the desperate cries and looked at the door infront of her. At the corner of her eyes, she saw her lecturer approaching her classroom from another direction.

Gripping the handle tightly, she swung to door open and headed to her seat, her lecturer entering the classroom just after her. She saw Joohyun trying to enter the room, but the lecturer had shut it without knowing that Joohyun was right behind her. The older girl held on to the door handle, panting heavily for she wasn't a sporty person.

Seulgi caught a glimpse of Joohyun looking at her with a crestfallen look. She almost waivered, almost, but she got reminded of what happened last Friday and turned her attention to her lecturer who was explaining certain key points. 

Ever since then, Seulgi had pratically ignored Joohyun's presence, getting absorbed into whatever her lecturer was teaching her and writing down notes. Seeing that Seulgi was disregarding her, Joohyun sighed and dejectedly walked away for she had a class in a few more minutes.

***

"I already warned you beforehand, right?" 

Joohyun kept mummed, tears dripping from her eyes like beads falling off a broken necklace. Broken bottles, tissues strewn all over the floor; her room was pratically in a mess and it was all because of Seulgi. Not to mention the eyebags that seemed to sink deeper on her angelic face. Yerim sighed as she looked at the pile of homework and projects she had to submit and she looked back at Joohyun. That can wait, I guess.

Yerim got up from her chair and sat on the bed, just beside Joohyun, awkwardly wrapping her arms around the older woman and pulled the latter into a warm hug It wasn't very-Yerim-like to comfort her older sister; it was usually the other way round, but the sight of Joohyun looking so crushed and dispirited made Yerim heart clenched.

"Unnie, it's okay, just get some rest first," Yerim coughed at how awkward the sentence sounded like.

Joohyun stayed hushed, only leaning her head on Yerim's shoulders, tears that kept trickling down earlier started stopping, replacing with tiny bouts of hiccups. She really cherished the effort her younger sister was giving to comfort her, she truly did, because all she had now was just Yerim and nothing else.

"Didn't I told you that she didn't like 'Irene' and you still dared to lie to her?"

Wendy's last words to her kept replaying like a broken recorder tape.  She blamed herself, for not listening to everyone's wise words and not thinking about the consequences of her actions. Now, not only did she lose her only one, she had also hurt and disappoint everyone around her.

Joohyun sniffled and hugged Yerim tighter, afraid of losing her only support left. She wasn't sure how these rumors started, she tried clarifying them, but no one seemed to listen to her, or rather she just gave up trying to explain to those close-minded people.

She should have tried further, now, the rumors had went overboard and hurt her lover.

The rythmatic patting on her back had soothed her down tremendously and fatigue soon overtook her.

***

"Eh? Joohyun, just one?" Seulgi asked while receiving the huge rainbow-coloured candy floss.

"Ah, I don't really want it. I've been having too much sugar for the past few days," Joohyun said, taking a seat beside Seulgi and looking at her who was happily chomping the candy off the stick.

Both of them turned quiet, enjoying each other's presence, well maybe it was just Joohyun because the cute bear looked as if nothing else mattered except the treat infront of her. Summer was almost ending hence it was understandable that the night was turning chilly and Joohyun shivered a little as a breeze attacked her. From afar, she could hear birds chirping which reminded Joohyun that it was evening time and she had to send Seulgi back to her dorm before the curfew.

"Joohyun, do you want one?" Seulgi offered.

"Hng? No," Joohyun declined as she continued staring at Seulgi.

"Aw, who dares to decline cotton candy? They are the best thing on Earth!" Seulgi pouted and stuffed the candy floss she offered to Joohyun into .

"Cotton candy are just too sweet for me, besides you lips are sweet enough to rise my sugar level.."

"But still- hmphh!" Seulgi was silenced with the captivating lips of Joohyun's gently without any dominance or lust.

"There, I ate the cotton candy you offered me, don't whine to your friends that I rejected it. On a side note, you should cut down on the amount of sweets you are having, I don't want to have diabetes everytime I kiss you," Joohyun cheekily grinned, which sucessfully made Seulgi's cheeks red. 

"A-ah Unnie..." Seulgi gently punched Joohyun's shoulder and shyly covered her face.

"Aww Seulgi, I know you love it too."

"Finish your candy floss and we need to get you back to the dorm before you get grounded by the principal." Joohyun instructed.

"Tsk, what a way to ruin the mood...." Seulgi grumbled softly which made Joohyun laughed.

***

"Kkangseul," Wendy called out.

"Hm?" Seulgi hummed, without batting an eyelid at her laptop.

"Are you....fine?"

Seulgi lifted her head and stared at Wendy, giving a small smile, "Yeah, why?"

"We both know what I'm talking about," Wendy sighed.

"Let's not bring that up."

"Seul-"

"Wan, I'll be able to forget about it eventually. It's just a matter of time," Seulgi assured.

"How can you when all you do now is to stare at her photos?"

Seulgi looked back at her laptop, clicking the 'X' button to close the folder containing Joohyun's photos they took during the time spent together. "I did not," Seulgi lied.

"You do love her, don't you?"

"No."

"Don't lie." Wendy retord.

"I literally met her just a few months ago. Of course I don't love her." 

Seulgi really didn't lie, she wasn't really sure of her feelings towards the older girl yet, just blindly reciprocating Joohyun's love just because she didn't want to make the older girl feel bad. Perhaps the reason why Seulgi accepted the love was because of admiration towards Joohyun and that isn't love. Yet.

Wendy facepalmed herself. "Seul, maybe you should give her a chance to explain. I'm not pressuring you to accept her again, but you would know why she did it and if you really can't be in a relationship with her, at least you got a closure to this relationship and move on with life," Wendy adviced. That Canadian girl knew what happened between the bear and her cousin: her cousin abruptly left Seulgi in the middle of their relationship, her cousin blocked all contacts with Seulgi and even shifted house with no news or whatsoever, until one day Seulgi received a text from Moonbyul that their relationship was over. 

Moonbyul had never explained to Seulgi, and that poor girl was just left to blame herself for not investing enough effort in their relationship. But everyone knew that Seulgi did put her 200 percent in and it was Moonbyul at the most fault.

Wendy just didn't want history to happen to Seulgi all over again.

"There is nothing for her to explain. She lied and that's the end of the story." Seulgi huffed.

"Though I'm extremely displeased about what she did to you, but I'm pretty sure she has a reason for doing so."

"And what could it be?"

"I've been thinking about it for a while, maybe she does genuinely like you-" Wendy paused when she heard Seulgi scoffed, "would you have given her a chance if she introduced herself as Irene?"

"Of course!" Seulgi exclaimed.

Wendy brow shot up. "Really? As far as I remembered the last time we talked about Irene, you were ranting about how annoying Irene was and you weren't extremely happy when I said she had a crush on you."

"Okay maybe not," Seulgi sighed and slouched her body.

"Ha! See? You would have simply brushed Irene aside, let alone date. Now, tell me, what was Joohyun like when you two were together?"

"Um, nice, patient, lovely and most importantly, sincere, it was the complete opposite personality of Irene," Seulgi recalled.

"You know, Joohyun has been really depressed for the past week, she rarely eats during break time and she looks like a lifeless zombie with her eyebags hanging all the way to her cheeks. No one has seen her mope around like this before. Doesn't it shows how much she was affected by it? Also, sincerity can't be fake, one look into her eyes and you can easily tell."


"If those rumors were true, wouldn't she have a new girl by now?"


***

Seulgi sighed as she walked down the aisle alone. Wendy had an earlier class and Seulgi had no choice but to brace the rumors by herself. Ah yes, and also Joohyun.

Seulgi mulled over the conversation she had with Wendy a few days ago. She was still a bit furious and upset at Joohyun, although she had been enlightened by Wendy's smart-. But part of her was afraid that those rumors were true and if Irene did played with her heart, Seulgi wanted to hear it personally from Joohyun's mouth. 

Ironically, she didn't want to face Joohyun yet. She wanted to believe that those memories with her were not fake and not a plan to break her heart. Maybe, Seulgi just did not want the Joohyun to confess that she was a heart-breaker.


Or maybe, Seulgi just did not want to face the truth yet.


"Look, she's here again," one boy snickered, which made her turn around at where everyone was looking. Seulgi saw Joohyun walking to her in brisk steps, trying to ignore the hushed whispers, stares and snickers from other students. They probably were snickering because they were pretty much enjoying the sight of Joohyun broken-hearted for the first time.

Most of the students had already knew about these two due to Joohyun's constant visits to this part of the building. Seulgi didn't know but there were a huge group betting on when they would break-up.

Seulgi saw Irene approaching her fast, with each step nearer, she saw how spiritless Joohyun was, the bright radiance she had once was replaced with a cold, sad aura. Wendy was right. Joohyun's eye bags were darker and more prominent and it hung lower than before. Seulgi swallowed thickly, she wanted Joohyun to explain but she was afraid of the answer she would get. 


A coward.


 "Seul-ah, c-can w-we t-talk?" The desperation in Joohyun's voice was notable, but there was a hint of something that Seulgi can't grasp. The angelic voice was still there, but it was weaker. That's right. There was a hint of fragileness and shakiness in the voice.


Ring.


"Im sorry, my class is starting. We will talk next time." Seulgi apologised and rushed to her classroom, not noticing the tears spilled from the latter's eyes. 

Seulgi plopped down in her seat, her heart racing from the dash to her classroom. She didn't know if she should thank the school bell so that she would not hear Joohyun's explaination. Perhaps she didn't want to face Joohyun anymore, or perhaps she didn't want a closure, or maybe, she just wanted to run away from this problem.


I'm such a ing coward. 


***

Seulgi and Wendy were walking back to their dorm, talking- more like complaining about the huge amount of homework they had to hand in. No one can blame them, really, they were just Year 1, imagine the stress level they would have when they reach Year 6. 

"I have to hand in my English, Literature, Maths, Korean and Science homework all by tomorrow! Urgh, can't these lecturer symp-" Wendy complained but stopped walking and talking at the same time. 

"Hey, what's wrong, Wendy," Seulgi asked.

Wendy blatantly ignored her and pointed her fingers at a figure that was sprawled at the foot of their dorm door. "I-I-Iren-e?" Wendy stuttered.

Seulgi spun her head and looked at the direction that Wendy was pointing. Wendy was right, Joohyun was infront of their dorm. "H-hello I-Irene!" Wendy called out and jogged to the older girl, gently shaking her body.

"Irene! Hey!" Wendy gently lifted Joohyun's body to look at the latter's face to find a peaceful-looking sleeping face.

"Ouch! Oh my f- god! She's really hot!" Wendy screamed as she touched Joohyun's forehead.

"Yeah, she's really hot," Seulgi mumbled dreamly but it was heard by Wendy's sharp ears.

"Not that meaning of that HOT! Irene's forehead is burning Seulgi! Hurry carry her in while I grab some cold towels!" Wendy barked before facepalming her face.

***

"Seulgi, I think you ought to feel bad. Look at Irene now, she lost too much weight. Her beauty had stopped radiating." Wendy said to Seulgi in a hushed tone while they looked at Irene's peaceful face.

"Yeah, I noticed," Seulgi hummed.

"Didn't I told you to let her explain?" Wendy inquired.

"Yeah," Seulgi looked down at her feet that shuffled slightly every now and then, "I-I t-tried. Wan-ah, be-be-live me, I tried. B-but I'm scared, I'm scared of her explaination. I'm scared that she was just playing with my heart. I-I d-don't want to lose her, I-I love her, Wan-ah."

Wendy gave her a comforting hug. "Seulgi, you don't have to be scared. Just look at the state she is in. She haven't been eating properly and resting well ever since that break up. She even tried to explain herself to you but you kept ignoring it. If this doesn't show her love to you, I don't know what else can I do anymore. If you want to save this whole mess, you need a clear explaination and closure."

***

As Joohyun rosed from her deep slumber, she was first aware of something pressing on her forehead and the waft of cool air grazed across her face. She heard a clearing of throat. "Oh, you're awake. Let me just get some porridge that Wendy cooked." She heard someone saying.

She obviously knew who was that even in her state. It was her lover. The one and only one that made her heart flutter. The one that she would die for even if the latter cursed her to the pits of Hell. 

It was Seulgi.

Seulgi.

Seulgi.

"Seulgi." Joohyun rasped and Seulgi stopped doing whatever she was doing.

"I'm s-sorry. D-don't go. Please." Irene entreated. 

"I'm not going anywhere. I just going to the kitchen to scoop some porridge for you." Seulgi said calmly even though she was panicking internally. 

"Seulgi-ah, don't go please. I-" Joohyun got up, the towel on her forehead dropped on her lap.

"Joohyun, eat the porridge Wendy cooked for you and I will let you explain. Later." Seulgi interupted and went into the kitchen when Joohyun finally stayed quiet and looked at her.


She looks like a rabbit. Cute.


Wait what?

***

"Seulgi-ah," Joohyun started after Seulgi had settled everything including taking medicine.

There was a long moment of silence while Joohyun fidgeted with her fingers. Unknown to her, Seulgi had held in a breath, waiting for Joohyun's explaination. 

"I'm sorry." Joohyun finally muttered and Seulgi caught it due to the pin-drop silence in the dorm.

Seulgi waited for more, but there was nothing that came out from Joohyun's mouth. She released the breath that she kept and said, "I just want to know why."

"I-I heard from Wendy that you didn't like Irene," Joohyun took a deep breath, "you wouldn't give me a chance if you'd found out that I was Irene. that day when I bumped into you, I didn't want to ruin my chance so I introduced myself as Joohyun to let you know me without those rumors constantly ruining my image."

Joohyun squrimed under the intense gaze of Seulgi., not knowing what else to do since Seulgi wasn't talking. The silence in the room started clouding, making Joohyun awkward. The bunny-like girl had tried asking Wendy for a favour to talk to Seulgi but she wasn't sure if the talk had went through.

If she doesn't listen to her bestfriend, how would she even listen to me?

"Seulgi, I know that I don't have a good reputation here although I'm not sure why everyone just keeps calling me a player." Joohyun sighed, "I won't expect you to believe me but I really really do like you and I would never intentionally try to hurt or harm you." Seulgi lips twitched a little, but it was went unnoticed as Joohyun's head was hung low. 

"Those rumors you hear, they aren't true. I'm not a , hoe, girl or a player. I only told you that I was Joohyun because I was afraid of getting judged by you. It doesn't matter if other students out there hate me, I couldn't care any lesser about them. But if it was you, i have to be careful, because I care for you, Seul, I care about what you think about me. The months that we had together was the best days of my life, I'm not lying. The only thing I lied about was my name and nothing else. B-but if y-you want to have nothing to do with me anymore, I-I would have no o-objections."

Joohyun broke down in tears. She thought everything would be fine if Seulgi just listen to her explaination and not take her back, but right now, she was facing the reality and it is so much more painful. 

Seulgi was left stunned. She didn't expect such honest explanation. She tried racking her brains for a respond, but none of them seemed appropriate. Giving up, she got up from her seat and scoot over to Joohyun, engulfing the tiny girl into a comforting hug. "Why are you crying?"

Joohyun didn't reply her immediately, only wrapping her arms around the well toned girl and tightening their hug. "I'm really sorry..."

Seulgi pulled away from the hug and cupped Joohyun's cheeks, using her thumb to wipe away the fallen tears. "Don't be, get some rest, I have a class to attend now. We will talk later." Seulgi made Joohyun lie on the bed before putting a cold towel on her forehead, however the latter didn't seemed to be convinced by Seulgi's statement.

Sighing, Seulgi leaned her face forward, giving a light peck on Joohyun's cheeks and said, "Joohyun, I'll be back. I promise okay?" Seulgi didn't bother waiting for any reply, she got up and hastily swung her bag across her shoulders and rushed out of the building.

Joohyun blushed, her adrenaline shot up. Dramatically, she lifted her hands and gently used the tip of her fingers to brush across where Seulgi kissed her. 


I think, I still stand a chance.


***

"Joohyun?"

Joohyun turned around, facing a confused Seulgi. "Joohyun, shouldn't you be resting? What are you doing here?" Seulgi asked.

Joohyun scratched her head, lowering it as she mumbled, "I thought you wouldn't be back so I decided to wait for you here."

Seulgi chuckled, "Well, that's my dorm, if I don't go back there then where will I sleep?"

Embarassed, Joohyun looked at the floor, feeling stupid at her wild imagination of Seulgi leaving her. "Uh, Joohyun, I think we should head to somewhere quieter..." Seulgi said as she looked left and right, feeling awkward as she saw student looking at their direction.

Joohyun sighed and nodded her head

***

Both of them ended up at a park after a while of walking. It had been 15 minutes since they both sat down on the bench but none of them was talking. Joohyun wanted to speak up but she figured out that it was Seulgi's turn to speak.

"Joohyun," Seulgi called.

The latter immediately whirled her head to look at Seulgi, showing that she was interested in what Seulgi was about to say, even though it might hurt her.


Joohyun-ah, you are still so whipped for her.


"I had a girlfriend back in high school. Wendy introduced her to me. She was Wendy's cousin and we instantly hit off when we saw each other. We were in love, or maybe it was just me. Everything was going well, we went on many dates, we were almost reaching our second anniversary when she started becoming more busy. I brushed it off, thinking it was because she was a year older than me and had a difficult professor to handle."

Seulgi paused, gluping in the humid air. She was pretty sure she was rapping earlier.

"One day when I was hanging out with Wendy, I-I saw her. She was out with another friend and they were being really touchy and all, obviously I wasn't happy with it. I approached them but she told me that they were cousins and it was normal for them to be touchy. I believed. I was so madly in love to believe her lies and forgive her."

Seulgi's hands trembled and warm liquid slid out of her eyes. Joohyun noticed and was uncertained if she should hug the vulnerable bear but she decided to just hold Seulgi's hands, drawing random circles to calm her down.

"On the day of our second anniversary, we were supposed to meet up at our favourite restaurant. I arrived earlier than her and I was told to seat while I waited for her. However, she didn't came. I patiently waited for an hour, but that hour soon became two and by the time I knew it, the restaurant was closing. I was so worried, thinking something happened to her, I tried calling her many times but she didn't pick up. I tried calling Wendy but even she didn't know where could her cousin have gone.

"I panicked. I even tried calling her parents, but all they told me was that their daughter had went out. That made me even more worried. I thought she had gotten into an accident. I didn't see her anymore after that, even the place she was living in, I couldn't find her. It was as if she was just a dream. I messaged and called her everyday but she would read nor pick my calls up. I was starting to think I was hallucinating that I have a girlfriend but suddenly she sent me a picture of the girl she was so touchy with. They were kissing each other in thaf picture and told me that she was just toying with my heart. She just dumped me through a text and I was so broken then."

Joohyun felt sorry for Seulgi and cursed under her breath for lying to the poor girl. She rubbed and patted the younger's back like how Yerim did, hoping it would have an effect to sooth the younger girl.

"I was such a wreck. I drowned myself in misery, refusing to attend school until the principal almost expelled me. Wendy tried inviting some friends over, but none helped. This was why I hated Irene. I got reminded of my ex-lover that dumped me as she wished. This was why I was so enraged when I found out that you lied to me. I was so sure that Joohyun was everything but my ex and Irene.

"I hated you, Irene."

Joohyun felt her eyes water and she tried stopping it because she was suppose to comfort the younger girl. The hand that was used to rub Seulgi's back went limp and fell back to her side. She felt so guilty for lying to the poor girl.


Joohyun, you ed up real bad.


"I'm sorry Seulgi, I think I should go." Joohyun apologised with tears streaming down her cheeks. Joohyun got up from her seat painstakingly and was about to take a step when a firm yet gentle hand stopped her by her wrist.

"Stay," Seulgi firmly said, but Joohyun shook her head and tried to pry from Seulgi's grip but she failed obviously as the latter was at least five times stronger than her.

"Where are you going?" Seulgi asked.

"I..I..." Joohyun stammered, "I'm sorry for hurting you." Joohyun tried to break free from Seulgi's grasp but the bear only interlaced their fingers together secretly.

"I hated you, Irene," 

Joohyun closed her eyes and took a deep breath, lips slightly trembling. "I know, I'm sorry...."

"Do you know what I'm saying?" 

Joohyun timidly nodded.

Seulgi raised a brow, looking skeptical. "Really? So what did I say?" Seulgi questioned.

"You said you hate me."

"That's not what I said," Seulgi said, her tone laced with a little disappointment.

Joohyun looked up, face lighting a little, as she grabbed onto the last string of hope left in her and prayed. Joohyun saw Seulgi's lips twitch and it broke into a small smile. "Huh?" Was what all Joohyun could say.

"I hated the Irene everyone talked about. I hated the Irene who went about breaking people's heart. Most importantly, I hated the Irene that lied."

"Wha-"

"But you aren't that Irene. You are the Irene that I came to know as Joohyun. Wendy made me realised why you could have lied. Wendy was right. I wouldn't have given you a damn chance if I knew that you were Irene.

"I'm sorry for not listening to your reasons. I was really hurt and thought that I was being played again. I didn't want history to repeat again so I tried avoiding you. I'm sorry."

Joohyun waved her hands frantically. "No, I-I didn't know you had a.... bad relationship in the past... it was my fault for not clearing up these rumors. If I had known, I wouldn't have-"

"I wouldn't have known the real you, Joohyun. Forgive me?" Seulgi pouted at Joohyun and tugged her down to the seat beside her. That was when Joohyun realised that their hands were locked tightly together.

"I have long forgave you." Joohyun smiled. Seulgi stared at her as Joohyun fumbled around and whipped out am extremely large can of Pringles and handled it to Seulgi with two hands.

"I'm really sorry for what I have done. Would you forgive me and start all over again?" Joohyun timidly asked.

"Of course I do! Who wouldn't resist the temptation of Pringles?" Seulgi screamed and grabbed the large can of Pringles.

"Oh, um, there is still more Pringles laying in my house... thet were meant for you.... Should we go to my house to binge-watch movies and munch on some Pringles?" Joohyun offered her hand to Seulgi and scratched her head in awkwardness.

"Oh my gosh! Yes! Let's go!" Seulgi jumped from her seat and grabbed onto Joohyun's outstretched hand, dragging the older girl who was groaning.

"Seulgi?" 

"Hmm?" Seulgi questioned.


"It's the other way."

***

 

A/N:

We have officially come to an end of this very short story. To my dear Seulrene shippers who waited long for me, I would like to thank you for your constant patience and support. Whether be it those silent readers to readers who leave many encouraging comments, I really appreciate for who you are.

I am actually more of a Buddy(Gfriend fandom) than Reveluv, hence I would of course write more Gfriend fics. I have many intention of writing another Seulrene fics, but for now I would not be doing so as I would be shifting my focus back to writing Gfriend fanfics.

Till then, see ya my lovely readers.

-R.B