Fin.

Irene or Joohyun?

A/N: 

This story was created by me a few years ago due to the fact that a teacher told our class to write a random story, however, there was a better story i wrote, hence i sent that other story to my teacher. 

I felt that the plot of the story was too good to be kept in my draft files, so a few edits here and there and you get this story.

***

"Did you know, that Irene broke her girlfriend's heart yesterday, and today someone caught her flirting with another girl. Gosh, what a . I pity the girl she's with now."

"What? Again? I don't even know why i am still shocked hearing this news every single time."

Seulgi rolled her eyes at the two gossipers beside their table and sighed. "Sometimes I wonder who is better. Gosspiers spreading such information or Players breaking people's heart." 

Wendy chucked. "Ya know, if you stop cooping up in the domitory, you would have known that gossiping is not something new." 

"And I've heard about that rumor." Wendy paused as she subtly pointed her fingers to those two students. "Irene. People say she dumps every single girl after a week, if the person she is dating for the time being is lucky, then the relationship might last for two weeks? Or maybe three weeks. People say she is always around a different girl on a weekly basis."

Seulgi frowned. "Wait, if she is so infamous, then why don't I know her?"

"Firstly, it is because you never leave your dorm unless you have lessons, which is why you don't hear these gossips." Wendy flicked a finger at Seulgi's forehead, earning a wince from her. "Secondly, this school is so huge and simply she has a different course, hence her class would be far of from ours. Actually, most people do not know who is she. They just know about her existence because of these rumors"

"She probably ain't that of a good person."

"Seulgi... don't let your emotions judge her too quickly." Wendy offered a weak smile.

Wendy didn't think that Seulgi paid much attention to her words when Seulgi just shrugged her shoulders but she will just let that slide for now.

***

"Yah! Seulgiiiiii! You got to hear this man!" Wendy jumped onto Seulgi's bed and shook her body violently.

"Huh.... what..." Seulgi yawned, and got up, rubbing her tired eyes.

"Do you remember Irene?"

"Who?" Seulgi questioned, half dozing back to sleep.

"Irene. The girl we talked about just a few days ago, Sluggie."

"Uh huh... why?"

"Well...she just so happened to be in the same class as me for Literature. Like- Can you believe it?" Wendy exclaimed.

Seulgi stared are her for a good 5 seconds before slumping her head back onto the pillow. "Wow. Good for you." Seulgi mumbled and almost nodded off but Wendy begun speaking again.

"I realised that Irene isn't as bad as you perceived her ya' know?"

Seulgi drowsily pushed Wendy aside. "I can't believe you woke me up just to tell me this..." Seulgi mumbled.

"What? It's an interesting piece of news okay?"

"It's not." Seulgi lifelessly said.

"What if I told you that she likes you?" Wendy looked at Seulgi with bright, sparkly eyes, hoping that will interest the other girl.

Seulgi cracked a laugh and got up, facing the other girl. "Did you really expect me to believe you? We barely even know each other." She held up a hand and silenced Wendy off before continuing. "Furthermore, she is a player. A freaking playgirl. Do you want me to go through a hell of a heartbreak again? Wasn't that cousin of yours enough to finish me off?"

Wendy went mummed for a while, her face falling. "Look Seulgi, I-I didn't know that Moonbyul could be like this. I honestly thought she was nice."

"Exactly. So don't tell me that this Irene is nice because you have such a bad judgement of someone's character." Seulgi emphasised every word she said but instantly regretted when she saw the hurt expression on Wendy's face. "Sorry, I got too caught up in the moment." Seulgi apologised.

"It's fine. You are right. I'm not a good judge of character. Go back to sleep. I’m sorry for disturbing you.” Wendy got off the bed and walked out of the dorm, gingerly closing the door behind her.

Seulgi groaned in frustration and slumped her head back onto the pillow. She felt genuinely sorry on how she treated Wendy earlier. She could not help it, Wendy had just touched on a topic she didn’t want to hear, especially when she had just woken up abruptly, making her more cranky.

She jutst hoped that when she wake up again, everything would be alright with the other Canadian girl.

***

”Hey, did you hear, Irene just got a new girl? Heard that the previous relationship was the shortest she had. 4 freaking days!”

”God, that hoe better calm her  down. I wonder how people want her as a girlfriend when they are going to get ditch the very next moment?”

Seulgi sighed as she zig zag her way through the hallway filled with students. It had been a month since she last talked about Irene with Wendy and she had been hearing non stop about this Irene girl. She can’t believe that she had never noticed people gossiping about Irene, but now after hearing about this player, she wished she could unhear or block those gossips that were starting to get annoying to her. 

Well, there was a reason why Wendy called her Sluggie. 

Too busy finding her locker amidst students, she didn’t notice another student was briskly walking towards her direction, resulting in a collision, with both landing on the ground with a loud thud. 

"Argh! That ing hurts!" Seulgi winced in pain as she rubbed on the sore spot.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry! I'm really really sorry! I didn't see where I was going!" The other student, clearly flustered, quickly lended a hand to Seulgi which Seulgi grabbed it and got up. Seulgi dusted the dirt off the ground and looked at the student who bumped into her. "I-I'm a-alrigh-t." Seulgi stuttered when she got a better look of the student. 

Aphrodite.

Unknowingly, she felt her cheek getting hotter and hotter. Silently crossing her fingers in her heart, she hoped and prayed that the latter in front of her did not notice her redden cheeks. But all the other girl did was to exhale a sigh. "Thank god."

"A-are you new? I've never seen you here b-before." Seulgi spluttered and shyly rubbed her nape, embarassed that she was a whole mess infront of this girl.

"Ah! Nonono," the girl infront of her vigorously shook her head and brought two hands up and waved frantically. "I am just from another course."

Seulgi nodded her head, clearing  before asking, "What brings you here? May i help with anything?"

"A-Ah n-no i-it's okay. I was... I was... just looking for a friend. Yeah. A friend." The girl nervously laughed.

Fortunately, the dumb bear did not catch on the nervousness laced in the girl's sentences. Instead, Seulgi confidently stretched out her hands and introduced herself with a wide smile. "Hi, I'm Seulgi, Kang Seulgi!"

The other girl looked at the out stretched hand and lifted her slightly shaky hands and grabbed the out reached hands. "I'm Ire- Joohyun. Bae Joohyun, Year 4. Nice to meet you." Joohyun gave Seulgi a small smile.

"Oh, I'm in Year 1, that makes you my unnie. Heck, you look younger than me.." Seulgi exclaimed, which obviously made Joohyun blushed. "Oh, since you are not familiar around here, do you want me to help you find your friend?"

"Oh, on a second thought, I'll just find her after school. I'll see ya' around I guess?" 

***

"Hey, how's sch-"

"Horrible. Absolutely horrible."

"What happened?"

She slammed her face into the pillow, letting the softness of it engulf her face. "I bumped into her." She said, voice muffled by the pillow.

"Aw, it's not that bad.. so-"

"Literally." She lifted her head and faced the younger girl. "We bumped into each other and we both fell."

"Oh god." The younger girl facepalmed herself. "So, did you finally introduced yourself?"

"Yes-"

"Oh my gosh! Finally my timid sister dares to speak in front of her crush! Congrats Rene-ah! I'm so proud of you." The younger girl pretended to wipe her imaginary tears.

"But here's another thing. I didn't tell her who I was."

"What?"

"I introduced myself as Joohyun. I didn't tell her that I am Irene."

"Uh huh, so what?"

Joohyun could only sigh as she hugged the pillow in her arms. "Well, her roommate, Wendy, is my partner for Literature class. I told her that I liked Seulgi, in hopes that she could help us get closer." Joohyun paused, making sure her little idiotic sister could understand what she said. "But Wendy told me that Seulgi doesn't like Irene because of her reputation as a player..... I wanted to spend more time with her, so i decided to introduce myself as Joohyun."

"Oh my -" 

Before her little sister could curse further, Joohyun threw the pillow at her and barked, "Languague, Yerim!"

"Ouch! Fine, I'm sorry!" Yerim whined. "Wait, so are you going to pretend forever? You know that both of youu will get hurt once she finds out right?"

"I know, just- just let me enjoy her presence before she knows that I'm Irene okay?" Joohyun sighed as she rubbed her temple.

"You know what? Don't come crying to me when she figure it all out, Unnie." Yerim shrugged before continuing her homework.

***

"My dear Sluggieeee..." Wendy cooed and back hugged her. "Wanna hang out today? It's been a while since we last had some time with each other."

Seulgi grimaced and shrugged Wendy off her back. "Wan? How about next time? I'm hanging out with someone today. I'm sorry." Seulgi apologises.

"Oh, finally someone decided to get a friend aside from me. Now spill it, who is that person?" 

Seulgi could only blush at the sudden mention person that popped in her mind. Ever since that incident, Joohyun and Seulgi had been hanging oout often, be it at the park or at mall. Seulgi couldn't deny that Joohyun was a literally walking godness and she enjoyed every single moment spent with Joohyun. Seulgi may be a little dumb, but she knew that she had been smiling a lot lately and she noticed that with each day passing, she started looking forward to going school, and it was all because of one person.

"Seulgi?"

"Joohyun. Bae Joohyun. I heard that she takes the same course as you do." Seulgi truthfully answered.

Wendy scratched her head and furrowed her brows. "Who is that? The only Bae I know is Irene Bae, that player."

"God, talking about that player, I swear like seriously, she needs to stop having such a reputation in this school. Now all I'm constantly hearing is her and it is getting annoying." Seulgi rolled her eyes.

"Okay fine. Let's stop talking about her. Anyhow, I'm not sure about a Bae Joohyun in Literature, well I'm still new in that class so I might not know everyone." Wendy lifted her shoulders. "Hope you have a great time with your new friend, but please still remember me too." Wendy jokingly added.

Seulgi chuckled. "Over my dead body."

***

Silence enveloped both of them as they  on their ice cream. It was just one of their usual days where they prefer silence over everything else. Well, maybe it was just Seulgi happily enjoying her ice cream bought by Joohyun. On the other hand, Joohyun nervously fidgeted in her spot, occassionally glancing at the younger girl who was busy chomping down the ice cream.

Joohyun turned her body and faced Seulgi. She hesitatingly opened , only to close it when no voice came out. Dejectedly, she turned her body back to the front. She groaned inwards when her brain just had to jumble all the words up. It was rare to see the calm and composite girl panicking. If Yerim was here, I swear she would have a good cackle over my state of anxiety now.

"Joohyun? Joohyun!" Seulgi voice startled Joohyun and she squeaked in respond. "Why aren't you eating your ice cream? It is melting already." Seulgi pointed out.

"Oh, yeah..." Joohyun mumbled and lifted the ice cream to eat.

"Are you okay? Did anything happen?" Seulgi questioned when she noticed that Joohyun was not really herself.

"H-uh? No, I'm fine."

"No you don't." Seulgi mumbled softly but Joohyun heard it.

"Seulgi." Joohyun said with an authoriative tone. "I have something to tell you."

Seulgi snapped her head and looked at Joohyun. "Hmm?"

Joohyun-ah... Joohyun-ah.... there is no return. Your relationship with her can only have two path. Either she will ignore you or you two will have a happy ending. Dear God please bless me.. I've been a very good kid... 

"Joohyun?" Seulgi called out. "What do you need to tell me?"

"Uh," Joohyun snapped back to reality, the confidence earlier seemed to vanish into the thin air. She swear that she could feel her heart precipitating at the edge of . Wiping her sweaty palms on her jeans she finally opened  to speak.











"I-I-I li-k-ke y-y-ou, Seul-gi."











God, Yerim is so gonna laugh her  off after hearing this.






Seulgi blinked her eyes repeatedly, clearly suprised by the sudden confession. She grinned widely, heart bursting with joy but it stopped when Joohyun spoke again, "Never mind, pretend like nothing had happened between-"

"Joohyun." Seulgi interupted.

"I like you too." Seulgi grinned sheepishly.

Joohyun's eyes grew larger and she looked at Seulgi. "You do?"

Seulgi nodded her head., "Ever since we first met each other." She confessed and shyly looked into Joohyun's orbs.

Joohyun excitedly pulled Seulgi into a hug. Silence took over them while they quickly munched on the melting cones. "Is yours nice?" Joohyun asked. Seulgi hummed and nodded her head. "You want some?"

Joohyun nodded and brushed her lips on Seulgi's, left Seulgi stunned for a few moments. The imaginary fireworks that seemed to pop behind them, the tingles from Joohyun's lips and desires from beneath that erupted made Seulgi recriprocate the kiss. Feeling Seulgi's lips moving forward, Joohyun smiled, her worries thrown aside because she knew that Seulgi felt the same for her.


At least, until Seulgi finds out about her identity as Irene.


***


"Yah! Where are you bringing me too?" Joohyun asked irritatedly for the umpteen time.

"Come on, you will know it soon." Seulgi grinned and continued tugging Joohyun's hand. Ever since school ended for both of them, Seulgi had dragged Joohyun to an unknown place without telling her, and no matter how much Joohyun asked her, she would not say.

"You know I hate surprises like this right? Are you bringing me to a haunted house? Or a club-" Joohyun was silenced with a long kiss by Seulgi. 

"Trust me alright? Nothing of such sort." Seulgi pacified and Joohyun nodded, throwing all other assumptions aside.

After a few more tugs, turning and twisting and no more complains from Joohyun, they finally arrived at the entrace of a small cafe. Seulgi turned and face Joohyun and cupped her cheeks. "Hey, I'm sorry that i didn't tell you beforehand, we have been dating for about 3 months now and my friends have been insisting on seeing you. Don't worry, she is a very nice person."

Joohyun frozed. . Wendy is Seulgi's friend. She doesn't know me as Joohyun. No... 

Her brain shut down immediately. She was clammy and there was a glisten of cold sweat. Joohyun was about to object but all that came out of her parched mouth was a croak when Seulgi's fast reflex pulled her into the cafe. 

As she was forcefully pulled into the cafe, she saw two lady sitting down beside each other and there were two other empty seats in front of them. She recongise Wendy but was unsure of the other one. 

Both Wendy's and Joohyun's eyes met at the same time but before Joohyun could signal not to say anything, Wendy had already stood up with eyes wide opened and shouted, "Irene?!"





.




"Huh what are you talking about?"






Oh my god, sometimes I really applaud this bear for being overly dumb.





"Seulgi, Irene is beside you. Is she the one you are going to introduce to us?" Wendy asked, mouth agape.

"Huh?" 

"Oh my god! You really are the almighty Bae Irene!" Joy stood up and walked up towards Joohyun, who is clearly frightened out of her wits. 

Meanwhile, Seulgi had long turned quiet. Why was everyone calling Joohyun, Irene? No.. it can't be....

The hand that rested on Joohyun's arm slided down silently and hung restlessly. Her fist clenched tightly together, nails almost piercing through her palms. Unknowingly, her eyes started to water, making her eyes glossy.










"You lied to me.."








Seulgi whispered, but it was enough for everyone around her to be silent.

"No.. Please let me explain..." Joohyun begged and clutched onto Seulgi's arms but was thrown off by Seulgi.

"You lied to me?" Seulgi repeated, her tone increasing with each word said.

"Seulgi, calm down," Wendy rubbed Seulgi's back, trying to douse the fire in her body. 

Seulgi attention turned to Wendy. "Calm down? You expect me to calm down when she lied to me?!"

"I can explain-" Joohyun shakily said, tear-strickened.

"So, since you are that great Irene," Seulgi mockingly said through her gritted teeth, "then, this time round, the girl you are playing is me? Right?"

Seulgi can't believe this level of absurdness. There she was enjoying the last three months with Joohyun, thinking that she was the whole opposite person of Irene. Now she understood why Irene managed to lure people to go dates with her and then dumping them. She finally understood why whenever she walked down the corridor with Joohyun, people would always stare at her and whisper something inaudible to her. Everything was falling into place.

"Seulgi, let me explain, please," Joohyun got down on her knees and tightly clutched Seulgi's jeans.

Seulgi didn't know she had such a tremendous anger inside her small body. Her entire body shook with anger and hatred as she started at Joohyun with blood shot eyes.












"There is nothing you need to explain, Irene Bae," Seulgi growled before kicking Joohyun's grip off her jeans and walked out of the cafe, not caring if Joohyun got hurt. 









Was it all a lie when you told me 'I love you'?

***