It's Time

The Life of the Sixth Member

The day had come. The day that all of you had been waiting for and preparing for had come and you felt the combination of excitement and nerve all over your body. This was the chance all of you could show the world that you deserved the place you were in and how much you loved what you do. 

It's time for Red Velvet's 3rd concert and aside from singing some b-sides you never got to sing live before, each member got a chance to have a solo performance of whatever they wanted. The Goddess-like leader decided on a solo dance performance which really showed her dancing skills. Irene really knew how to perform such a y number with the right amount of precision and elegance needed. The self-proclaimed cutie-y Joy decided to also have a dance solo, which really showed her improved dancing skills and her aura.

She really lived up to that claim. 

Seulgi made a cover of Uncover and it really showed her story. She wanted to tell how she wanted to love herself the minute she took off the mask, and that reflected what she was feeling. Plus, the performance showed both her vocals and dance skills and she didn't deserve any less. 

The angel-like main vocalist of the generation decided to sing her favourite Red Velvet song, Light Me Up. She made the song a bit jazzy, just like she wanted, and her blonde hair and blue contacts really brought the whole concept together you were sure the fangirls would lose it the moment they saw her. You truly thought this was Wendy's era.

The maknae of the group, your mischevious little Yeri, decided to perform her single which showed her improved and matured vocal. When she first published the song she sounded a little childish but listening to her voice now really showed how much she had grown. You actually cried a little watching her during practice because you couldn't believe how much time had passed since you first met her. 

You? Well, you decided on performing one of your absolute favourite b-sides, Atta Boy. Even though at first it might not seem like it would fit the theme of this year's concert, it fit your image perfectly and the adjustments made were wonderful so it worked perfectly. You had created the choreo for it too so you got to show both your vocals and dance skills.  

After a month of preparation, it was time for the first day of the concert. The first half of it had gone smoothly and it was time for the solo performances. Wendy was currently filling the arena with her wonderous vocals and you were waiting backstage, almost losing your mind with nervousness and excitement. 

"You ready, Eli?" Irene approached your figure who was walking back and forth, waiting for your turn. 

Your head snapped up in attention and you sighed heavily before giving her a smile, not wanting to worry her. She immediately took you into her arms and you sighed in contentment. 

Her hugs were the best that you felt your worries melt away. 

"What's wrong? You shouldn't be nervous, you did so well during the practice!" 

You carefully nuzzled closer into her embrace, minding both your makeup and her outfit. "I don't know... I'm just nervous that I would mess up or the fans wouldn't be satisfied," you sighed again as you were finally able to release your pent up concerns. You had been hiding this from the members as you didn't want to add even more things to worry about. 

"But I'm also excited and I don't know what I'm actually feeling," you shook your head a bit. "I'm probably talking nonsense, Unnie, I'm sorry." 

Irene frowned and pulled you back from the hug so you would look at her instead. As you did, she brushed the little bit of hair that had covered your forehead. 

Aside from your worries, she couldn't help but got side-tracked because she thought the dark blue really suited you. "Hey, you feel what you feel," she addressed your worries. "It's okay to be nervous but you also have to understand that the fans love you, Eli-ah, and they would not be disappointed," she made sure you really took in everything she said. "You worked hard and they know that, so they would gladly receive anything you give them, understand?" She smiled her special smile and you felt like the heaviness was lifted off your chest.  

"Besides, I'm sure they would lose their minds when they realised you're singing that song," your guardian gave you her smirk and you giggled, pinching her sides to which she squealed in response. 

The staff beside you had to shush you both so you wouldn't make too much noise. 

"Unnie~" you whined and she pinched your cheek in reply as a response to your actions. 

"Go get ready. I believe in you, Eli-ah, and you should too." She turned serious again and you nodded to her words, no hint of humour in your eyes. "Got it?" 

You nodded again and stood straighter, putting your arms around her shoulder to bring her into your embrace instead as you gave her forehead a loving kiss. "I got it, Unnie. I love you.

She knew that was a way to thank her so she closed her eyes, embracing your warmth for a little more before she had to shoo you to get ready. "I love you too, El. Now go." 

You smiled then stepped back, letting her go from your hug. "I'll make me and everyone proud, Unnie." 

Listening to that Irene grinned. "I know you will, Eli-ah."

With that you ran towards your side of the stage, preparing to enter it. You took deep breaths and closed your eyes, listening to Wendy's voice and the crowd cheering and singing along. 

You would remember this moment forever. You opened your eyes with a new determination, swearing that you would enjoy every moment of your performance. 

And you did, and so did the fans. They actually lost their minds when they realised you were performing the kinda badass song that really brought out your girl-crush image. They thought the rendition was also very fitting and they were glad you got to showcase your talents. 

After the concert ended all of you had a lovely dinner before resting for the concert the next day. You were so glad that you could experience this with the people that you considered as your sisters and you couldn't wait to do it all over again.