Chapter 1

A Hunter's Secret

Kangmin sat at the desk in his room, going through his emails on his laptop. He hoped that Kino and Chan were available to chat, since Chan wanted to meet Kino. He seemed to be alone for today at least, as the rest of his team were out doing their own things and Hohyeon wasn't due home for another couple days for the weekend.

A message popped up on Skype and it was Kino, saying he was available. Chan also got back to him and said he was available so Kangmin started the call, waving at Kino and Chan.

"How's your day going?" Asked Kangmin. "I finally broke these span of bad days, good lord," said Kino as he scratched the back of his head. "That's good to hear, I heard about what the drug does to 'shifters," said Chan. "And my day was okay, I had to do some work around the house with Jun," he said.

"So I heard I was being introduced to someone," said Kino. "Yeah, Kino this is Chan, Chan this is Kino," said Kangmin. "Nice to finally meet you," said Chan. "I was talked about a lot then?" Kino asked, laughing some. "Yes," Kangmin said with a chuckle.

"So what's the real reason for this call? It seemed urgent," said Chan. "Well," said Kangmin. "I had to make sure I was home alone for a bit but I wanted some advice," he said. "Finally plan on coming out to everyone then?" Asked Kino. "I assume you already told Chan since he's in here," he added. "Yeah," said Kangmin.

"How about this," started Kino as he adjusted in his seat, moving to sit where he was hugging his knees. "Come out to one person at a time, start with the person you're closest to," he said. "I don't have any real experience with this but," said Chan as he scratched the back of his head. "Wouldn't it be easier to come out to the oldest first?" He asked.

"Sometimes that's never a good thing to do," said Kino as he shook his head. "Jinho wasn't okay with it at first," he said. "He eventually came around right?" Asked Chan. "Yeah, but that was after Shinwon came around and said he was okay with it," said Kino.

"I think it depends on your own judgement at that point," said Chan. "I don't plan on coming out to Taeseon until after everyone knows," said Kangmin. "He's your team leader right?" Asked Kino. "Yes," said Kangmin. "Well, I didn't come out to Hui until after I told Hongseok and Changgu," said Kino. "I think it's a sound strategy," he said. "Make sure you have everyone else's back in case something goes wrong," he said.

"Of course, there's always going to be those who are against it," said Chan. "Yes, but you have to look passed those and go for the ones who are on your side," said Kino. "Let's do this," said Kangmin. "I'll come out to a person on my team one at a time and then call you after every encounter," he said. "I can't guarantee being there after everything but I'll try," said Kino. "I'll be able to have a bit more leeway since Donghun knows I'm helping you with things," said Chan.

"Just let me know if something goes wrong," said Kino. "I'll try and be there after every situation but I don't know how long these good days will last," he said. "That's alright," said Chan. "Let your pack know and they can fill in for you," he said. "If that's okay," said Kangmin. "I'd like to have more people who understand the situation in on this," he said. "I'll have to ask everyone to see if they're okay with it," said Kino. "But I'm sure they won't mind," he said.

The door opened and Taeseon yelled that he was home, causing Kangmin to end the call after saying goodbye. Kangmin went downstairs to find Taeseon, Jihun and Hayoung standing in the livingroom. "Welcome back," he said. "How was your day?" Asked Taeseon. "Just fine, I got to talk to Kino and Chan for a little bit earlier," said Kangmin.

Jihun studied Kangmin with a tilt of his head before shaking his head. "Did you eat yet?" He asked. "I was going to get something when someone came home," said Kangmin as he went into the kitchen. "I don't want to make too much and waste it so," he said, shrugging. "Do you guys want anything?" He called. "No we're good," called Hayoung. "I'm going out to the lake then," called Kangmin as he grabbed a drink and a sandwich from the fridge before going next door to see if anyone from the pack next door would join him tonight.

It was Jeno who decided to join him this time around, following after Kangmin in wolf form before putting up his human illusion after they reached the lake. "What's on your mind today?" Asked Jeno as he sat on the boulder with Kangmin, looking out at the water. "A lot," said Kangmin as he split his sandwich with Jeno before taking a bite of the sandwich. "I can see that," said Jeno as he ate his half of the sandwich.

"I just don't know what to do," confessed Kangmin as he sighed. "What's wrong?" Asked Jeno as he turned to Kangmin. "Well, I know that my uality is known within the pack, I mean they had to know everything before letting me in," said Kangmin as he sighed. "But my team is different," he said.

"You plan on coming out to them?" Asked Jeno as he tilted his head to the side. "Yeah," said Kangmin. "But it's harder than it looks," he said. "I just don't know what to do," he said. "Hey," said Jeno as he put a hand on Kangmin's shoulder. "You have everyone's back, and somewhere to go if they kick you out," he said. "But I don't want to cause a war between the pack and my team," said Kangmin. "I'd have to leave regardless," he said. Jeno hummed, looking out at the water.

Around midnight Kangmin decided to go home, having spent most of the evening out at the lake. Jeno accompanied him back to the house before heading home himself, wishing Kangmin luck. When Kangmin entered the house, Jihun was waiting for him in the kitchen.

"Didn't have to wait on me," mumbled Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "It's alright," said Jihun. "I can tell something's been troubling you," he said. "You can tell me anything okay?" He asked. Kangmin nodded. "Thanks, hyung," he said before walking passed Jihun and heading upstairs to his room.