en un clin d'oeil

l'esprit de l'escalier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wang Jackson, what are you doing at my house at this hour?" Jaehyun raised an eyebrow at Chinese boy standing at his doorstep bright and early at 8am on a Saturday. 

"Hyung, I couldn't sleep last night. My mind is going crazy. I asked Sohye to tutor me in chemistry but she said no. I was wondering if you could be my tutor instead. I can't afford to fail the class or else I won't be able to compete in this years national fencing tournament." Jackson explained. 

"To be honest my hands are quite tied up at the moment. I'm tutoring three other students already and Haera will kill me if I miss another date night."

"I am screwed!" Jackson wailed.

"Let me talk to Sohye."

"Really?" 

"Yes, come in." Jaehyun stepped aside and allowed Jackson to enter the Jung residence. "Sohye!" Jaehyun called. 

"Yes?" Sohye rushed out of her room and raced down the stairs thinking Jaehyun called her for an emergency. She stopped and began to retrace her steps back up the staircase when she locked eyes with Jackson. 

"Ah wait!" Jackson reached out for her and nearly tripped over his feet. 

"What is he doing here?!" Sohye squealed and rushed back into her room. 

"Sohye, please open up." Jaehyun knocked on her door. "Jackson needs help in his classes. I'm too busy with other students at the moment so can you do me a favor and tutor him?"

"Taeil is smart too, ask him to tutor Jackson!" 

"Sohye, I asked you, not Taeil." 

"Ask Taeil instead!" 

"Sohye."

"Jaehyun."

"Come out." Jaehyun couldn't help but smile when at his sister's adorable pout when she opened the door just enough to show her face. "He's nice. Go help him." 

"Fine." Sohye sighed. "But starting next weekend, I'm going out today." 

"Where?"

"The mall." 

"With who?" 

"Yuta oppa." 

"Like on a date?" 

"N-no!" Sohye blushed. "We're hanging out as friends!" 

"Whatever you say." Jaehyun patted her head. 

 

Sohye sat across the dining room table from her new tutee. She bit the inside of her cheek before narrowing her eyes at Jackson. "We will meet once a week every Sunday to review class material. You may call or text me during the weekday if you have any questions on homework." She exchanged phones with Jackson and input her number. Sohye chuckled at the name she saw he put for himself as his contact: Wang Puppy. 

"You promise to protect me if I become your tutor?"

"Of course." Jackson nodded eagerly. "No one is gonna lay a hand on Jung Sohye! Scouts honor!" He saluted. 

"You were a boys scout?" 

"No, I just said it for emphasis." 

"Oh." 

"But you have Got7's protection 24/7." 

"I hate fangirls." Sohye blew a raspberry. 

"Can I ask you something?"

"What?" 

"Why do people bully you? It's not like you're mean or you did anything wrong. If anything you're practically mute." 

Sohye swallowed hard before slowly answering, "Because humans take out their insecurities on a scapegoat. And I just happen to be that scapegoat no matter where I go." 

"You were bullied at your old school as well?"

"Yeah. Teenagers are real s."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter