Three

Being Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yes.

No.

Yes! Damn it!

....

CALL HER!

Hwiyoung had been arguing with himself for twenty minutes. He wanted to call Tzuyu but then he didn't. He would stare at the lock screen on his phone and of course it was picture of him kissing Tzuyu on the cheek as she smiled closing her eyes. He loved that picture of them because the background was a beautiful sunset that he took her too on their three month anniversary.

It has been amazing the past few months and they just had their fourth month anniversary before they hit this wall between them.

At first he thought the idea was nuts but he knew Tzuyu liked simple stuff. As long as she was smiling by the end of the night and giving him a kiss, he was content.

And it did.

- - -

Tzuyu gaped at the open ladder from outside his room on the balcony to the roof. "You expect me to climb that and get on roof?"

Hwiyoung smirked showing his gums. "Of course."

She playfully glared at him crossing her arms under her chest. "I don't know."

Hwiyoung went behind her and hugged her kissing the crook of her neck nuzzling himself into it. "Come on Princess. I'll go first and I'll help you once you reach the top. Promise."

Tzuyu looked away from the ladder and shivered seeing the water below them.

Well.. it's better than the water.

"Alright."

Hwiyoung smiled wide into her neck and playfully nipped a piece of her skin making her yelp in her place but soon giggled. "Excellent!"

Tzuyu felt him let go and kiss her cheek and go up the ladder first and as soon as he reached the top, he smiled giving her the ok to come up. She took in a deep breath before climbing up. "You know just because I fear the water, doesn't mean I'm not scared of heights."

Hwiyoung chuckled. "I figured much but you'll be fine up here."

Tzuyu reached the top and quickly grabbed onto Hwiyoung the moment he held out his hand and helped her get on the roof. "How long are your parents gone this time?"

He shrugged. "Two weeks."

"Do the boys stay with you?"

"They each take turns but honestly speaking, Dawon eats the most when Inseong and Jaeyoon cook so I have to make sure I get plenty of food." He picked up the blanket that was on the roof and opened it up before spreading it wide for them to sit down.

Tzuyu sat down first pulling her legs to her chest. She then watched Hwiyoung get another blanket and wrap it around her since it was a chilly night. "Maybe one of these days, I could stay with you?"

Hwiyoung froze before he sat down and met her eyes. "Really?"

She nodded feeling her face get hot.

Thankfully its dark already.

I won't be teased.

"Well why not? I already did once." Tzuyu watched him sit next to her, getting closer to wrap his arm around her.

"That was when I saved you from drowning and it was by accident."

"So?" She rolled her eyes nudging him away playfully.

"I would love it if you stayed over one or two nights." He leaned forward taking in her lips with his tenderly. "I can hold you while we sleep comfortably."

"As long as you don't get carried away Gummy." She kissed him back gently on his bottom lip, between hers.

"I would never Princess." He smiled between kisses. It was the most wonderful feeling inside him, kissing the girl he completely fell for and made him into mush each time they shared a kiss. "Look up."

Tzuyu smiled and did what she was told and let out a gasp seeing the beautiful night sky shining with countless stars above them. She bit her bottom lip and each star that flickered reminded her of fireflies when their light goes out but comes back to life. "This is amazing!"

Hwiyoung kissed her cheek and then down to her earlobe. "Happy fourth month, Princess."

Tzuyu wrapped one arm around his neck pulling him closer to her. She felt his lips touch her neck again like before, outside his room.

He chuckled into her neck and kissed it. He held her tighter before he let go and looked up as well staring at the night sky with the stars.

- - -

No answer.

Hwiyoung sighed putting his cell down and leaned back on his sofa. He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his light brown hair.

Maybe some fresh air will do me some good.

He grabbed his phone and walked out the door locking it after him. He stuffed his hands in his pocket walking down the street until he found the sidewalk. It was close to dinner time and he couldn't stop thinking about Tzuyu.

He wished he could've stopped her before she left school grounds. They could've talked out their problems instead of avoiding each other.

He sighed looking down at his shoes. His left shoe was untied. He didn't want to but he had to stop and tie it. But for now, he kept walking taking another path. He grabbed his phone again and tried calling Tzuyu, hoping she would answer.

Yet every time he dialed her number, his heart was racing quickly feeling anxious and nervous all over again like when they first met. But there was no way to keep calm due to what happened. If anything it was his fault for pushing her and he shouldn't have to expect her to know how to float or tread within a day.

It takes at least a week and he pushed her to do it in a few hours.

You're an idiot Hwiyoung.

He looked down again at his shoe and the laces were untied completely. He went to a bench that had a person sitting there staring at his phone. He had a black baseball cap covering his face, a black oversize shirt with black ripped jeans and black Jordan shoes.

At first, it didn't bother Hwiyoung, he was only going to tie his shoe and leave but from the corner of his eye he saw a girl with light blue hair on the person's phone and that's when his curiosity kicked in.

The guy eyed him and put his phone down. "Can I help you?"

Hwiyoung's jaw dropped and blinked at him before he spoke. "You're the one that was with Jeongyeon that day."

The guy widen his eyes as he stared at Hwiyoung again and cracked a smile on the side putting his head down. "Bobby. I remember you. You were with that girl with brown hair."

"That's right." Hwiyoung stayed in his place before he sat down. "How's Jeongye-"

"Don't say her name." Bobby cut him off. "It's for safety purposes, nothing personal."

Hwiyoung had no idea what was going on with her life but he wanted to know how she was doing. "How is she?"

"Fine." Bobby's answers were short and not detailed.

Hwiyoung eyed him from the corner of his eye and couldn't help but smirk. "You fell for her didn't you?"

Bobby stayed quiet and clinched his jaw a few times.

The younger male stared at Bobby a few seconds and took his silence as a 'yes' and knew there was more to the story between them. "I don't know what's going on, but whatever it is, I hope she is ok, protected and treated with happiness with the one she loves."

"And if I'm hurting her?" Bobby asked looking to stare at the younger male in the eyes. "She is safe, I promise you that."

"Are you hurting her for the wrong reasons?" Hwiyoung answered Bobby by asking him a question.

Bobby stared down at his shoes leaning forward on his thighs. "It may seem like I am but I'm protecting her. It's just hard when you hit a wall with someone you love and want to fix everything from when it started."

Hwiyoung could relate since his situation with Tzuyu. He wished he could go back to problem and apologize. He sighed and leaned back. "That girl with the brown hair, we're together now. It's been four months and these past days, we've hit a wall because I was forcing her to face her fear and I kind of admitted that she was the one with the problem. The moment she got out of the water, I should have gone after her but I didn't."

Bobby cracked a smile shaking his head. "That's a simply a lovers spat that can't be fixed." <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter