D(ooms)day

Love Scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With hair, make-up, wardrobe and a few hours of pre-interviews now complete, Jennie was finally ready to meet her fellow participant. With headphones covering her ears to obscure any possible sound that could potentially give away who her co-star was, she was led into a room with a pretty pink handmade set, which ended, as far as she could tell, with a wall that she assumed served as a divider between her and her partner in crime for the next three weeks. So many thoughts ran through her head as she sat on the seat provided, facing the camera that was filming her ahead. First of all, with her set being pink, was her co-star’s blue? Was he a guy? 


Hmm.


She honestly hadn’t considered what the gender the person opposite the wall could be up until that very moment because she had been so hyper-focused on how this show would work out for her. Now that she was on the subject though, if it was a guy, who could it be? The only thing Jisoo had told her about the person she’d be filming with was that they were one of the most famous people in the country. Jennie’s mind did a quick identity check. For whatever reason, she was convinced it would be an actor. On a personal note, she’d have been more than happy if it was Park Seojoon, who was a megastar and one of the most sought after, eligible bachelors in the country. The eye candy that would provide would be a welcome distraction from her outstanding tasks while filming. And then, of course, you had a younger star in the form of Cha Eunwoo, who seemed to go from height to height with each passing year. Also very nice to look at. Many more actor names popped up in her head. There really was no telling who was sitting there as far as she was concerned, but she hoped he was hot because, well, priorities.


Jennie was given no time to think further as all of a sudden, the music playing in her headphones stopped and Jisoo’s voice suddenly came into play.
“Hello, please do not speak, this is your PD,” she began. “We are minutes away from starting the filming of this segment and having you two meet for the first time. We ask that until then, you do not speak. You will be given instructions via headset and we ask that you do as we ask without words until the wall between you is lifted, at which point you are free to converse with each other. Please nod if you understand.”


Jennie nodded in response. 


“Great. In that case, good luck to the both of you, we hope this is a rewarding experience for all, and without further ado, let’s begin.”
Filming began with a small, cute activity. With the board and pen provided, both were to answer a set of questions that PD Jisoo would relay to them.

Question one: What do you hope to gain out of this? 

A promotion, in all honesty, Jennie thought to herself. She of course wasn’t going to write that though. So she went with something simple, and partly true.
A friend.

Q2: What do you do for a living?
I work in fashion, she simply put.

And Q3: what do you think the person behind the wall does?
Actor. 

After two more questions, the moment had arrived. It was finally time for the reveal. Jennie stood up as instructed and faced the makeshift wall that was about to be lifted with a nervous, breathy exhale. She was the worst at letting people in, so the thought of having to do so with a stranger and have it filmed was scaring the living lights out of her, but she once again tried to calm down by reminding herself that this was the direction to go in and that by the end of it that promotion would be hers. Commit to this, she told herself. Allow yourself to be vulnerable. With a final, determined nod to herself, she straightened up and ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter