Haunted House

Haunted House

 

Sowon was driving in the streets, it was dark as it was now the middle of the night. She looked around, some kids were still out, in their costumes playing around. She followed the indication on the gps and entered a nice and rich neighborhood. As she continued driving, she could see nice big old houses with funny halloween decoration all around the neighbors.

 

It was her first time in this neighborhood but it seemed to be a nice and calm part of the city. The houses were really beautiful and Sowon wondered if she would be able to buy a chic house like that one day.

 

The gps made her jump as it signaled she was arrived at her destination. She stopped her car and looked on her right. She could see a big fence, old and chained. It looked like this gate was closed for years. The garden looked like a mess and it did not keep nice at all as in some meters away was standing a huge old and abandoned house.

 

Sowon stared at it and sighed. It really looked like a haunted house, no wonder someone wanted to throw a halloween party here. Sowon got out of her car and walked to the gate, it was closed and so rusted.

 

It was so damaged by the time that Sowon wondered how the gate was still standing. On the side, some meters away the fence was broken, it was making a hole where Sowon could picture people entering. Therefore, she slowly passed in the hole and entered too, following the stamped grass till she was on the alley. The house alley was kinda long and the garden was huge compared to the other houses around there.

 

Sowon wasn’t really reassured to be there, it was too calm and really dark. Sowon took her phone out to use her flash to give a look around herself and saw that she had no reception. She kept looking around and shivered, the tall girl already regretted coming here.

 

Sowon walked through the alley and was hoping to see some lights coming from the house since her friends were supposed to be there already. The six of them received the same invitation, it was a mysterious invitation to a special party in an haunted house and of course the girls were excited to go, except Sowon that hated parties. Sowon tried to convince them to stay home with her and watch some movies but they all decided to go, so Sowon didn’t insist but decided to stay home by herself.

 

If she was here now it was because she received a voicemail form Eunha who begged her to come. The reception wasn’t good and the message was cut. Sowon decided to come only because it seemed that Eunha was scared which was worried her about the short girl but also her group of friends.

 

As she finally reached the doorstep, Sowon looked around again, she felt like someone was watching her. But as she scanned around, all she could see was the messy bushes and dead rosetree.

 

She pushed the door slowly, it creaked making a piercing sound. Sowon lightened the entrance with her phone.

 

“Yerin?” she asked as it seemed empty inside. “Don’t you dare scare me!” she said but got no answer. Yerin was the one that was really into this kind of jokes, the girl really loved halloween and really loved to scare her friends.

 

Sowon took a step inside and tried to look around when the door suddenly slammed shut behind her making her jump and shriek in surprise.

 

She put her hand on her heart as it was beating fast after the door scared her then she looked around again.

 

“Well done, you got me! Now, show yourself!” said Sowon as she walked more into the house and explored the rooms. The living room was quite big, many armchairs were covered with plastic bag to protect them from the dust, a window was broken, there was pieces of glasses on the floor and an old buffet and a table were surrounded by broken plates. Sowon got closer to the window as she saw a light outside.

 

It seemed to come from the garden on the side of the house, like if someone was holding a flashlight.

 

“Is someone here?” called Sowon from the window but the light disappeared behind the bushes. “Yerin is that you?!” called again Sowon before something entered the house by the window, coming straight to her face, breaking a little more the window.

 

Sowon fall on her and looked up, a crow was flying in the house hitting all the walls and furnitures before going out by another broken big window in the corridor.

 

Sowon’s heart was beating so fast that she thought it would explode. Her hands were shaking, she stood up slowly and walked away from the window.

 

As she walked backward her back hit a door who opened behind her. She turned around slowly, her phone in hand to lighten a little the room behind her. It was the kitchen.

 

Sowon walked slowly avoiding getting too close to the windows again, too scared something would dart at her again. There was only a table and an old fridge in this room.

 

Sowon swallowed hard and walked around wondering where her friends could be. “Yerin?” she called as Yerin was the eldest and supposed to be the one in charge of their group of friends when Sowon wasn’t around. “Eunha?” she tried as it was Eunha that called her to ask her to come earlier.

 

Sowon walked back to the door and passed beside the fridge who suddenly started to shake violently. Sowon yelled as she took some step back and hit her back against the table that was in the middle of the room. The fridge fell on the side and the door opened hitting the floor in a loud noise.

 

Sowon used her phone to see better and saw something inside, it looked like a person. She bend and stared at the open fridge lying on its side. Suddenly a arm fall out and Sowon jumped again and almost scream until she saw a phone in that person’s hand. The screen was blinking fast but she could see a pic of herself.

 

“Eunha?!” she said panicked as she rushed to the black shadow in the fridge and took out the small girl.

 

Eunha...?” she asked softly as she caressed Eunha’s face slowly. Eunha was so cold, half conscious.

 

“You came…” breathed out Eunha slowly and Sowon nodded.

 

“Of course.” she answered at she took off her jacket and rolled it around Eunha who seemed to regain her sense. “What happened?” she asked looking around scared now. As Eunha was becoming less cold and pale, a dark smoke seemed to escape the body of the short girl and float over their head before getting in between the wooden planks of the ceiling disappearing upstairs.

 

Eunha got closer to Sowon and hugged her tightly, hiding against the tall girl. “I wanna go home.” whispered Eunha terrified.

 

“Where are the girls? What happened to you, how did you end up..” Sowon hesitated. “In this fridge?” she finally asked and Eunha looked up at her.

 

“It’s the shadow…” she said looking around scared. “The shadow locked us in and… and a black fog started to surround us, we all screamed and yelled I tried to run to the door but I was stuck, I tried to call you, many times, to call for help but then it was like I couldn’t remember anything.” explained Eunha still shocked.

 

Sowon hugged her again. “Do you know where are the other girls, there was only the five of you here when you arrived?” asked Sowon as she now helped Eunha to stood up.

 

“I don’t know, I think it was only us…” answered Eunha looking at the fridge were she was stuck before.

 

“Why did you came out only now?” asked Sowon realising Eunha made the fridge move and open on her own.

 

“I… heard you call my name… it kinda woke me up...” said Eunha not sure how to explain it.

 

Sowon helped Eunha wear Sowon’s jacket better and zipped it making sure the short girl would not be cold. “Give me your hand.” she said and Eunha did it, holding tight on Sowon’s hand.

 

“We will find the girls and get out.” said Sowon determined. “Did you visit the house before everything happened?” she asked not knowing if the girls take a look around before getting trapped by the shadow.

 

Eunha nodded. “We quickly take a look around but saw that no one was here and wondered if the party was really here...”

 

Sowon nodded too. “Do you have an idea where the girls could be?” she asked and Eunha shook her head.

 

Sowon guided Eunha out of the kitchen and they saw the stairs that were going on the first floor. Sowon looked at Eunha. “Maybe we should follow the shadow…?” she said and Eunha looked at her wide eyes clenching her hand around Sowon’s.

 

“No…” she whispered terrified.

 

“When it let go of you, it went upstairs, maybe the girls are there.” she said and Eunha hesitated before pointing the the stairs even more scared.

 

Sowon turned around and looked at the same direction, she saw a shadow standing there, it was tall and slim. It looked like it was wearing a hat. Eunha hid behind Sowon while Sowon pointed her phone to the shadow that disappeared away in a long and screeching noise.

 

Eunha hid her ears then Sowon turned to look at her again. “It’s okay, it’s gone now.” she said in a reassuring voice. “I think the light scared him away.” said Sowon as Eunha slowly looked behind Sowon making sure the shadow was really gone. Sowon took Eunha’s face in her hands and smiled at her.

 

“Hold my hand nothing will happen to you I promise.” said Sowon sincerely and Eunha nodded before following her.

 

They walked on the stairs that were slowly cracking under their weight. Sowon was hoping no stair would break under them. Eunha was holding tight on Sowon’s arm while the tall girl was lighting the room with her phone. They were in another long corridor, down the hall were other stairs probably going in the attic, on her left two doors and on her right only one.

 

Eunha pointed to the door on the right. “There’s a bedroom here, and here too.” she said showing the two doors facing each other. Then she pointed to the other door. “This one is a bathroom…” she explained and Sowon nodded reassured to know what kind of rooms were behind the doors.

 

“Let’s try this bedroom.” said Sowon as she walked to the door and opened it slowly. They entered and looked around. It was empty only a bed was standing in the middle. The windows were broken too.

 

“Stay away from the windows.” warned Sowon in a whisper and Eunha nodded as she would not leave Sowon’s side anyway.

 

Sowon made sure to look everywhere but the room was empty so they tried the other bedroom but no one was in there. Sowon started to worry, she should have insisted for the girls not to go to this stupid party invitation, if only she had insisted more and convinced her friends not to go, nothing would have happened.

 

Sowon approached the bathroom door and tried to open it but the door seemed locked. She turned to Eunha who seemed surprised too.

 

“It was open when we came here earlier…” said Eunha and Sowon started to kick the door.

 

“Someone’s in there?!” she asked as she kicked on the door as hard as she could.

 

Suddenly the door started to vibrate and they heard some cries.

 

“It’s Sinb…” said Eunha recognizing her friend and Sowon nodded as she started to hit the door even more strongly. Then she stopped and looked around, she found a metal bar that was a part of an old broken hanger.

 

She used it to open the door by sticking it in-between the door and the handle. As she pulled on it, the handle broke down tearing apart a piece of the wooden door before falling on the floor. With one last kick, Sowon opened the door and rushed inside followed closely by Eunha.

 

The bath was full of a black liquid. Sowon slowly took a step closer and as she bend to look at it closer a hand suddenly got out of it and grabbed her by the collar, pulling her down. Sowon started to shout for help and tried to fight back before she would get drowned inside the bath but the arm seemed so strong.

 

Eunha caught Sowon and tried to pull her away, the short girl circled her arms around Sowon’s waist and tried her best to keep her away from the black liquid.

 

Suddenly Eunha pulled strongly on Sowon and they both fall back on the floor.

 

“You okay?!” asked Eunha to Sowon who was now free from the arm.

 

They both looked at the bath and a head slowly got out of the liquid, it was dripping with the weird thick liquid. The hand was trying to reach them.

 

“Help…” mumbled the person and Sowon looked at it wide eyes.

 

“It’s Sinb!” she said and she stood up immediately. She grabbed the girl and quickly pulled her out of the bath.

 

They laid her on the floor and Eunha picked up Sowon’s phone that fell when she suddenly got grabbed by Sinb and lightened in the direction of the girls.

 

Sowon whipped Sinb’s face and got closer to her. “Sinb, do you hear me?” she asked and Sinb nodded before starting to cough. Sowon took a step back as Sinb couched more and more and ended up vomiting a puddle of black liquid.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Eunha shocked and worried.

 

Sinb looked up at them and jumped in Sowon’s arms to hug her. Sowon hugged her back and they once again saw a black smoke surrounding them, it seemed to get out of the bath and away from Sinb to fly away by the door.

 

It was like the liquid suddenly became a smoke and they could see that Sinb was clearly going better.

 

“I thought I was dead…” articulated Sinb with difficulty as she was trembling, still in state of shock.

 

Sowon patted her head and hugged her again. “We are here, calm down.” said Sowon with a reassuring tone.

 

Eunha got closer to them and kept looking around worried. “I think we should hurry up…” she whispered and Sowon nodded.

 

“Sinb, can you stand up?” asked Sowon as she stood up and Sinb nodded. Sowon offered her hand to Sinb and helped her. Once on her feet Sinb looked around and picked up the metal bar that Sowon used to open the door.

 

“Did you find the others?” she asked to the girls who shook their head. “Let’s go then, we can’t let this shadow get them.” she said determined and Eunha made a face.

 

“What do you think you’re doing with that bar?” she asked her. “It’s a shadow, it’s made of smoke, your bar is useless.” said Eunha frowning.

 

“And it seems that it get stronger as we liberate the smoke that was imprisoning you.” said Sowon. “Freeing the other girls may be more and more harder.”

 

Sinb sighed. “I should have guessed there was something wrong with this invitation…” she said looking down. “I’m really-”

 

Sinb stopped as Sowon’s flash started to blink. Sowon looked at her phone but nothing seemed wrong. “What the hell…” she said as she flash was becoming crazy.

 

“My phone did the same when I tried to call for help.” said Eunha taking out her phone, the screen was still blinking quickly making it impossible to use it.

 

Sinb tried her phone and used her flash. “Mine’s still working.” she said as she handed it to Sowon. They got out of the bathroom and saw long trails of black smoke on the floor. Sowon went first and saw it was going to the other stairs.

 

“The attic…” she said as it could only be an attic upstairs.

 

They walked slowly, Eunha was staying in between Sowon and Sinb as they reached the stairs. Sowon walked on the first stair worried to hear the old wood crack under her feet.

 

“Let’s go slowly.” she said and the girls nodded before following her.

 

She opened the door and entered a big attic, on the edge the ceiling was low as they were just under the roof. Sowon who was tall was careful not to hit her head.

 

“Flashlights.” said Eunha pointing to a wooden trunk. They got closer and find many flashlights. Sinb took one and turned it on, it was working, they all took one and started to look around.

 

Compared to the rest of the house, this room was so full. Desks, chairs, a couch, some shelves and trunks, lot of trunks.

 

“Sowon…” called Sinb and both Sowon and Eunha turned to look at her. Sinb had her flashlight pointed to a big trunk that was overflowing with black smoke.

 

Sowon ran to it and tried to open it but it has a lock on it.

 

“Maybe there’s a key around.” said Eunha and Sowon nodded before they started to look all around, emptying the drawers and the trunks hoping to find the key. Sinb walked past the window and Sowon saw her.

 

“Stay away from the windows!” yelled Sowon and Sinb frowned not understanding before realising she was in front of the only window of the attic.

 

“Why?” she asked not understanding why Sowon was reacting like that.

 

Before Sowon could explain, a crow flew thought the broken window and was about to hit Sinb right in the face but Sinb took her metal bar with two hands and hit the crow before it could hit her and send it out by the same window.

 

Sowon looked at her surprised, open while Eunha giggled.

 

Sinb smiled at them. “I play softball remember.” she told them and Sowon glared at her.

 

“Still, stay away from the windows.” warned Sowon and Sinb rolled her eyes.

 

“I find a key!” said Eunha running to Sowon with a little key in hand. “Do you think it’s the one?” she asked and Sowon shook her shoulders.

 

“We will find out soon.” she said walking to the trunk and putting the key inside the lock, she turned the key and the lock opened, she took it off and let it fall on the floor before trying to opened the trunk, but it seemed so heavy. Sinb joined her and tried to pull it with her but still it seemed glued.

 

They tried to use the metal bar as a crowbar but it was useless. As they were trying everything they could, they felt a cold breeze going through the attic. The three of them turned their head slowly and saw the shadow. It was bigger than before and seemed more threatening.

 

“Lights!” said Sowon and they all pointed their flashlights to it. The attic became so bright that they got a little blind, the shadow squealed before dispersing and disappearing.

 

They all jumped when the trunk opened all of a sudden revealing Umji who took a deep breath. The young girl seemed out of breath. “Slowly....” said Swoon as she helped her standing up and get out of the trunk. “Breath slowly…” she repeated and Umji regained her breathing after some seconds.

 

They saw the black smoke that was surrounding the trunk getting out of the room. They all looked at Umji.

 

“Feeling better?” asked Sinb and Umji nodded.

 

“I want to leave this place…” said Umji weakly and Sowon nodded.

 

“We will get Yuju and Yerin and leave this place forever.” promised Sowon with a reassuring voice. “Ready?” she asked and Umji nodded. “Stay close to us.”

 

Eunha took Umji’s arm in hers and then gave the younger girl a flashlight too. They followed Sinb down the stairs, Sowon stayed behind and closed the attic door when suddenly the stairs under their feet started to crack loudly.

 

“Run!” said Sowon and the girls hurried down as the stairs were collapsing behind them ending up totally crushed as they reached the floor. It was making the access to the attic now impossible. A loud scary cry echoed throughout the house sending shiver through Sowon’s spine.

 

She frowned and checked that everyone was fine. “Let’s continue.” she said as she passed in front and guided the girls downstairs, they looked again in the living room and in the kitchen but they didn’t find the other girls.

 

“Could it be possible they escaped already?” asked Umji not letting go of Eunha who was as scared at her. Sinb was terrified too but was trying to hide it.

 

“I don’t think so.” said Sowon looking around. “We probably missed something.”

 

Sowon was about to add something when she saw a light outside again, like someone running in the garden with flashlight. She was about to get closer to the window when she remembered what happened last time.

 

Umji that saw it too didn’t hesitate and ran to the window. “Help!” she shouted at the person outside that stopped, then ran away and disappeared again.

 

“Umji!” said Sowon before running to her pushing her on the floor just in time as a group of crows entered by the window. This light outside was probably a trap to get them close to the windows.

 

The crows were flying all around, crazily, hitting everything on their way. Eunha quickly went on the ground and hid her head with her arms to protect herself while Sinb was using her metal bar to scare them but it was only making them more aggressive. Sowon helped Umji to move away from the window and they crawled till they were under a table, Sowon made sign to Eunha and Sinb to join them quickly.

 

As they were all under the table, a little more protected from the crows, Eunha got closer to Sowon.

 

“You okay?” asked the short girl worried and Sowon nodded.

 

“You?” asked back Sowon and Eunha nodded too.

 

“How are we gonna get out now?” asked Sinb looking at all the crows flying in the room.

 

Sowon sighed. “I don’t know...”

 

Umji who was still a little shocked by what happened was looking down, playing with her flashlight when her eyes caught something. “What’s that?” she asked pointing to a big metal ring hanging on the floor.

 

Sowon looked at it. “Looks like a trapdoor.” she said as she tried to pull on it. “Sinb you’re sitting on it.” she said and Sinb moved so Sowon could open the hatch.

 

They all pointed their flashlights in it and saw stairs below.

 

“Are you kidding me?” asked Eunha. “A cave?” she asked and Sowon hesitated.

 

“Our friends must be in there.” said the tall girl.

 

“Yeah and the shadow too.” answered Umji. “No way I’m going down.” she said crossing her arms.

 

“You rather stay here alone?” asked Sinb and Umji immediately shook her head.

 

Sowon started to enter the cave. “I’m going first.” she said and the girls nodded. Eunha followed close behind her then Sinb made sign for Umji to go too. Sinb gave one last look behind her and followed the group.

 

Once they were all in the cave, they couldn’t see much, a thick and dense black fog was surrounding them and their flashlights seemed to lose their power into such a strong dark energy. Sowon shook her flashlight but it started blinking.

 

It was so cold here compared to the other rooms, Sowon started walking forward slowly. “Yuju? Yerin?” she asked but the cave was silent.

 

Taking another step in the darkness Sowon bumped against a small desk. She tried to look at it, many object were on it but what caught her eyes were the matches. She picked them up and lighted one to check if they were still working, it was so cold here and humid that Sowon hadn’t much hope about the matches working. But it did, and as soon as the flame appeared, a strong gust of wind blowed through the room, blowing the match off. It was so strong that the girls tried to hide behind each other. It was carrying that awful long and loud cry again and their flashlights blinked all at the same time.

 

Sowon was in front and closed her eyes as the girls were behind her, all clinging onto each other and staying behind the tall girl waiting for the wind to finally stop.

 

When it calmed down, Sowon opened her eyes slowly, she turned around and checked the girls before realising the fog was gone. They all looked quickly around and find Yuju tied on a chair unconscious.

 

The girls rushed to her and untied her. Sinb shook her lightly to wake her up. “Yuju?” she called. “Yuju we’re here.” she said but Yuju was still not opening her eyes.

 

“Is she dead…?” asked Eunha tears in the eyes.

 

Sowon got her ear close to Yuju’s mouth and listened, the girl was still breathing, it was a light breathing but she was alive.

 

“She’s alive, but she’s so cold, we need to warm her up.” said Sowon and Eunha took off the jacket Sowon gave her earlier to give it to Yuju. Umji got closer and hugged Yuju tightly. Sinb looked around and find an old fire lamp. Sowon lighten it and kept it close to Yuju as she rubbed Yuju’s arms quickly to warm her up faster.

 

“Yuju…” whispered Umji not letting go of her friend. “Stay with us...”

 

Sowon saw that when she was rubbing Yuju’s body, some black smoke was vanishing slowly from Yuju. “Sinb, Eunha help me I think it’s working.” she said and the girls helped her. They could see more and more smoke evaporate from their friend and floating around them.

 

“Keep going.” said Umji as Yuju was now trembling and breathing harder.

 

Suddenly Yuju arched her back and black smoke came out of and nostrils. She opened her eyes. Her eyes were all black then slowly they went to their normal colors as more smoke left her body.

 

Yuju seemed to regain consciousness as she took a deep breath.

 

“Yuju?” asked Umji as she looked at her in the eyes. “How do you feel?”

 

Yuju swallowed hard and looked around shocked, wondering where she was. “Am I dead?” she asked and Umji shook her head.

 

“No you’re not.” she said as she hugged her and Eunha joined the hug too.

 

“We thought we lost you.” said Eunha sadly and Yuju held her hand.

 

Sowon didn’t want to interrupt the moment but she was worried that the more they would wait the more Yerin’s state would be bad.

 

“Yuju?” asked Sowon and Yuju focused on her. “Do you know where is Yerin?”

 

Yuju looked at Sowon and panicked. “Oh my god, Yerin…” said Yuju as she stood up immediately before pointing to a door the girls didn’t see before.

 

Sinb ran to the door and tried to open it but it was locked, she used her bar and hit the handle as hard as she could till the door opened.

 

On the floor, her knees between her arms was Yerin. Surrounded by a bunch of skeletons probably from previous visitors. She looked up and saw Sinb and immediately stood up to jumped in her arms.

 

“You find me?” she asked clearly relieved.

 

Sinb nodded. “Sowon find us all, we can go home now.” said Sinb and Yerin nodded in her neck before looking behind Sinb and seeing the other girls that came closer to her and joined in a group hug.

 

“Now let’s get out of this hell of a house.” said Sowon determined and the girls nodded. But before they had time to turn around a light breeze passed by and they heard the trapdoor slam.

 

They all ran to it and pushed to open it but it was stuck. Like something heavy was laying on top of it. Black smoke was all around the opening. Sowon went back down and looked all around the cave to find something that could help. Then she remembered how the fog disappear when she lighten the match, she found a piece of wood and an old piece of sheet and rolled it around the wood before setting it on fire and walking up to the trapdoor.

 

As she approached her torch to the trapdoor it slammed open. “Hurry.” she told the girls who rushed up. As they got out of under the table, the crows were not there anymore. They walked to the entrance but the door was locked. Even the fire wasn’t helping this time.

 

They all tried to open this damn door when Sowon felt something behind her, she turned around and saw the shadow towering them. It looked so threatening, she brandished what she was using as a torch in front of her, in the direction of the shadow that held their arms up and once again a strong wind and thick black fog appeared around them.

 

They all linked arms together. They couldn’t get separated again after finding each others. Sowon moved her torch to dissipate the fog but it was so dense, then she saw a big window on their left.

 

“Girls!” she yelled and they all cling on each other’s stronger. Sowon guided them through the fog and wind, it was like crossing a storm, like walking in a blizzard. Each step was so hard, harder than the previous one. Sowon could feel Eunha on her arms having more and more difficulty and hanging hard not to get absorbed in the darkness.

 

Some furnitures were also flying in the air as the wind was so strong. Sowon finally reached the window and finished to break it completely by throwing a chair into it.

 

“Jump!” she yelled to the girls.

 

Sinb went first followed by Yuju and Umji then Yerin and finally Eunha. Sowon dropped the torch and the old wooden floor immediately started to burn, soon the walls and furnitures were burning too, the fire was consuming the house very fast. The shadow was stuck in the fire now and Sowon jumped out too.

 

The window they passed by made them end up on the terrace of the house. They were finally free and all ran down as the house was now burning completely.

 

As they were running through the long alley, Sowon looked back and saw like long tentacles of fire moving all around the house.

 

One suddenly caught her leg and made her fall. The other girls were almost at the gate now but Eunha turned around and saw her.

 

“Leave!” said Sowon as she tried to free herself but the tentacle was dragging her back to the house while a that loud cry was coming out of the house.

 

Eunha didn’t hesitate and ran back to Sowon jumping to her and catching her arms before trying to stop her. The tentacle was so long and the fire was now turning black. Eunha was pulling Sowon to her with all her strength but they were both dragged by the dark force.

 

“Let me go or we will both die!” said Sowon as she was trying to push Eunha away from her to save her from getting back into the house too.

 

“Never!” cried Eunha clenching her fists around Sowon’s wrists. “I can’t leave you to die!” she said tears running on her face. Eunha moved closer to Sowon and hugged her. “If you die then I die too.” she said but suddenly the other girls caught them and pulled them. They all tried to get Sowon and Eunha away from the house.

 

As they were all hanging on Sowon, the top of the house collapsed and send a shock wave that freed Sowon. Seeing the tentacle disappearing and the house falling down, Eunha helped Sowon get up and they all run away for good.

 

They passed by the hole in the fence quickly and all jumped into Sowon’s car. They looked one last time at the house while Sowon was starting the engine but the house was now just a burning pile of ashes.

 

Seeing that Sowon started the engine but still didn’t move the car Eunha who was sitting on the passenger seat took Sowon’s hand in hers. “Are you okay?” she asked slowly.

 

Sowon showed Eunha her leg. She had a burn mark around her ankle. “It hurt a little…” she said and Eunha nodded.

 

“Can you drive?” asked Umji from behind and seeing Sowon’s leg too.

 

“Yeah I can.” said Sowon. “It’s just superficial, it could have been worst…” she said before looking back at Eunha.

 

Yerin cleared . “Not that I’m not worried about you Sowon but the more far away we can go to this devil house the better we will be.” she said and Sowon nodded totally agreeing with Yerin.

 

“Alright alright.” said Sowon before driving away.

 

After this night, the girls promised each other to never visit a haunted house ever again… but what they couldn’t see while driving away in the dark night, was that Yerin’s eyes turned black, her body still totally filled with black smoke...

 

FIN